Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Poll re Private Information 

Should UP Remove Private Information
Poll ended at Tue May 01, 2012 9:02 pm
Yes, all private information should be removed immediately. 90%  90%  [ 9 ]
No, this place is a free for all madhouse. Anything goes including posting private information when you are pissed with another member. 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Poll re Private Information 

Post Re: Poll re Private Information
andywight wrote:
Canzirka wrote:

You are actually going to try and call me on that after what you have put out on this board Andy?

I use my real name, I don't hide behind an alas or pretend to be something I'm not!

If ya gonna preach, don't cry when those same things you preached about are held up in front of you!

No one is crying dude....I'm laughing. And you are very predictable.

So, if you don't mind, I'm going to ignore you for a while, because what is important to me right now,

is that next time you get into a rage, you won't be able to put up private info.

Wed May 02, 2012 6:03 am

Canzirka wrote:

No one is crying dude....I'm laughing. And you are very predictable.

So, if you don't mind, I'm going to ignore you for a while, because what is important to me right now,

is that next time you get into a rage, you won't be able to put up private info.

Nice touch with the "rage" thing, you truly are an intellectual giant!

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Wed May 02, 2012 6:24 am

@Canzirka

Why do you care so much about this forum after making such a slander on Nexus.. ????

Wed May 02, 2012 7:19 am

Talk Shit wrote:
@Canzirka

Why do you care so much about this forum after making such a slander on Nexus.. ????

Actually, you may call it slander....but do you still really think that after watching the behaviour over the last few days?
I call it a summary of my experience and personal observations here after the last flame out.

Also, if you would read my older posts you would see that there wasn't that much that
I hadn't already said here. It really shouldn't have come as news.

I had unfinished business and was silently regretting not dealing with it.

Some of us left because Chico refused to take down private info.

We felt that that policy restricted our speech because as you know some members
are quick to anger over the smallest and most insignificant slight.

I think this is an important issue.

Not sure if you noticed, but Gypsy challenged me to come back on and speak my piece.

The timing was right as I am having a lull in between projects.

So, I am hoping this issue can be resolved in a speedy and efficient manner.

If it is finally accepted in the member's code of conduct, I may return to more active participation.

I would like to see more information sharing. This forum bashing is old and the same stuff is repeated
ad nauseum and not something I want to be part of.

I know you are a recent member, but this forum was excellent before all of the forum
bashing started. With that came some insane member battles.

If people have a personal crusade they should open a blog like Gypsy did.

First step is stopping the posting of private info against a member's wishes. If that isn't resolved, definitely gone.

What happens after that, only time will tell.

Wed May 02, 2012 7:49 am

Quote:
I know you are a recent member, but this forum was excellent before all of the forum

Sorry but I believe you are guilty of forum bashing.

Also a question. Why are you defending GW's antics ?

She posted her own personal info on here as King Art2. Sorry but that is quite deranged. I never even knew her name beofre she put that info. Seems like she wants the attention in my books. She is not trying to clear her name only make it bigger.

Wed May 02, 2012 7:59 am

Talk Shit wrote:
Quote:

Sorry but I believe you are guilty of forum bashing.

Also a question. Why are you defending GW's antics ?

She posted her own personal info on here as King Art2. Sorry but that is quite deranged. I never even knew her name beofre she put that info. Seems like she wants the attention in my books. She is not trying to clear her name only make it bigger.

Well a lot of your questions have been covered in earlier posts, so I will summarize for you.

I made one post......the forum bashing here adds up to 100s of them. Incessant forum bashing.

When the "Banning for Dollars" thread opened, I stated that I think that a healthy catharsis could be beneficial.

I think there is a difference between healthy and obsessive.

It started to get obsessive here. Unbelievably obsessive and it hasn't stopped.

Took over the board and became the main focus. Non stop, and really vile.

I mean it really got base and primitive. Quite a few of the members tried to stop it.

