Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Certainty 
Site Admin

Post Certainty
What is the purpose of propaganda?

To make us certain.

On September 11, 2001, the propaganda was rolled out to make us certain that 19 Arab/Islamic fanatics had attacked our nation so that we could invade and occupy Afghanistan, the biggest opium producer in the world, in a campaign called "Operation Enduring Freedom".

Following 9/11, the propaganda was rolled out again in 2003 to make us certain that Iraq had "weapons of mass destruction" so that we could invade and occupy that country, which sits on some of the largest oil reserves in the world, in a campaign called "Operation Iraqi Freedom".

In 2008, we were washed down with a flood of propaganda again to make us certain that the only way to avoid global economic catastrophe was to give the biggest banks in the world more money than anyone can imagine.

Today, we are swimming in an ocean of propaganda, with the latest splash in our faces designed to make us certain that Libyan people are evil monsters that kill our peaceful ambassadors and will do the same to us unless we invade and occupy their country... ...for what?

I can't be certain anymore.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:11 am

Post Re: Certainty
What is the purpose of propaganda?

To make us certain.

Incorrect premise. Propaganda's main function is to keep us framed in particular narratives. States of certainty (and uncertainty) have little to do with narrative framing for they are internal states. Propaganda is an external state. Discernment is part of our inner state, and it can help reduce uncertainty or increase it.

To wit, propaganda's purpose is to make us informed as the controllers wish us to be informed, in most cases, falsely informed.

Quote:
On September 11, 2001, the propaganda was rolled out to make us certain that 19 Arab/Islamic fanatics had attacked our nation so that we could invade and occupy Afghanistan, the biggest opium producer in the world, in a campaign called "Operation Enduring Freedom".

Following 9/11, the propaganda was rolled out again in 2003 to make us certain that Iraq had "weapons of mass destruction" so that we could invade and occupy that country, which sits on some of the largest oil reserves in the world, in a campaign called "Operation Iraqi Freedom".

In 2008, we were washed down with a flood of propaganda again to make us certain that the only way to avoid global economic catastrophe was to give the biggest banks in the world more money than anyone can imagine.

Propaganda was used in each of these instances in the framing of a false narrative. Those with discernment broke through the apparent clarity of the false narrative ... and the haze created by our own distrust of the power pyramid (inculcated by our experiential knowledge of the power pyramid over time).

Quote:
Today, we are swimming in an ocean of propaganda, with the latest splash in our faces designed to make us certain that Libyan people are evil monsters that kill our peaceful ambassadors and will do the same to us unless we invade and occupy their country... ...for what?

I can't be certain anymore.

You can be certain of one thing absolutely, namely, the power pyramid is not to be trusted ... in anything ... that means, even when it frames real narrative.

To wit, when the lies fly off the state-sponsored tongues without restraint, one can either stick around for tidbits of truth that may be swept along with the barrage ... or one can use one's time constructively and circumvent the state tongues for a better source. One needn't throw up one's arms in vain and wallow in self-pity and the mud of uncertainty.

Pax Aqua Terra Amore

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:16 pm

The philosophy of uncertainty? What is it? And qui bono?

The power pyramid loves confusion. It compartmentalizes its minions for one type of confusion. It sends out disinformation stooges for another type. It turns the main broadband with narrative spinners for yet another type.

Confusion is a high-stakes poker game for empires. The more they create, the better their playing hand.

Uncertainty and confusion are fraternal twins.

The philosophy of uncertainty and the philosophy of confusion have the same mother. Those who entertain either philosophy might as well lay out the red carpet for the pharaohs of the power pyramid and arrange themselves on knees for servile duty and/or the pleasure of the high potentates.

Pax Claritas

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:33 pm
Site Admin

UncleZook wrote:
Incorrect premise. Propaganda's main function is to keep us framed in particular narratives. States of certainty (and uncertainty) have little to do with narrative framing for they are internal states.

Incorrect reasoning. To be "framed" within a particular narrative requires that you believe it, otherwise you are not confined within that narrative. Belief requires certainty -- you do not believe things you doubt. So certainty is necessary for propaganda to work, as my examples clearly demonstrate.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:56 pm

UncleZook wrote:
Incorrect premise. Propaganda's main function is to keep us framed in particular narratives. States of certainty (and uncertainty) have little to do with narrative framing for they are internal states.

Incorrect reasoning. To be "framed" within a particular narrative requires that you believe it, otherwise you are not confined within that narrative.

Incorrect assumption. One can be framed by the prodding fear of not accepting propaganda as much as by actual belief in the propaganda.

Quote:
Belief requires certainty -- you do not believe things you doubt. So certainty is necessary for propaganda to work, as my examples clearly demonstrate.

