Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Proxy Servers 
Site Admin

Post Re: Proxy Servers
Stormborn wrote:
In order to allow polling to continue, multiple accounts must be deleted. Chico, as admin it is your duty to make polls available to the members. Please remove multiple accounts of GW. She has already supplied the names to her accounts. Please remove all but one of her accounts so we, as members of UP may vote in a valid poll.

Yes, I agree we have a serious problem. Removing GW's known sockpuppet accounts does not resolve the problem. I am still trying to think of a solution, and I am still open to a workable solution from any source. There are serious limitations to the polling software built into the forum. There appears to be no way to guarantee "one man, one vote". We may need to use an external polling service, if one can satisfy that requirement. It's a dilemma for the moment.

Wed May 02, 2012 3:18 am

Stormborn wrote:
In order to allow polling to continue, multiple accounts must be deleted. Chico, as admin it is your duty to make polls available to the members. Please remove multiple accounts of GW. She has already supplied the names to her accounts. Please remove all but one of her accounts so we, as members of UP may vote in a valid poll.

Yes, I agree we have a serious problem. Removing GW's known sockpuppet accounts does not resolve the problem.

There is no valid reason not to remove all but one of GW's accounts.

Lee

Wed May 02, 2012 10:51 am

There's no need to remove any of her accounts. It's been no secret who she is. Anyway it takes only one person to know she has multiple accounts, so just make polls open.

Lee wrote:
Stormborn wrote:

Yes, I agree we have a serious problem. Removing GW's known sockpuppet accounts does not resolve the problem.

There is no valid reason not to remove all but one of GW's accounts.

Lee

Wed May 02, 2012 11:25 am

Hi Grumple...

I disagree, it clears things up.

It's been confusing enough for the current members, let alone anyone that should wish to join in the future.

IMO each individual should have one account only. We need to decide how best to achieve that.

Peace,
Lee

Wed May 02, 2012 11:47 am
Site Admin

Lee wrote:
IMO each individual should have one account only. We need to decide how best to achieve that.

I also like the idea of each person having one account only. I too would like to know how we can accomplish that.

The concepts of maintaining anonymity and verifying members are at odds. Maybe we should not have anonymity. Maybe we each should have a valid picture ID proving our identity on file that is accessible to any member at any time.

It may be that anonymity, a form of secrecy, is not conducive to the responsible operation of a public forum. Strangely enough, we also see that secrecy is not conducive to the responsible operation of a human society.

Wed May 02, 2012 6:00 pm

Yeah..strangely enough!

I've thought about this also. I think that level of transparency is an important direction to head. I doubt on this forum, and I doubt now. It would cut out a lot of trouble though. You would still have fake pics going on but the greater effort required would lesson the attempts.

I don't see many people willing to go there now, on this or other current forums.

Perhaps a forum of the future..another one that will flourish out of the 5 or 6 that came from Avalon in just over a year...
Lee

Wed May 02, 2012 7:34 pm

Quote:
I also like the idea of each person having one account only. I too would like to know how we can accomplish that.

Forget it. Been there, haven't done that.

The only way to limit accounts is to charge an enormous, one time entrance fee. The effect is only the wealthy elite can troll. :P

Btw, noticed your avatar still blinks "Site Administrator". Be true to your school, Chiopoopoo.

Wed May 02, 2012 8:49 pm
Site Admin

raggin wrote:
Btw, noticed your avatar still blinks "Site Administrator". Be true to your school, Chiopoopoo.

Sorry, GW. I haven't figured out how to remove it yet. I did remove myself from the administrator group, but evidently that is not sufficient. I'll work on it when I have time and my admin privileges back, should that occur.

Wed May 02, 2012 10:39 pm

raggin wrote:

Sorry, GW. I haven't figured out how to remove it yet. I did remove myself from the administrator group, but evidently that is not sufficient. I'll work on it when I have time and my admin privileges back, should that occur.

OK, Richard. :giggle: :giggle:

Wed May 02, 2012 10:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3