I feel like I can understand GW's POV.

I saw that the poop started to fly after her request to have some personal info removed which,

while Chico felt was insignificant to him and refused to remove, was important to her. She has gone through a lot with

her info being released on Avalon and I felt strongly that is was just as wrong then, as it was

when it happenned here. A member should be able to determine if personal information is offensive, not Chico.

At the heart of the matter, I understood what she was trying to expose with posting her private info as KingArt

in such a glaring manner. She was seeing how low Chico would go do defend his extreme "no censorship" stance.

Well, I responded immediately that it wasn't cool. Chico, on the other hand, rather than taking it right down

(it was really, really blatant), decided to check on some sockpuppet status. Now, I personally

would have taken it right down first and foremost and then checked on the sockpuppet status.

I think anyone with feeling would have regardless of whether they were trying to prove a point or not.

Gypsy is a highly intelligent woman who is quick to anger. Yes, she could probably use some

anger management help and her style is definintely not mine, but she is the master of her ship.

I admire that she started her own blog to deal with it rather than use a public forum.

I really think she has enough factual ammo to express her position without

resorting to some of the uber personal attacks, but she is the master of her own ship. It is her personal blog.

Now, I noticed that you became a member shortly after my Nexus post.

Please allow me to ask you a few questions.

What attracted you to this forum?

Do you think that personal information about another member should be posted without their consent?

Do you enjoy the Forum bashing that goes on here?

Wed May 02, 2012 8:50 am

Quote:

Do you think that personal information about another member should be posted without their consent?

I did join here around the time of your post however your post was not the reason for it.

1.) I was attracted to here via the talk about it on Nexus and I wanted to witness the attempts are a unmoderated forum because the Nexus issues were related to Mod issues
2.) No I do not think personal info should be posted without consent. (but on the other hand I do believe that if you do not want anyone to sue any of your info on a forum then you should not provide any private info even if it is not supposed to be shared)
3.) Not I think forum bashing and people bashing is pretty pathetic. But there are still some good posts in any forum.

Wed May 02, 2012 11:46 am

Talk Shit wrote:
Quote:

I did join here around the time of your post however your post was not the reason for it.

1.) I was attracted to here via the talk about it on Nexus and I wanted to witness the attempts are a unmoderated forum because the Nexus issues were related to Mod issues
2.) No I do not think personal info should be posted without consent. (but on the other hand I do believe that if you do not want anyone to sue any of your info on a forum then you should not provide any private info even if it is not supposed to be shared)
3.) Not I think forum bashing and people bashing is pretty pathetic. But there are still some good posts in any forum.

Thanks for your candor. Much appreciated.

Wed May 02, 2012 12:12 pm

Anonymity and transparency must go hand in hand. It has to be managed in a timely fashion as time is relevant to itself.
It can be in a perpetual flux so relativism and science must also be managed.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:56 pm

magamud wrote:
Anonymity and transparency must go hand in hand. It has to be managed in a timely fashion as time is relevant to itself.
It can be in a perpetual flux so relativism and science must also be managed.

Agreed, Mags.

However, in my case, since Chico has refused to admonish Andy for a lot of the personal innuendo about my living with my mother (a cultural obligation, btw, which I am obliged to observe or be denigrated by my community as a delinquent son) - and now, innuendo about my employment status. Since Chico has been busy ass-kissing instead of performing his administerial duty, I've decided to take matters into my own hand and punch back with some force de rigueur.

To wit, it'll be hell or tall waters before I allow a Bahamian halfwit gatekeeper push me around without getting his own personal space exposed for all to see. And I got more stuff on monkeymunch for the clothesline. It's up to him to put the brakes on his Stasi-tyle pursuit of personal spaces ... or I will do it for him. Remember, he tried the same trick on TruthHunter; and we subsequently lost TH after Chico - the Stasi-style-smoocher - evicted the wrong individual.

Pax

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next