Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next
Fukushima Cesium-137 is 85 times greater than at Chernobyl 
Site Admin

Post Re: Fukushima Cesium-137 is 85 times greater than at Cherno
Quote:
Four years after the 2011 Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster, the disaster no longer dominates U.S. news headlines, though the disabled plant continues to pour three tons of radioactive water into the ocean each day. Homes, schools and businesses in the Japanese prefecture are uninhabitable, and will likely be so forever. Yet the U.S. media has dropped the story while public risks remain.

A new analysis by American University sociology professor Celine Marie Pascale finds that U.S. news media coverage of the disaster largely minimized health risks to the general population. Pascale analyzed more than 2,000 news articles from four major U.S. outlets following the disaster's occurrence March 11, 2011 through the second anniversary on March 11, 2013. Only 6 percent of the coverage -- 129 articles -- focused on health risks to the public in Japan or elsewhere. Human risks were framed, instead, in terms of workers in the disabled nuclear plant.

"It's shocking to see how few articles discussed risk to the general population, and when they did, they typically characterized risk as low," said Pascale, who studies the social construction of risk and meanings of risk in the 21st century. "We see articles in prestigious news outlets claiming that radioactivity from cosmic rays and rocks is more dangerous than the radiation emanating from the collapsing Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant." -- source

The mainstream news media is scripted to downplay the risk of radiation exposure from the Fukushima disaster. They even stoop to ridiculous claims that cosmic radiation is more dangerous to our health than Fukushima.

Guess who else is also on the same scripted page?

UncleZook wrote:
With so much depleted Uranium being put out, the impact of Cesium-137 is being grossly overplayed. Not to mention that we are also being bombarded with cosmic and UV radiation every day ... with a whole sunscreen industry owing its origins to fearmongering.

UncleZook, have you no shame?!

That's a rhetorical question, as we all know sociopaths have no shame.

Zook continues his tactic of deceptive arguments. Humans evolved with cosmic radiation, and the level of cosmic radiation we are exposed to is fairly constant and very infrequent, so it represents no danger. The UV radiation that we are exposed to is non-ionizing radiation, completely different from what Fukushima delivers. Non-ionizing radiation typically has less than 33 eV of energy. Cs-137 from Fukushima is ionizing radiation with an energy rating of 660,000 eV. That's at least 20,000 times more energetic than non-ionizing radiation like UV light!

Unlike Cs-137, depleted uranium (U-238) is only slightly radioactive, decaying very slowly. That's why its half-life is so long (4,400,000,000 years), compared to Cs-137's 30 year half-life. Depleted uranium emits alpha particle radiation, the equivalent of a helium nucleus, which is relatively large and heavy and can't even penetrate human skin. That is why depleted uranium is only dangerous when it gets inside the body through consumption or breathing. Cs-137, on the other hand, emits beta particles, the equivalent of an electron, which is 8,000 smaller than an alpha particle. It does penetrate the skin and can go deep into your body, depending on its proximity and energy. Cs-137 is orders of magnitude more dangerous to human health than depleted uranium, and UV light doesn't even register on this scale. So Zook's dismissal of the danger from Cs-137 radiation is highly deceptive, even malevolent.

So not only is the mainstream media acting as a gatekeeper, delivering deceptive disinformation to the public, but so is UncleZook.

Shame on you, Zook. But I'm glad you keep doing it, because it provides us with a great learning tool that helps us recognize the behavioral characteristics of the sociopath.

Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:36 am
Site Admin

UncleZook wrote:
... with a whole sunscreen industry owing its origins to fearmongering.

You should be exposed for this deception as well. I've spent many days skiing under Colorado blue skies at 8 to 10 thousand feet, and I can tell you that without sunscreen, your exposed skin gets cooked. I've seen skin blister with second degree sunburn, and I even had a friend go blind for 24 hours when he chose to skip wearing sunglasses, in pursuit of a more even facial tan. He got a blistered lobster face as well, besides going temporarily blind. Colorado has one of the highest rates of skin cancer in the nation, and you can get sunburned with only 30 minutes of exposure here. I can tell you from long experience that sunscreen can protect your skin, and that's no fearmongering.

So even though UV light is low energy, non-ionizing radiation, it can still impact your health. And when it comes to the danger, it isn't even in the same ballpark as depleted uranium, which itself doesn't play in the same league as Cs-137.

