Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Inflation 
Site Admin

Post Inflation
Inflation is theft by increment and by stealth. It adds up, but it is hard to see because we tend to measure value in terms of money, and the value of money is constantly changing. One thing that does not change, however, is time. An hour's worth of work remains constant. By converting value into time, we can easily see the effects of inflation.

So here's a demonstration. Let's look at how long a person has to work at minimum wage before he can buy a new home.

=====

In 1956, a person working for minimum wage ($1.00) had to work 11,700 hours to buy a new house.

In 1966, a person working for minimum wage ($1.25) had to work 17,120 hours to buy a new house.

In 1976, a person working for minimum wage ($2.10) had to work 21,048 hours to buy a new house.

In 1986, a person working for minimum wage ($3.35) had to work 27,463 hours to buy a new house.

In 1996, a person working for minimum wage ($4.75) had to work 29,474 hours to buy a new house.

In 2006, a person working for minimum wage ($5.15) had to work 47,197 hours to buy a new house.

=====

In the space of only 50 years, Americans had to work four times as many hours to obtain a new home! Here's another way to look at it. In 1956, it took 5.6 years to earn what a new house cost. In 2006, it took 22.7 years.

Now you know why life was quite comfortable in the 50s and nearly impossible today. Who is responsible for this inflation? The ruling sociopaths that control the creation of money. They are effectively enslaving us.

Data sources:
http://therealreturns.blogspot.com/2005 ... price.html
http://www.dol.gov/whd/minwage/chart.htm

Note that the U.S. government is the source of these figures, and the U.S. government is known to fudge figures to make itself look good. That would mean the data used represent the best possible picture, and the true picture is even worse than I have shown.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:46 pm

Post Re: Inflation
Its parasitically eating the host slowly....

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:04 am

really great post, Chico!

Life should be getting easier not harder (when considering knowledge and technology advancements).

The OP illustrates simply for the sheeple to see that the system is screwing them.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:13 pm

Only problem is that me Andy Zook and Mag and the rest of the small choir here already know this. :giggle:

Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:16 pm
Site Admin

Only problem is that me Andy Zook and Mag and the rest of the small choir here already know this. :giggle:

:lol: Yeah, I know, but most of what I do on the forums is not meant for the ones that already know, but for the ones that don't know. Of course, for the ones that do "know", it acts as confirmation that their suspicions are correct.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:18 pm
Site Admin

really great post, Chico!

Oh, and thank you! I can share the spreadsheet where I crunched all the numbers, if anyone is interested, but I figured given the "sound-bite" nature of our brainwashing, I would just jump to the results so that I wouldn't lose the attention of my audience. :giggle:

Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:26 pm

...and so this is the way I posted the OP on my facebook;

Quote:
In 1956, a person working for minimum wage ($1.00) had to work 11,700 hours to buy a new house.

In 1966, a person working for minimum wage ($1.25) had to work 17,120 hours to buy a new house.

In 1976, a person working for minimum wage ($2.10) had to work 21,048 hours to buy a new house.

In 1986, a person working for minimum wage ($3.35) had to work 27,463 hours to buy a new house.

In 1996, a person working for minimum wage ($4.75) had to work 29,474 hours to buy a new house.

In 2006, a person working for minimum wage ($5.15) had to work 47,197 hours to buy a new house.

This is why it does not matter who you vote for. They are two sides of the same coin enslaving you and your family.
Life should be getting much easier not 4 times harder.
When are you going to WAKE-UP?

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:53 pm
Site Admin

Good stuff! Let's hope more and more continue to wake up to the insidious con-games that are silently enslaving us.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:56 am
Site Admin

I just watched this and got a kick out of it, especially the ending. It's a good summary of the twisted path we've been led down, and quite entertaining in many of its nuances.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:14 am
Site Admin

Not too long ago, I did some computer repair work for a friend. It was fairly extensive, and when he asked what he should pay, I gave him a low-end figure of $120. He came over to my house to pay up and presented me with $5. I was delighted and called our business settled.

What just happened there?

Inflation.

Wait a minute! Isn't inflation when prices go up? Not really. Rising prices are just a symptom of the root cause. Inflation isn't even the right terminology to use. It is in the common vernacular now, but that is by deliberate design. The term "inflation" is just word play, a trick to help pull the wool over the public's eyes and keep them ignorant.

A better term than inflation is devaluation. That's really what's happening -- our money is being devalued. In other words, we are being robbed. But it's being done relatively gently and quite clandestinely.

The $5 was paid using pre-1965 U.S. coins. They are 90% silver and currently worth about 20 times their face value. So I was paid the equivalent of $100 in paper money using $5 in coins. Only I was paid in real American money, true Constitutional money, lawful money, or in a word, silver. By not paying me in junk Federal Reserve Notes, I was more than happy to discount my friend's fee by $20. He was happy, and I was happy. Only the Federal Reserve was not happy, but they should be in prison anyway, instead of living in luxury at our expense.

It is the Federal Reserve, in league with the U.S. government, that has devalued our currency over the last 50 years such that a $5 cart of groceries now costs $100 for the exact same food. Well, not really, as it can be easily argued that the food is less nutritious and more toxic now than it was 50 years ago. You can ultimately thank the Federal Reserve and the U.S. government for that as well. Or to be more accurate, because this is a very complex con-game, you can thank the ruling sociopaths that quietly control the Federal Reserve and the U.S. government. And watch out, as both con-games (devaluing money and de-nutrifying food) are accelerating.

Oh, you think we have a government of the people, by the people, and for the people? That's another subject, though it is closely related, as it too is a con-game. Please see the threads on propaganda, brainwashing, and mind control.

By the way, the cumulative effect of all these con-games (devaluing money, de-nutrifying food, and destroying truth) is to devalue life. Your life, my life, and the lives of everyone living on this planet. That's why rule by sociopaths is the worst of all possible worlds.

And we've got it.

Fri May 03, 2013 10:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next