Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Awww Hell 

Post Awww Hell
I went to bed late last night with hopes that everyone would settle down and think things through and possible some compromises would be made. I stayed away most of the day just in case of possible shit flinging. Now, I'm back and I see nothing has been resolved.

Chico, I am astounded at some of your statements. I have been behind the scenes at forums before (not Vbulletin) and I find I find it highly unlikely that the solution is as difficult as you have described. My forum experience was specifically phpBB and quite frankly I find your statements bordering on falsehoods.

If you do not understand the need for privacy I will give you a specific example from my own personal experience. I was a regular member of a forum elsewhere and had listed the state that I lived in but nothing more general than that. A new member joined and became obsessed with me and just happened to live in the same state. This person harassed me to the point that the site owner became concerned for me. I had done nothing to encourage this person other than live in the same state.

If you feel safe publishing your information, please feel free. As for me, my name and photo will remain undisclosed. You think the info is all already out there? Sure, but there is no reason to tempt fate.

So, Chico remember this. Some whack job comes on here and gets obsessed with someone and finds out just enough info to track that person down? You get to stand there and say "the poll wasn't fair and there were sock puppets" and whatever other excuses you want to think of while somebody's life may just be on the line. That goes for you too, Andy the next time you decide to bend the meaning of 'personal information'.

So do what you wish Chico. I'm done with your excuses.

Stormborn

Wed May 02, 2012 11:35 pm

Post Re: Awww Hell
Same ole song and dance....

Wed May 02, 2012 11:37 pm

Having run several forums, ----->Simple machines, phpBB, vBulleting, etc etc etc, Chicopoopoo is full of it. Or he really hasn't found all the admin capabilities and that would make him impressively naive.

Wed May 02, 2012 11:46 pm

magamud wrote:

Then put up your real name and real pic mags. Don't tell me same ole song and dance if you aren't willing to tango. Put your money where your mouth is if you feel so safe.

Stormborn

Thu May 03, 2012 12:00 am

Hi Stormborn,

Magamud already disclosed who he is. He makes up part of a rock band (drummer I think). The info is in another thread.

The problem with that is, if he is deemed by his forum peers to be somewhat of an idiot, this will reflect on his band as good old Googlebot follows links and keywords and names, so if a fan Googles the name of his band, they could end up here!

On other forums I have left links to my website, but I am a single person a single entity if you like, so if I crash and burn, it's my fault and the buck stops here.

I think people need to think twice before posting 'outside' information because Mr. Googlebot is very good at what he does.

Best regards.

Stormborn wrote:
magamud wrote:

Then put up your real name and real pic mags. Don't tell me same ole song and dance if you aren't willing to tango. Put your money where your mouth is if you feel so safe.

Stormborn

Thu May 03, 2012 7:50 am

Thanks for the info Grumple....

Thu May 03, 2012 2:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]