Reply to topic  [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 44  Next
Bitcoin -- the Emperor's new clothes 
Site Admin

Post Re: Bitcoin -- the Emperor's new clothes
andywight wrote:
I can slow down a bit if your having trouble keeping up?

Yes, please. I liked it when you came to a complete halt. Cleaning up your droppings as you run around is annoying. Just stay in one place and soil your immediate environment. That way you are the one to deal with all your crap.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:58 am

Yes, please. I liked it when you came to a complete halt. Cleaning up your droppings as you run around is annoying. Just stay in one place and soil your immediate environment. That way you are the one to deal with all your crap.

Would you also like me to explain what a blockchain is and how it works as you still seem somewhat overwhelmed, especially considering the long overdue response that you've just given to my request for you to explain your reasoning in more detail for calling them "centralized"!

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:49 am
Site Admin

andywight wrote:
Would you also like me to explain what a blockchain is and how it works...

Yes, please.

Can you also answer any questions we might have?

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:03 pm

Can you also answer any questions we might have?

I'm trying very hard to exercise as much patience as possible with you Chicodoodoo, but are you just fucking retarded or do you just take pleasure from these BS smarmy comments, a simple forum search will quickly reveal that you're the one avoiding questions here NOT ME!

But before I explain the complex reality's of the Cryptocurrency blockchain to you lets see what the late Aaron Swartz had to say on this subject:

Squaring the Triangle: Secure, Decentralized, Human-Readable Names

When using computers, we like to refer to things with names. For example, this website is known as “www.aaronsw.com”. You can type that into your browser and read these words. There are three big properties we might want from such names:

• secure: that when you type the name in you actually get my website and not the website of an imposter
  • decentralized: that no central authority controls all the names
  • human-readable: that the name is something you can actually remember instead of some long string of randomness

In a classic paper, my friend Zooko argued that you can get at most two of these properties at any one time.

Recently, DNS legend Dan Kaminsky used this to argue that since electronic cash was pretty much the same as naming, Zooko’s triangle applied to it as well. He used this to argue that BitCoin, the secure, decentralized, human-meaningful electronic cash system was impossible. I have my problems with BitCoin, but it’s manifestly not impossible, so I just assumed Kaminsky had gone wrong somewhere.

But tonight I realized that you can indeed use BitCoin to square Zooko’s triangle. Here’s how it works:

Read more...

Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:02 am
Site Admin

andywight wrote:
a simple forum search will quickly reveal that you're the one avoiding questions here NOT ME!

You haven't actually answered my question -- will you answer questions about your explanation?

andywight wrote:
But before I explain the complex reality's of the Cryptocurrency blockchain to you lets see what the late Aaron Swartz had to say on this subject:

You said you were going to explain the block chain to me. I don't want a "cut and paste" of Zooko's pet theories, or Kaminsky's nonsense that "electronic cash was pretty much the same as naming", or Aaron's extension of this foolishness to Bitcoin. Commence with your explanation of the block chain, please.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:33 am

andywight wrote:
a simple forum search will quickly reveal that you're the one avoiding questions here NOT ME!

You haven't actually answered my question -- will you answer questions about your explanation?

This childish behavior isn't helping your case Chicodoodoo!

andywight wrote:

You said you were going to explain the block chain to me. I don't want a "cut and paste" of Zooko's pet theories, or Kaminsky's nonsense that "electronic cash was pretty much the same as naming", or Aaron's extension of this foolishness to Bitcoin. Commence with your explanation of the block chain, please.

:lol: So I guess discussion and the presentation of information isn't welcome on your forum? :lol:

As you clearly feel you have more technical knowledge and understanding about Cryptocurrencies than the late Arron Swartz can you please highlight the "nonsense" and "foolishness" his writing contained?

Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:32 pm
Site Admin

andywight wrote:
This childish behavior isn't helping your case Chicodoodoo!

You avoiding answering a simple question is though.

andywight wrote:
As you clearly feel you have more technical knowledge and understanding about Cryptocurrencies than the late Arron Swartz can you please highlight the "nonsense" and "foolishness" his writing contained?

So does this second redirection mean that you will not be explaining the block chain to us after all?

Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:25 pm

You avoiding answering a simple question is though.

Sorry, what was your question again?

andywight wrote:

So does this second redirection mean that you will not be explaining the block chain to us after all?

I find it interesting that you feel presenting information specifically about Bitcoin from someone who is clearly more qualified in this field than you as "redirection"!

Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:57 am
Site Admin

andywight wrote:
Sorry, what was your question again?

Will you answer questions about your explanation?

Of course, we now know that you won't be explaining the block chain to us, so that means you will not answer questions about your explanation, since it will never exist.

andywight wrote:
I find it interesting that you feel presenting information specifically about Bitcoin from someone who is clearly more qualified in this field than you as "redirection"!

I find it interesting that you cannot explain the block chain to us, but instead redirect to the writings of a whiz-kid who committed suicide at the tender age of 26.

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:21 am

Will you answer questions about your explanation?

No, that wasn't the question you originally asked, please try again, maybe a link might help!

Of course, we now know that you won't be explaining the block chain to us, so that means you will not answer questions about your explanation, since it will never exist.

A little premature aren't we?

Did you not read my post explaining my intentions?

andywight wrote:

I find it interesting that you cannot explain the block chain to us, but instead redirect to the writings of a whiz-kid who committed suicide at the tender age of 26.

You were the one who commented on my post, am I not allowed to discuss your comments before presenting my explanation of blockchains?

Your comments about Arron Swartz wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that he accomplished more in those 26years than you ever will, lets just compare United-people to Reddit as just one example!

Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 44  Next