Again, you have omitted the more common frame and fenced pasture, e.g. the paralyzing fear of the consequences of not obeying the propaganda (that one doesn't necessarily believe in). I've seen this first hand with several PhD professors who I'd posed the troubling questions of 9/11/2001. You could see the fear in one professor's eyes (who I sat directly across from) ... and detect the fear in another professor's voice (as he quickly rejected all the physics that he'd mastered up to the point and tossed a few barbs in the direction of those crazy Muslim fanatics!!).

Both professors are good persons, with noble hearts ... but fear understands no nobility.

Pax Veritas

ps: I also faced the same reaction with many childhood friends of mine who have gone on to become successful professionals in medicine and engineering. Brilliant minds, all ... but fear observes no brilliance.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:31 pm
Site Admin

UncleZook wrote:
One can be framed by the prodding fear of not accepting propaganda as much as by actual belief in the propaganda.

An interesting tangent. Does fear "frame" one within a particular narrative, and is fear as "framing" as belief? Even more pertinent is asking if fear is really the framing mechanism we face. It certainly isn't for me, nor do I believe it is for the vast majority of people. What you describe in your professors may be something quite different from fear. It may be concern for their own hierarchical status, or even self-interest within a coercive context.

The ruling sociopaths certainly do use fear to convince us to think as they wish, i.e. to help make us certain, but I think it is a stretch to say that we believe something because we are afraid of what someone will do to us if we don't believe. Typically, in those cases, we just profess belief outwardly without truly believing. I don't call that "framing" someone within a particular narrative.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:14 am

UncleZook wrote:
One can be framed by the prodding fear of not accepting propaganda as much as by actual belief in the propaganda.

An interesting tangent. Does fear "frame" one within a particular narrative, and is fear as "framing" as belief? Even more pertinent is asking if fear is really the framing mechanism we face. It certainly isn't for me, nor do I believe it is for the vast majority of people. What you describe in your professors may be something quite different from fear. It may be concern for their own hierarchical status, or even self-interest within a coercive context.

Semantics to assuage the ego, Chico, is not a substitute for rational argument. Fear of losing one's job, livelihood, position in society, etc. is encompassed by my comment about fear. It's the same thing as concern in this narrative.

Quote:
The ruling sociopaths certainly do use fear to convince us to think as they wish, i.e. to help make us certain, but I think it is a stretch to say that we believe something because we are afraid of what someone will do to us if we don't believe. Typically, in those cases, we just profess belief outwardly without truly believing. I don't call that "framing" someone within a particular narrative.

Again, semantics as an attempt to avoid addressing the vacuity of one's assertion, here encapsulated by your OP remark "I can't be certain anymore" ... gets tiring.

Pax Spare Us The Reductionisms, Please!!

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:13 am
Site Admin

UncleZook wrote:
Semantics to assuage the ego, Chico, is not a substitute for rational argument.

Semantics is important, Zook, especially with this written medium. Fear is definitely not the same as concern. If you want to be imprecise to justify your "rational" arguments, be my guest, but you can be sure I will be attacking those weaknesses.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:58 pm
Site Admin

The propaganda is designed to make you certain that you can't win, that there is nothing you can do, that you are helpless, that your government will take care of you.

The propaganda is not true.

WWIII Is Coming Soon & Here's Why

(Alternate link here and here.)

I'm already at stage 2 -- nonviolent resistance. I've put my money where my mouth is, or in this case, it's more accurate to say I've put my actions where my ideas are. I've quit paying taxes to the criminals by deliberately limiting my income to poverty level. I'm obviously serious about my resistance, about my peaceful refusal to participate in the insanity of the sociopaths. The final stage, violent revolution, is to be avoided, and it can be avoided if stages 1 and 2 can reach critical mass. That underscores the seriousness of the first two stages. Educate others and take action by resisting. If you don't, peaceful revolution will fail, and violent revolution will become inevitable.

It's up to us, the People. Don't leave the fate of our world in the sociopaths' hands. Spread the ideas, and resist the propaganda and programs of the sociopaths.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:01 am

"They" are supporting Revolution, like these videos, and using every excuse to create violence.

All the stages are covered Chic.

There is no freedom except through the truth which includes esoteric means and even then those bases are covered too. (I know you hate hearing this, due to your bias to what esoteric means, but it is not laying down and dying I can tell you that.)

From my understandings Revolution is the big paycheck for Evil.

They just back you up in a corner and taunt you until you do so. Nothing less then cattle prodding imho...

This is just the MO for social engineering, support corruption and the ideology of freedom. Freedom is the appearance and corruption hollows out the inside.
Just in the same way cancer works. When the two meet, revolution happens, then resurrection, then you go around again and again and again.

Quote:
The Hokey Pokey

You put your right hand in,
You put your right hand out,
You put your right hand in,
And you shake it all about,

You do the hokey pokey
and you turn yourself around
That what it's all about.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next