Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
If at first you don't succeed... 

Post Re: If at first you don't succeed...
Chico or anyone else, can you stop Puppets?

Last edited by magamud on Fri May 04, 2012 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 04, 2012 9:53 pm

Lee wrote:
Who me?

No.

Then he has succeeded in distracting you from the fact that he has all power.

What do magicians call it - MISDIRECTION.

Rather than dealing with the new dictatorial rules he has initiated,

he is starting the appeasement "work with me, help me" stuff.

All BS.

At least at other forums there was a mod team to at least discuss if someone

should be suspended or banned.

You do realize that this is now his sole decision, and he has already done it.

Who have you banned today Chico?

Don't we deserve at least to be told, or is this worse than the back channel intrigue you were always so presumably against.

Fri May 04, 2012 9:59 pm
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
Can you stop Puppets?

If that's a question for me, Mags, the answer is no when it comes to forum registration. I'm looking for a solution to prevent sockpuppets with respect to voting in polls, which can have much stricter requirements than simply joining the forum. Obviously, we may have to have stricter requirements for joining the forum as well, but I am focusing on the voting for now, as it is more important.

Fri May 04, 2012 10:05 pm

Mags,

I don't think they can be stopped entirely.

But they can be minimised, and perhaps the level of intelligence found in this membership will route out the rest.

Canzirka, I agree, but if there is a way I will look at it and yes, it's not looking good.

Chico, Please tell who you have banned. We need all information to move forward. If you are happily banning away in the back room, it's probably over.

Fri May 04, 2012 10:09 pm
Site Admin

Canzirka wrote:
Who have you banned today Chico?

Well, to be honest, the day is not over yet, and you and a number of other members have been both highly disrespectful and disruptive recently. But here are the accounts that I have suspended so far today based on the reasons I listed in the "Returned to duty" thread:

A Nony Mouse
Céline (but not celine)
King Art2
Northern Boy
Oh Yeah!
raggin
wassupdoc
WeirdOwl
Zook_test_sockpuppet
NinjaNun

Fri May 04, 2012 10:22 pm

Can you break that down into the known sock puppets and people you just don't like please..

For example, I take it Northern Boy isn't a sock puppet.

Fri May 04, 2012 10:35 pm

No matter how hard you try to "minimize" puppets in your guarded areas, a sophisticated counter program could take advantage of your supposed safety measures.

Personally Chic, I would have stuck with the model with no Administrator. Then it would have been about Attrition!

Fri May 04, 2012 11:05 pm

The main reason I supported you at Nexus and you here at UP is that I loved your ideas about self-moderation and a forum operated by the members. What a refreshing concept after all the dictators, manipulators, liar, Con artists, deceivers, ego centric judgemental moderators we all have to deal with on the OTHER forums.

This forum was going to be something different. A forum with no direct leader but run by consenses or was it? Or is it possible this was going to be some kind of social experiement, lab rats to be observed.

What was the real motivation behind UNITED PEOPLE. It turned out that you wanted the role of leader but as we are finding out the difference between a leader and a dominator is that a dominator will enforce Dominance in order to gain control over a RESOURCE.

The problem with dominance is instead of taking control of a situation they think that you always have to “win” in order to stay “dominant" but a leader dose not have absolute control over everything their followers do, they share the power rather than have power over.

Your absolute and endless obsession with psychopaths shows cracks in this agenda. And I ask myself are all psychopaths motivated by evil? No I do not think so,. Psychopths are driven by desire to relieve boredom, pleasure, need for excitement, frustration, lust, curiosity and so on. A person may do something cruel with utter callousness simply because it is interesting to watch the result. An experiment, if you will.

A psychopath does not have compassionate sympathy and empathy. They are incapable of possessing it. This explains why you have not shown compassion to the members and pushed on mercilessly with your agenda regardless of the sometimes crude, rude, disrespectful and bad behavior by some of the members toward other members. This behavior then spread like wild fire.

Chico, you were the one to entice Gypsy Woman here to use her. To extract juicy gossip and spill the beans on Neuxs and Avalon so you could add fuel to your agenda. When she was of no more use you tossed her without remorse or guilt and a complete failure to accept responsibility for your own action and blaming Gypsy woman.

"All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

Now comes the banning of anyone who will stand up to you and tell you a few truths. You now have become the dictator, along with King Richard, Bill Ryan and the others. But good people are standing up for their right to have free speech, polls, requests. And you ban them for that right. If you had just given some compassion and kindess to GW when she asked a very simple request to remove some personal info you we would not be at this point.

Why, because you cannot show compassion. We are your entertainment and social experiment.

It is time to ask yourself these questions and take a long hard look in the mirror, mirror.

Do you ever get the overwhelming urge to run your own country? Do you ever feel that everyone else is a fool and only you, and you alone, know what is good for the world? Ever feel the need to erect lots of statues of yourself?

REMEMBER - Absolute power, corrupts absolutely. And you want that power! You want to control absolutely everything! When you get into an argument or debate you see it a little differently from normal people. Most people recognise that whoever they’re arguing with has a different point of view from themselves. Not you. When someone disagrees with you they’re not just expressing their point of view, they’re sowing the seeds of sedition, they’re undermining civil stability and spreading enemy propaganda, they’re practically begging to be taken out behind the chemical sheds and shot. Dictatorship here you come.

REMEMBER - Every good dictator needs their own set of groupies. Hitler had his brown shirts, and then the SS. Mussolini had his black shirts. Saddam had the Republican Guard. Seems it just feels nice to be surrounded by people who like you, people who are dedicated to you, people who would kill and die for you. So, if you ever start feeling the need to surround yourself with a large group of very violent people, preferably all wearing the same colour shirts or sporting large 80′s aviator sun glasses (even when they’re inside) or waxed moustaches, then you’re in danger of becoming a dictator.

REMEMBER - It’s a well known fact that dictators are pretty darn eccentric and don’t feel bad about imposing their little oddities upon their loyal subjects. Chico, I hope you do not have a large photo of yourself on your longue room wall.

Last edited by loveandgratitude on Sat May 05, 2012 2:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat May 05, 2012 2:17 am
Site Admin

Lee wrote:
Can you break that down into the known sock puppets and people you just don't like please.

I see you haven't been keeping up. I have to admit, over the past few days, I haven't been able to either.

All of them are known or suspected sockpuppets, except Northern Boy. I don't know any of the people behind these accounts, so none of them are people I don't like.

Sat May 05, 2012 2:22 am

Canzirka wrote:
Do you think it is OK that he can ban and suspend at will? He banned Gypsy today.

Sorry, there is no other functioning system in place. GW destroyed the one we were using.

no you did!

Though its nice you and Zook are kissing cousins again....Sparticus :lol: :lol:

Sat May 05, 2012 2:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next