Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Suspension poll - UncleZook 

UncleZook should be suspended (third time -- two week suspension).
Yes 100%  100%  [ 3 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Suspension poll - UncleZook 
Site Admin

Post Suspension poll - UncleZook
This is a poll to consider the question of suspending UncleZook. As he has been suspended once already from United People, this suspension would be for one week. Since we have four voting members, three "Yes" votes are sufficient for suspension.

The poll ends in 24 hours. You can change your vote at any time during those 24 hours.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:32 am

Post Re: Suspension poll - UncleZook
An important dynamic in corrupted politics is the lobbyist and backdoor dealings. These conversations are never heard out in the open and are the driving force behind policy making. The actual congressional open forums are just theatre to position pieces for a chess match. Another reason as to why secrecy is dangerous and bachkchanneling so destructive. But somehow this has become second nature and just the way things are done. It's a farce and a slap in the face to truth. It allows for the justification of multiple positions which in a sense is Politics. This chicken shit behavior is guised in wise position and objective observance. I call it double speak or talking out of both sides of you neck.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:10 pm

This is a poll to consider the question of suspending UncleZook. As he has been suspended once already from United People, this suspension would be for one week. Since we have four voting members, three "Yes" votes are sufficient for suspension.

The poll ends in 24 hours. You can change your vote at any time during those 24 hours.

:jest:

When I - a member in good standing - officially declared that this forum had failed (in the "my task here is finished" thread) ... I didn't realize how prescient my declaration was. United People has not only failed, but its failure has revealed just how common and unoriginal it was in its second inception.

There is nothing unique about this forum.

It has a hierarchy: 4 potentates that can vote out any of the 50+ members, on a whim or a turbulent wind (here, yours truly is a potentate in name only; but that is about to change as I prepare to exercise my vote for the first and only time, soon after I finish writing this post).

It has an autocratic body: 2 control freaks (King Chico and Bishop Andy) who ultimately decide which content is to be allowed and which content is to be censored (by mob proxy wherein unpopular ideas are berated mercilessly and the messenger is eventually subjected to mob mugging).

It has its theatrical arts ... with part-time control freak, perpetual victim and prima drumming drama queen, Mags, calling for the roundup and suspension of avuncular poets in the kingdom each time his monthly cycle of passive-aggressive behavior waxes into the peak.

It has its theatrical critics ... a triumvirate of star-making sciolists looking down upon the performances on the United Peepian stage - from the mezzanine - and declaring what is good enough to be rescued from the melange ... and what is to be discarded in the janitorial sweeps.

... etc. etc. ... you don't have to be a polar bear in the modern century to get the drift.

But perhaps the most common and unoriginal aspect of United People ... is its championship of hidden censorship ... made even more striking by the founder's near-absolute claim of freedom of speech, and even louder call of it. When the claim and the practice are as much alienated as they are here at United People, what we are left with is the surreal psychotic state of rule by exceptions. For instance, where the alleged rule is near-absolute freedom of speech, the alleged exception is censorship, and the actual practice is censorship.

Censorship at United People has many subtle forms; pollution censorship (e.g. the noise overwhelms the signal such that the latter is barely perceptible if at all); personality censorship (e.g. the membership is divided into the chosen and the chastised, and privileges are accorded to the chosen members such as the uninterrupted ability to attack the messenger, whereas if a chastised member tried the same, that ability is put under Inquisition and jeered from the mezzanine menage-a-trois with utmost contempt); censorship by outright banning (e.g. Chico the owner, the autocrat, the pharaoh of the United People pyramid ... and the arbiter of its pulse ... has already banned a sizeable chunk of the membership for a variety of reasons, and most notably in the reconstitution of United people from UP1 to UP2 ... unilateral, unapologetic, final arbitration ... all hail the chief!!).

And now, the Sword of Damocles that has hung over free speech in this community ever since its inception - but which has largely remained invisible - will once again be dropped on the avuncular guy, the sole remaining genuine truthseeker left on the forum. Mind you, the avuncular guy is hard to kill. He has already been banned once - during UP1 - after Chico reset the poll numbers that favored not banning me. He then banned at least one member that had likely supported me (e.g. TH); he allowed the screech owl and her sockpuppets to creep in and bolster the new poll numbers; and he gave me free tickets to the backdoor of his house, not to mention a week's fuel for the lawnmower that I was to use while cleaning up the overgrowth in the backyard. He must have freaked out when I didn't return in a week ... for his forum was in the last lean days of existence by then, e.g. after the screech owl had ravaged it. He was so grateful for my return that he even made me a charter member of the mezzanine gallery in the reconstitution, without my input or consent. But hey, I have that effect on people. They tend to miss me when I'm gone. I know I miss me when I'm gone. Oops ... there's my narcissism showing again ... bad Zook! Bad!