So you're just deceiving people in order to manipulate them into thinking like you, Zook. And you surely remember what type of person behaves like that, right? Yep, sociopaths.

Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:07 pm
Site Admin

For another example of how sociopaths deceive others to get them to think like they do, watch this film on the Ruby Ridge incident. The authorities spin their lies via the mainstream media to justify their criminal actions, and they get away scot-free with murdering a boy and a woman. Then watch the sheriff proudly show off photos of all the celebrities he got to meet as a result of his notoriety, and listen to him state he sleeps just fine with the way things played out. No regret, no shame, no responsibility. Can you spot the sociopaths? It's not easy, but it is easier when you know what to look for.

The Ruby Ridge Massacre

Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:26 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
Hirose Takashi, journalist/former engineer: As we speak, radioactive material is seeping through Fukushima’s ground. It makes its way underground, reaches the ocean, to finally end up in the sky.

This kind of fact does not make the news, so everyone forgets about it. If that was talked about every day in the news, the Japanese population couldn’t ignore it. […] In my opinion mass media bear most of the responsibility for it. […] Incidents happen because mass media never take the problem seriously.

The problem with contamination is that we can only measure it within items surrounding us, in the soil, the ground. A lot of people today own a Geiger counter, but it can only report airborne particles, it only measures Gamma rays. In fact, when researching the radioactive content out from the reactors, and its dispersion, we do not find everything.

It was about 5,000ºC [~9,000ºF] inside the reactors. This was a temperature of colossal magnitude. The uranium and plutonium took on a gas form to escape. I can find all that based on my calculations, but none of this can be detected using a Geiger counter […]

No one even measures the strontium level. The strontium is the scariest of all. It penetrates and stays resident in bones, causing leukemia. This is particularly dangerous for the growth phase of children exposed today. -- source

Strontium-90, worse than Cs-137?! Radioactive strontium is readily incorporated into your body chemistry, the worst thing that can happen, because then the exposure to radioactivity is constant, intimate, and unavoidable.

Quote:
Strontium-90 is a "bone seeker" that exhibits biochemical behavior similar to calcium, the next lighter group 2 element.[7][3] After entering the organism, most often by ingestion with contaminated food or water, about 70–80% of the dose gets excreted.[2] Virtually all remaining strontium-90 is deposited in bones and bone marrow, with the remaining 1% remaining in blood and soft tissues.[2] Its presence in bones can cause bone cancer, cancer of nearby tissues, and leukemia. -- source

People don't realize that nuclear "accidents" like Fukushima put out a witches' brew of harmful or deadly radioactive elements. Nobody even talks about the plutonium, once considered the most lethal substance known to man. There are 20 different isotopes of plutonium alone, with Pu-239 and Pu-240 being among the most deadly.

Quote:
The half-life of plutonium-239 is 24,065 years. This half-life is short enough that 1 microgram of material will undergo more than 2000 decay events per second, but it is long enough to allow that microgram to decay at an approximately constant rate for thousands of years. If plutonium had uranium’s half-life of 4 billion years, there would be so few decays over the span of a human’s lifetime that the radiological toxicity of plutonium would be much less severe. However, that is not the case.

... discussions at the Chalk River Conferences in Ontario, Canada (1949 to 1953), led to further reductions in the plutonium standard, which was set at 0.65 microgram, or 0.04 microcurie, for a permissible life-time body burden. -- source

So one millionth of a gram of radioactive plutonium is already over the permissible life-time burden for a human being.

I also noticed this in the Los Alamos article:

Quote:
On average, the committed effective dose from the plutonium content of a person living in the northern hemisphere (due to nuclear bomb testing) is an insignificant 0.00006 sievert compared with the background radiation dose, which can be as high as 0.21 sievert.

That sounds reassuring, but it is misleading. Normal background radiation readings here in Colorado, at a mile above sea level up against the mountains, are consistently around 0.19 microsieverts, according to my radiation detector. If you convert the "insignificant compared to background radiation dose" 0.00006 sieverts to microsieverts, you get 60 microsieverts! That is 300 times higher than background radiation! I don't call that "insignificant", not by a long shot. Thanks for testing hundreds of nuclear weapons in the air (1945 - 1963), you sick sociopathic bastards!

