Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
Fukushima Cesium-137 is 85 times greater than at Chernobyl 

Post Fukushima Cesium-137 is 85 times greater than at Chernobyl
[*Ed: This page was updated on 4/5/12 to reflect corrected calculations]
Japan’s former Ambassador to Switzerland, Mr. Mitsuhei Murata, was invited to speak at the Public Hearing of the Budgetary Committee of the House of Councilors on March 22, 2012, on the Fukushima nuclear power plants accident. Before the Committee, Ambassador Murata strongly stated that if the crippled building of reactor unit 4—with 1,535 fuel rods in the spent fuel pool 100 feet (30 meters) above the ground—collapses, not only will it cause a shutdown of all six reactors but will also affect the common spent fuel pool containing 6,375 fuel rods, located some 50 meters from reactor 4. In both cases the radioactive rods are not protected by a containment vessel; dangerously, they are open to the air. This would certainly cause a global catastrophe like we have never before experienced. He stressed that the responsibility of Japan to the rest of the world is immeasurable. Such a catastrophe would affect us all for centuries. Ambassador Murata informed us that the total numbers of the spent fuel rods at the Fukushima Daiichi site excluding the rods in the pressure vessel is 11,421 (396+615+566+1,535+994+940+6375).
I asked top spent-fuel pools expert Mr. Robert Alvarez, former Senior Policy Adviser to the Secretary and Deputy Assistant Secretary for National Security and the Environment at the U.S. Department of Energy, for an explanation of the potential impact of the 11,421 rods.
I received an astounding response from Mr. Alvarez [updated 4/5/12]:

http://akiomatsumura.com/2012/04/682.html

Here's a quote from Edgar Cayce:

“There will be a shifting of the poles. There will be upheavals in the Arctic and the Antarctic that will make fotr the eruption of volcanos in the Torrid areas... The upper portion of Europe will be changed in the blink of an eye. The earth will be broken up in the western portion of America. The greater portion of Japan must go into the sea.”
― Edgar Cayce
http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/ ... dgar_Cayce

Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:04 pm

Post Re: Fukushima Cesium-137 is 85 times greater than at Cherno
The Greatest Single Threat to Humanity: Fuel Pool Number 4

:shock: :? :shock:

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2012/04/ ... shima.html

Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:11 pm

This is really frightening.
(the ad that comes on first is ironic, content from Rachel Maddow in video)
Glad to see it on MSM.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/vp/46981461#46981461

Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:59 am

Fukushima will start burning radioactive waste — 100,000 Bq/kg to be incinerated — 1 billion pounds of debris in exclusion zone -Mainichi

http://enenews.com/just-in-fukushima-wi ... e-mainichi

Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:51 pm

The GOP’s nuke-dump donor
Harold Simmons has given the most money to Republicans this election. Could his nuclear-waste dump be the reason?

http://www.reddit.com/tb/rxk8q

Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:03 pm

I know I shouldn't, but I tend to put Fukushima "out of mind" it can be just to overwhelming to think about.

Saying that, my last trip to the US last year took me first to a small private airport in Florida where I witnessed someone checking all the aircraft for radiation with a handheld Geiger Counter!

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Last edited by andywight on Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:08 pm

Thanks for the info.
Just amazing the dependence on Nuclear energy with its high Death capabilities.

Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:38 pm

andywight wrote:
I know I shouldn't, but I tend to put Fukushima "out of mind" it can be just be to overwhelming to think about.

Saying that, my last trip to the US last year took me first to a small private airport in Floriada where I witnessed someone checking all the aircraft for radiation with a handheld Geiger Counter!

I think many are putting it out of mind. But it's very real and happening right now.
It scares me.
With all the petty squabbling going on, it puts things in perspective.
Denial and distraction are common place.

Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:42 pm

This is also very worrying!

The reality of France's aggressive nuclear power push

"It's time to look to the French," New York Times columnist Roger Cohen wrote in January. "They've got their heads in the right place, with nuclear power enjoying a 70 percent approval rating." Similarly, presumptive Republican presidential candidate John McCain has wondered, "If France can produce 80 percent of its electricity with nuclear power, why can't we?" Even Southern Republicans are becoming Francophiles, with Georgia State Rep. Amos Amerson, chairman of the Georgia House Science and Technology Committee, asking how the French system might help the United States in its "efforts to obtain cleaner, cheaper, more stable energy." [read more...]

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:23 pm

magamud wrote:
Thanks for the info.
Just amazing the dependence on Nuclear energy with its high Death capabilities.

Your point brings up a very interesting quality people have. I call it the "Hot tub" syndrome. When a hot tub is constructed it necessarily involves electricity near water. Now, sure we do all kinds of things to make this safe but essentially you are putting a powerful electric source near a water source when you have a hot tub.

Nuclear power is useful and people are taught to forget that causing a nuclear reaction is essentially unstable. You are trying to control a mutation...thats really what a nuclear transmutation is....and its easy to forget that. If people thought about it they would at least not be so dismissive of the potential danger involved.

The thing is: just like when you combine an electric source near water you can do all kinds of fantastic things, to a scientific mind a nuclear reaction that gives off energy is a thing of beauty, elegance and convenience. Ahh the simple decay of elements giving off energy as they change form... God's design on tap.

The thinking is seductive. Truthfully? if we were a little more responsible we could probably use nuclear energy with little to no problems....but we are not and we see the results.

Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 212 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next