Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
The wealth gap 
Site Admin

Post Re: The wealth gap
Quote:
In 2010, Mr. Moore secured the company's legacy by transferring its ownership to its employees. More than 700 employee owners own the company. According to the Washington Post, "The Bible says to do unto others as you would have them do unto you," he later told Portland Monthly, explaining his belief that sharing profits and ownership would "make things more fair and more benevolent." -- source

There he is, Bob Moore, a non-sociopath, owner of Red Mill, celebrated for his goodness.

I look for Red Mill ground grains at the food banks I frequent, and I eat the flours Red Mill creates. I didn't know of Bob Moore, but I was connected to him. Indirectly, he nourished me, and I am grateful to him and all the other people who contributed to feeding us all. Essentially, I am grateful to all the non-sociopaths who feed us, rather than the sociopaths who feed on us.

By leaving his business to the employees, Bob Moore reduced the wealth gap. How admirable! How saintly!

Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4