Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Suggestion Box 

Post Re: Suggestion Box
Chicodoodoo wrote:
[...]
Where did you see that the new version can be made to resemble Vbulletin? The Vbulletin look is very clean, and I have a bias towards preferring it, since I cut my teeth on Avalon and Nexus.

http://www.phpbb.com/styles/demo/3.0/in ... tyle_id=14

There are other board styles out there as well. Just picked this one as an example. If you click NEXT or PREVIOUS in the top right corner, you can scroll through the various styles.

If we can customize phpBBS to resemble the user-friendly look of Nexus/Avalon, Chico, we should be able to attract a lot more members, I think.

Mind you, we don't need to build Rome in a day ... we have at least two. :lol:

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:26 am

The flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs of the knowledge tree; wings, sentries to the curve that glides along the wisdom pond, warmed by a fire within and tickled with sounds stroked by moonlit shadows in the breeze.

Now that is a signature. Beautiful, really beautiful. Exactly what a friend of mine were just talking about. Clouds and air and fire.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:58 am
Site Admin

UncleZook wrote:
There are other board styles out there as well. Just picked this one as an example.

Try it out! I installed it (Rainbow Pearl theme), and you can select it from the User Control Panel under Board Settings.

One thing I've noticed, you can't tell if you like a particular style until you've actually tried it. Then there are colors you might want to change, and that requires additional installs and trials.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:21 am

Chicodoodoo wrote:
[...]
Try it out! I installed it (Rainbow Pearl theme), and you can select it from the User Control Panel under Board Settings.
One thing I've noticed, you can't tell if you like a particular style until you've actually tried it. Then there are colors you might want to change, and that requires additional installs and trials.

I'm a dunderhead! Never realized I could customize the board myself. Richard used to do all of that stuff at Nexus so I thought the ADMIN was the only one who could customize the board style!

This self-customizing board thing rocks!! :lol:

Thanx, Chico.

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:44 am
Chicodoodoo wrote:
UncleZook wrote:

If we need to do a background image, I know just the guy for that job.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:10 pm

Hi Chico,

I was looking at a few of the board styles last nite ... and I was wondering if you could install Artodia Elegance. Also maybe we should have a poll on a default board style here at UP. Hestia Blue is hard on the eyes as a default style, IMHO.

Thanx.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:10 pm

We should recruit the Best Minds and Souls for this place, so truth can have its day in Court! Lets not coddle the squibblers or nanny the illusionist. Lets shovel the coals of identity into the Furnace and forge the Fever that will draw out the Deception....

Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:59 pm
Site Admin

UncleZook wrote:
Hestia Blue is hard on the eyes as a default style, IMHO.

I have installed the Artodia Elegance theme, as requested.

Hestia Blue became much easier on my eyes when I zoomed in a couple of levels using the zoom feature of Firefox. Now it's so nice, I like it even better than Vbulletin.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:57 pm

Thanks guys...I didn't know abut these options!

I've tried Rainbow Pearl and Artodia Elegance. Both are good...although with rainbow when you quote someone it highlights it in very loud orange... :shock:

O.k. have just looked at them all and my heads spinning! I like another couple - is it a pain to install a few Chico :?: :?: :?:

If not I would love to try CA Orbital and maybe Burnerz. :roll:

She's a hard road finding the perfect board style :!:

Lee :D

Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:37 am
Site Admin

Yes, that loud orange quote bar was definitely unappealing! I'll bet there is a way to change that. I'll look into it.

These themes aren't horribly hard to install, but they do eat up disk space (1 to 3 MB each).

CA Orbital looks nice. I'll add it.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next