Quote:
As of 1993, worldwide, 520 atmospheric nuclear explosions (including 8 underwater) have been conducted with a total yield of 545 Megaton (Mt). -- source

For comparison, the Hiroshima bomb was .015 Megatons, so that's the equivalent of 36,333 Hiroshima bombs exploded in the air, every one of them creating new radioactive elements for us to absorb from eating, drinking, breathing, or just standing still.
:face:

Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:59 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
There has been a massive die-off of marine life along the west coast of the US, which has scientists “baffled.” Do you mean to tell me that scientists studying this death of the Pacific haven’t taken into account the possibility that it could be caused by the hundreds of tons of nuclear waste that has been pouring into the Pacific each day for the last four years? So few dare to admit the extent of damage caused by this disaster or the fact that it is forcing us to face the possibility of our own extinction. What happens when the planet’s largest body of water is rendered lifeless on a planet made up mostly of water? What happens when the radiation accumulates in the atmosphere and is spread throughout the world by the jet stream? -- source

Many of those "baffling" die-offs have been reported right here in this thread. One I didn't bother to post recently, because there have been so many other examples that everyone seems to ignore, was this one:

Massive Die-Off: Bazillions of Tiny Crabs Cover California Beach In 'Sea of Red'

Eh, who cares about tiny red crabs dying en masse? We're still partying, so everything is hunky dory!

And that's exactly how they want us to react.

Quote:
Humanity has allowed itself to be ruled by a ruthless, psychopathic gang of parasites whose greed and insatiable lust for power knows no bounds. There really is no one to blame but ourselves. -- source

Wrong. We didn't "allow" ourselves to be ruled by "a ruthless, psychopathic gang of parasites". We were tricked into it. Those parasites fooled us. Not only that, but they took active steps to dumb us down, poison our minds and bodies, censor the reality of our situation, and distract us from seeing the magnitude and scope of their deceptions.

We're not "allowing" the sociopaths to destroy us. They are doing it as cunningly and quietly as they can. It's not that we can't handle the truth. It's that they can't handle us if we know the truth.

Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:49 am
Site Admin

Radiation? What radiation?

Quote:
Veterinary autopsies on 17 beached melon-headed whales retrieved at Hokota were done by a 30-member team of marine mammal experts with the Japan National Museum of Nature and Science, headquartered in Tokyo’s Ueno Park with research facilities at Tsukuba University. The initial findings include: extreme blood loss in the lungs, a condition described in medical terms as ischemia; no presence of cancer or infections; and a surprising lack of decay. The pure-white lung tissue, without a drop of blood content, had never been seen before by those veteran researchers.

Ischemia is a rare disorder in humans mostly concentrated in Central Europe following the Chernobyl nuclear disaster. The findings in the melon-headed whales is therefore disturbing to say the least for residents in the greater Fukushima disaster zone, which extends into parts of Tokyo. -- source

Baffling.

Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:01 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
Pacific coast sardines are facing a population collapse so severe [that fishing] will be shut down… [The] downward spiral in spite of favorable water conditions has ocean-watchers worried there’s more to this collapse than cyclical population trends. “There are a lot of weird things happening out there, and we’re not quite sure why they aren’t responding the way they should,” said Kevin Hill, a NOAA Fisheries biologist… Fishery managers are adding it to a list of baffling circumstances off the West Coast… NOAA surveys indicate very few juvenile fish made it through their first year. “The population isn’t replacing itself,” Hill said.

The collapse this year is the latest in a series of alarming die-offs, sicknesses and population declines in the ocean ecosystem along the West Coast. Anchovies… have also declined [due to] a lack of zooplankton… Record numbers of starving sea lions… Brown pelicans, too, have suffered from mass reproductive failures and are turning up sick and dead… Strange diseases have also been proliferating in the sea… -- source

It's all so baffling! :face:

Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:33 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
I was relating some information from ENEnews to a close family member and he got very angry at me. He felt that I was trying to entangle him in the same negative frame of mind that I have. He felt that the world is run by criminals and the earth as we know it is being destroyed but there is nothing anyone can do about it. He said I should concentrate on the beauty that still remains and continue in a positive direction. Don't bring everyone down with facts and figures, take action to be positive rather than negative. He said that I feel that I am superior to those that either don't know whats happening or those that know and don't care. He said that I feel that "if everyone would be, do, and think like me, all problems would be solved." This was a slap in the face for me and an eye opener. I chose at this point not to try and defend myself and let it go. I looked up at the sky and it was full of those unexplainable white lines. There's those who aren't aware or don't care, and those that know but refuse to even talk about it, and a very few who know and feel there is hope if action is taken. I feel the noose tightening around my neck daily and I am powerless. -- source (comment from "curly")

