Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Resolution of Private Information being Posted 

Post Resolution of Private Information being Posted
Hi All,

Sorry to write up another thread, but I'm getting lost here trying to keep up. And frankly I don't have the time. And I'm hungry.

Let's keep this thread for finding a resolution to the privacy issue, once and for all and quickly, with no bitching. Keep replies short and to the point. Say what you want the outcome to be.

I've been out all day; been to the dentist, had X-Rays done, had a haircut, put a filing cabinet together, baked a cake, fixed a fence, milked a cow, fended off telemarketers (OK, kidding, but I did most of those things), and you are all STILL bitching?

I don't have the time to scroll through everything. I've voted on one poll I've found. If there is another, let me know.

Look, here's the thing people. Gypsy could be any one of us. Put GW out of your mind for a moment. It is a question of personal information on the net. Pure and simple.

It could be me who has an unusual name. It could be me that is destitute and trying to find work (been there in real life folks), it could be me who had no control who bandied my personal details around, it could be me who is vainly fighting to put things to right. If we don't stand up for each other, we're all fucked.

For Christ's sake Chico, at the end of the day you are the administrator. You have been told by the members here to do the right thing. You have not done so yet.

We could go around in circles for days and to what end? Nothing.

Chico, the members have spoken. Do the right thing and delete the shit. Otherwise there will be no forum.

I am a member on Nexus, The One Truth and UP. I feel most happy here and haven't been posting anywhere else. I would like that to continue.

My only projected outcome for this thread is for personal information to be deleted asap. No arguments, no bitching.

Just do it. Yay or Nay?

Lily

Wed May 02, 2012 9:03 am

Post Re: Resolution of Private Information being Posted
Lily....we have been at it with Chico and he is stalling the issue with procedural arguments.

He is holding this up with every stall tactic he can.

He doesn't seem to think there is a consensus on this matter and will

not deal with it until he finds a Polling solution to HIS liking.

So, if you can talk some common sense into him, please do because he isn't listening to anyone else.

He has put out some "appeasement" type posts.....but making this out to be a very complicated issue with

massive long term implications.

Wed May 02, 2012 9:44 am

I agree...

Delete the personal information.

Lee

Wed May 02, 2012 10:38 am
Site Admin

If a super-majority of the members want information in other people's posts censored, don't you think they should be specific as to exactly what needs to be censored?

Given that censorship is a tyrannical action, shouldn't they also be on record as having authorized such a specific action and give specific reasons why they felt the specific information had to be censored?

Shouldn't the original author of the censored post be punished in some manner for his crime of free speech?

I don't believe you people have really thought this through. I am seeing knee-jerk reactions from brainwashed minds.

Wed May 02, 2012 5:49 pm

If a super-majority of the members want information in other people's posts censored, don't you think they should be specific as to exactly what needs to be censored?

Given that censorship is a tyrannical action, shouldn't they also be on record as having authorized such a specific action and give specific reasons why they felt the specific information had to be censored?

Shouldn't the original author of the censored post be punished in some manner for his crime of free speech?

I don't believe you people have really thought this through. I am seeing knee-jerk reactions from brainwashed minds.

I'm sure you've thought about it and have something in mind.

Do you have a summary of your thoughts that could share with us?

Wed May 02, 2012 6:02 pm

I don't agree with the general principle of letting mischief go unpunished, but there are two arguments I will make now to make an exception in the case of GW ...and to scrub all her private information from UP.

One, the members here have overwhelmingly voted to protect privacy over other interests ... as a striving planar self-moderating forum, the moderating structure here is then obliged to respect the community decision. Please remove any references in my own posts (and in all other posts that you are aware of) ... to Gypsy Woman's personal info - including that which she may have initially posted herself in an unwise move to protect her own interests. That includes references to her home province and her real name wherever you find it.

Two, I have just been informed by another member about GW's personal situation ... and I'm not a callous man. If she needs relief from this drama (much of her own doing) ... then so be it. There is a child involved and we must all do the best we can as a greater village in nurturing the environment for that child.
So I now request Chico to act on the personal information purging. Give GW another chance, as it were, to do right. And if you're reading this GW, please, no more games. If you want truths from others ... then you better offer truths to others. Things will quickly heal from that point. At least, that is the only real hope we have for a good resolution for all of us.

Show some initiative in this regard, and I will be forced by my own truthseeking to recant all the bad things I had intimated about you here at UP (and not just the province reference).

Yes, you may consider this an olive branch.

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Wed May 02, 2012 6:22 pm

This is very important

Yes, please scrub that nested DSimon item ASAP.

http://hm.dinofly.com/UP/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7048#p7048

Also those TH links I posted yesterday.

http://hm.dinofly.com/UP/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3926#p3926

http://hm.dinofly.com/UP/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3942#p3942

http://hm.dinofly.com/UP/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3964#p3964

Many thanks.

Wed May 02, 2012 6:29 pm

Chico, let's deal with the current posts that are a problem ASAP and we can develop a good outline to use when future mishaps occur.

Please and Thank you.

And this isn't censorship Chico, this is creating a civilized harmonious environment. where people feel free to use free speech and not feel like they are in a Stasi environment where one wrong move and.........EXPOSED!

I mean look what Andy did by opening that banning thread on me, just because I discussed the whole TH situation with him. It was civil, there was really no flaming insults (well, I was called a liar and fraud many times), but the issue was discussed, yet he is pissed once again. And look how he reacted. Imagine if it flamed out.

Wed May 02, 2012 7:05 pm
Site Admin

What do those links have to do with the issue of UncleZook and GW (not even a UP member) resolving GW's internet-wide hissy fit relating specifically to her Canadian province being posted?

GW should become a known member of UP if she wishes to address her issues with Zook.

If GW and UncleZook can resolve their issues, I would be happy to make the adjustments they agree upon. Unfortunately, I am currently relieved of my duties as administrator, pending an investigation into alleged tyranny.

As for the other issues, those would be between the involved parties, some of which are not currently members here, and some of which are sockpuppets (an issue which has yet to be resolved).

Wed May 02, 2012 7:13 pm

What do those links have to do with the issue of UncleZook and GW (not even a UP member) resolving GW's internet-wide hissy fit relating specifically to her Canadian province being posted?

GW should become a known member of UP if she wishes to address her issues with Zook.

If GW and UncleZook can resolve their issues, I would be happy to make the adjustments they agree upon. Unfortunately, I am currently relieved of my duties as administrator, pending an investigation into alleged tyranny.

As for the other issues, those would be between the involved parties, some of which are not currently members here, and some of which are sockpuppets (an issue which has yet to be resolved).

Chico, Zookie asked for it to be taken down and I just gave you the link to make it easier for you. She was very clear about wanting that down. Read Zook's post.

As for the TH ones, he WAILED to have you take them down. We can still honour his wishes as a gesture of good faith.

Chico, please don't keep fighting this. You can't win them all.

You have the controls at this time.......this will take you 20 minutes tops to do.

Wed May 02, 2012 7:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next