Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Technical problems 
Site Admin

Post Technical problems
The forum should be working again. It's been unavailable for a few days because of issues with the hosting server. As of now (6:30pm MST on June 12, 2011), the forum is being hosted on a different server that hopefully will be more reliable. I apologize for any inconvenience any members may have encountered.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:32 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Technical problems
Back on February 23, 2014, the user log says Chicodoodoo renamed user Lee to user Truthunter. I have no recollection of having done this, nor would I have any reason to do this or even want to do this. I didn't even know this could be done using the forum software. The change messed up Lee's posts in the forum and had them identified as being made by Truthunter. At some point I noticed this had happened, but I had no idea how it happened or how to fix it. It was only recently that I found the log entry and learned when it happened, though I am still puzzled as to how it happened. Today I started examining the database tables underlying the forum package and the data they contain, and I figured out how I could correct the error. I made the correction, and all of Lee's 72 posts are now properly attributed to her, and all of Truthunter's posts are now properly attributed to him.

Needless to say, I'm a happy camper now that the integrity of the forum data has been restored.

Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:07 am
Site Admin

Well, I didn't quite get all of Lee's posts separated from Truthunter's. I think I've got it now, with Truthunter now having 623 posts and Lee now having 433 posts (up from 0 originally and 72 as of my last post above). I managed to differentiate their posts by country location.

That was quite an interesting administrative challenge.

Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:06 pm
Site Admin

I've made some more corrections to the data in the forum database tables holding topic information. This is more effort in connection to undoing the name change mentioned in the prior two posts (Lee to Truthunter). The ramifications of that change are extensive, due to the large number of database tables and their design. There may be more work to do, but it is looking better.

Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]