We are not helpless. There is very little we can do, so let's do it! We don't have to do much to have an impact, but we do have to do something to change the path that humanity is on, which is one of mass extinction. Burying our heads in the sand, ignoring the problems, and subscribing to the prevalent philosophy that "ignorance is bliss" just gives the ruling sociopaths a free hand at killing us off. We need to expose them and their plans! Talk about it, communicate, share! A meme is a powerful force that can change entire societies. The meme we need to spread is that a minority of psychological deviants is leading the vast majority to ruin. Our survival rests in identifying these crafty predators and disqualifying them from positions of power and control over others. Memes succeed when they are simple and catchy, when they "go viral". Any of us can help that happen by doing our small part. So you see, you are not helpless. Your voice counts, and what you say can be very important. Speak up, even when your audience gets angry. Ignorance is killing us all. Even the angry person wants to survive. He just doesn't realize that you are working in his best interests.

Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:03 pm
Site Admin

The list of "baffling" die-offs just won't quit.

Quote:
Many other instances of mass die-offs and disease have occurred along North America’s Pacific coast since 2011 — for example: whales, orcas, dolphins, sea lions, seals, polar bears, walruses, sea birds, owls, pelicans, turtles, crabs, sea urchins, oysters, scallops, abalone, sardines, anchovies, salmon, herring, jellyfish, sea salps, coral, krill, plankton and more.

Every one of those creatures listed has a link back to the source articles in the quoted document. Note also that all die-offs have occurred since 2011. Fukushima started pumping out poisonous radiation on March 11, 2011 and has done so continuously ever since. As far as anyone can tell, it won't stop releasing radiation and radioactive particles for many generations, if such a thing as generations continues to exist. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that humanity's die-off is coming soon. After all, all living things on this planet are connected.

Quote:
Dr. Janette D. Sherman, MD, Apr 17, 2015: I was hired by the Atomic Energy Commission as a radiological monitor at the “Rad Lab,” University of California in Berkeley… While working at the university “Rad Lab,” I was offered a research job at the U.S. Naval Radiological Defense Laboratory… Chernobyl, which melted down in 1986, is still leaking and the sarcophagus being built to cover it is not finished. But the most critical site is Fukushima – so radioactive and unstable that it may never be contained… four years after the Fukushima nuclear plant meltdown, radioactive materials continue to flow into the air and ocean. Given that it takes 10 half-lives for an isotope to completely decay, for sr-90 and cs-137, that will be nearly three centuries… in one lifetime our world has become a massive dumping ground – toxic in various ways to all life. -- source

Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:51 am
Site Admin

Quote:
Fukushima: Dispossession or Denuclearization?, M. Nadesan, A. Boys, A. McKillop, R. Wilcox

This is not a typical book on nuclear power, energy research, or social science. The editors have put together a strongly worded treatise on the fallout (atmospheric, political, social and economic) from the Fukushima nuclear power plant disaster as a clarion call to turn away from nuclear energy not only in Japan but worldwide. This is a rather difficult and complex undertaking, since nuclear energy is shrouded in secrecy (though arguably it could not survive without subsidies and hidden externalities). Thus, this book has a clear agenda. Any proceeds from its sales are being donated to the Fukushima Collective Evacuation Trial Team. This team of lawyers is fighting in Japanese courts to have children in Koriyama City (badly contaminated with radiation after the accident) evacuated to safe areas at government expense.

According to the Preface, the purpose of this book is to explore the role of nuclear power in dispossessing citizens of their rights and health. The Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant disaster of March 11, 2011 is used as a detailed case study. The book aims to critique and transcend the conventional nuclear energy paradigm in the process. Thus, any reader should be forewarned of the strong anti-nuclear bias of this volume. -- source

Thus, any reader of this forum should be forewarned of the strong pro-truth bias of the posts here!

I can't believe what I'm reading. Do we need to be chastised for delving into the obvious dangers of the greatest threat to human survival ever constructed by humanity? Is our desire to live in optimal health and harmony with other life on this planet to be discredited as "a clear agenda" and an "anti-nuclear bias"? Must we now confess to an "anti-vacuum bias" because we all desire to live in a breathable atmosphere?

Was this book review written with a nod to the ruling sociopaths?

Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next