Pax

ps: Sweet irony ... is that even in this second poll to ban me, the existing poll numbers have to be reset again for there ain't enough in the bank for more than a burp.

ps2: So let me help you guys out ... I, myself, will vote to ban me.

ps3: Let it be known in parts far and wide, that Zook was finally killed off by the censoring, controlling, chosen, chastising ziggurath of the common United People pyramid. As a member of the privileged ziggurath, Zook himself was obliged to vote in favor of his excommunication ... else he risked the possibility of being retained on a 2-1 vote against him.

:jest: :jest: :jest: :jest: :jest:

[Unit 22 to headquarters ... come in ... over. Hi Chief, we've located a mob of renegade jesters on Common and Mundane ... should we bring them in? Over.]

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:45 pm

Zook you are reaping all of your bullshit! Your analysis and words are hollow due to your very poor credibility. Perhaps getting off your high horse could be a start for you? Wash out, fast, take a break, a vacation, a reflection. And come back delegating some respect to the members here. This would be an exercise in equality, the first steps to planar understanding. I dont think you will be able to do this. You are to narcissistic, competitive and suffer from some sort of pathology. Take a good hard look at yourself. Seek some council and ask why you have these anti social behaviors. Good luck...

P.S. You voluntarily banning yourself in some instances would be a compliment to insight, but I dont think this is the case here. It's just a move to place blame on something else.
A good place to start again would be to try and use this board to know the difference between knowledge and Wisdom.

Peace be with you...

Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:12 pm
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
An important dynamic in corrupted politics is the lobbyist and backdoor dealings. These conversations are never heard out in the open and are the driving force behind policy making. The actual congressional open forums are just theatre to position pieces for a chess match. Another reason as to why secrecy is dangerous and bachkchanneling so destructive. But somehow this has become second nature and just the way things are done. It's a farce and a slap in the face to truth. It allows for the justification of multiple positions which in a sense is Politics. This chicken shit behavior is guised in wise position and objective observance. I call it double speak or talking out of both sides of you neck.

I agree 100%. I am delighted that I am not the only one that sees this destructive state of affairs.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:42 pm
Site Admin

UncleZook wrote:
There is nothing unique about this forum.

Yes, there is -- our tolerance of your gatekeeping and malicious posts, which you yourself would not tolerate in any forum you have ever moderated.

UncleZook wrote:
It has a hierarchy

Yes it does, just as the body has a minimum level of hierarchy necessary to function. Read the home page at united-people.tk, if you still don't get it. There are two levels of hierarchy in the body -- cells, and organs composed of specialized cells. There are two levels of hierarchy at United People -- members, and voters composed of specialized members. And you are one of them, dufus.

UncleZook wrote:
It has an autocratic body: 2 control freaks (King Chico and Bishop Andy) who ultimately decide which content is to be allowed and which content is to be censored (by mob proxy wherein unpopular ideas are berated mercilessly and the messenger is eventually subjected to mob mugging).

That is not censorship. No post has ever been censored here. Show me another forum that can honestly say that. What you just described as censorship is the responsibility that comes with free speech. If you spew BS as free speech, your listeners will react with free speech. You will get the feedback you merit.

UncleZook wrote:
It has its theatrical arts ...

That would be you, UncleDufus. You give us nothing but gatekeeping disguised as theatrics. It appears members are tired of it, and they have a message for you.

UncleZook wrote:
But perhaps the most common and unoriginal aspect of United People ... is its championship of hidden censorship ... made even more striking by the founder's near-absolute claim of freedom of speech, and even louder call of it.

You don't have a leg to stand on, UncleKook. You agreed to our current structure of decision-making. Now eat your words, like a man of integrity, if you can.

UncleZook wrote:
ps: Sweet irony ... is that even in this second poll to ban me, the existing poll numbers have to be reset again for there ain't enough in the bank for more than a burp.

More theatrics, UncleGateKeep. It's a new poll, based on our new construct, which you approved. And you are being suspended for one week, not banned. You will be back, in your gatekeeping capacity, and I have little doubt that there will be a third suspension, after which you will orchestrate a fourth and final permanent suspension, which will indeed be a ban. You will have to work very hard to get there, but you have demonstrated that you are up to the challenge. Bravo.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:12 pm
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
Zook you are reaping all of your bullshit! Your analysis and words are hollow due to your very poor credibility. Perhaps getting off your high horse could be a start for you? Wash out, fast, take a break, a vacation, a reflection. And come back delegating some respect to the members here. This would be an exercise in equality, the first steps to planar understanding. I dont think you will be able to do this. You are to narcissistic, competitive and suffer from some sort of pathology. Take a good hard look at yourself. Seek some council and ask why you have these anti social behaviors. Good luck...

P.S. You voluntarily banning yourself in some instances would be a compliment to insight, but I dont think this is the case here. It's just a move to place blame on something else.
A good place to start again would be to try and use this board to know the difference between knowledge and Wisdom.

Peace be with you...

I bow to your restraint and wisdom here, Mags. I will try to improve my efforts to live up to the fine example you set here with this post.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:22 pm
Site Admin

UncleZook wrote:
And now, the Sword of Damocles that has hung over free speech in this community ever since its inception - but which has largely remained invisible - will once again be dropped on the avuncular guy, the sole remaining genuine truthseeker left on the forum. Mind you, the avuncular guy is hard to kill. He has already been banned once - during UP1 - after Chico reset the poll numbers that favored not banning me. He then banned at least one member that had likely supported me (e.g. TH); he allowed the screech owl and her sockpuppets to creep in and bolster the new poll numbers; and he gave me free tickets to the backdoor of his house, not to mention a week's fuel for the lawnmower that I was to use while cleaning up the overgrowth in the backyard. He must have freaked out when I didn't return in a week ... for his forum was in the last lean days of existence by then, e.g. after the screech owl had ravaged it. He was so grateful for my return that he even made me a charter member of the mezzanine gallery in the reconstitution, without my input or consent. But hey, I have that effect on people. They tend to miss me when I'm gone. I know I miss me when I'm gone. Oops ... there's my narcissism showing again ... bad Zook! Bad!

The lies are so thick here that I didn't even want to respond, but I should, and I will.

UncleZook wrote:
Chico reset the poll numbers that favored not banning me.

I cannot change any of the poll numbers. I can only restart the polls (which zeros them) in the event anyone suspects any problem with them. The worst restarting the polls can do is delay more accurate results. When your suspension poll was zeroed, so were the other suspension polls for Mags, Andy, and me. You were treated no differently than anyone else.

UncleZook wrote:
He then banned at least one member that had likely supported me (e.g. TH)

Complete lie. TH asked to be removed from the forum.

UncleZook wrote:
he allowed the screech owl and her sockpuppets to creep in and bolster the new poll numbers

I allowed new members to join through a completely automated process. Need I remind you that you confirmed that yourself? No one knew about the deceptive sockpuppets GW was using, not you and not even me.

UncleZook wrote:
he gave me free tickets to the backdoor of his house, not to mention a week's fuel for the lawnmower that I was to use while cleaning up the overgrowth in the backyard.

Total fabrication. I don't even know what you are talking about. Bad acid trip, perhaps? Or did you just need another lie to make your list longer?

UncleZook wrote:
He was so grateful for my return that he even made me a charter member of the mezzanine gallery in the reconstitution, without my input or consent.

You qualified for special voting rights based on seniority and number of posts, just like everyone else in that category. It had nothing to do with me being grateful, or your prior behavioral problems.

UncleZook wrote:
Oops ... there's my narcissism showing again ...

There's no hiding that, try as you might. You've been fully exposed there.

UncleZook wrote:
Pax

Even that's a lie.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:35 pm

I think Chico and mags have covered everything already that needs to said about UncleZook's second suspension, so I'll wait to see what he posts on his return before giving my comments.

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:00 am
Site Admin

By unanimous vote of the four senior members, UncleZook has been suspended from United People for seven days.

I had an enjoyable hour-long Skype chat with Zook again tonight, and Zook indicated to me that he is thinking of abandoning United People to concentrate on audio blogging and Skype interviews. I suspected that he might be feeling that "sucker punched" sensation I always had when banned, so I mentioned that Andy had said to me in a Skype call earlier today how Andy would really like to see Zook contribute to the forum. Yes, Andy said that. I had immediately agreed with Andy's sentiment, because I know Zook can bring value to any forum. He has brought value to this forum, though his methods need some adjustment, and the value he brings is often not the value he intends to bring. At the end of the call, I reminded Zook that his suspension is only for 7 days, and he is welcome back in the forum after that time. But I added if he decides not to return, I will respect his decision.

Unlike other forums, our purpose here is not to silence dissenters. Our purpose is to improve how forums work, and to find a way to allow members to run the forum themselves. Free speech is not discouraged, but manipulation via deception is. Sociopaths may rule the world for the moment, as well as a number of other forums (like Avalon), but not this one. Not if we can help it.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next