Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Poll re Private Information 

Should UP Remove Private Information
Poll ended at Tue May 01, 2012 9:02 pm
Yes, all private information should be removed immediately. 90%  90%  [ 9 ]
No, this place is a free for all madhouse. Anything goes including posting private information when you are pissed with another member. 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Poll re Private Information 

Post Re: Poll re Private Information
Chico....this issue shouldn't even be up for debate. It should just be part of the good conduct requirements of this forum.

At the bare minimum this is required because there are some very quick to anger people here that do not possess any self restraint. Just take a look at what goes on here with some of the insults being hurled back and forth.

Canzirka wrote:
Storm, Chico is resisting because it goes against his personal vision. He will pull every trick in the book not to let this become a policy here.

Canzirka, you are really out of line. I would appreciate it if you would not pull these kinds of accusations out of your nether regions with such ease.

I am resisting for a variety of reasons. Anyone that has ever studied polling knows this one breaks all the rules. There's a science to fair and accurate polling, and it is being trampled on here.

You (Canzirka) asked Magamud here this question:

Quote:
Do you think it is OK to post personal information about another member against their wishes?

I can personally answer that quite easily as "No", so I don't think you are justified in your baseless accusations concerning my motives here. Magamud was correct that the polling is corrupted. My motives are to have a fair way for members to make the important decisions. But as I have pointed out, we are being prevented from doing this for quite a few reasons, which is just as frustrating for me as it is for you.

Wed May 02, 2012 4:10 am
Site Admin

Canzirka wrote:
Chico....this issue shouldn't even be up for debate.

I agree. What should be up for debate is the specific example of alleged personal information that some members are so tightly wound up about.

GW started this whole "divide and conquer" tactic with her demands to me that I censor two letters ("BC") from an UncleZook post. I refused, as this forum is one founded on resisting censorship unless absolutely necessary. Yes, I could have easily censored those two letters, but GW would surely have had other marching orders for me to follow later on. And this forum was also founded on the principle that the members decide as a group with high consensus. So it was not GW's decision to make, or mine.

Now I know you're having a hard time following all this, Canzirka, so I will spell it out for you. The proper way to have handled this, in my opinion, is the following poll:

Should the two letters identifying the province in Canada where one of our members lives be removed from the post containing them?
  • Yes
  • No

Of course, the unsolved problem of sockpuppets (another GW "divide and conquer" tactic) could still invalidate this poll, but I would have had no problem with adhering to the results of the poll, if those results were accurate.

The real problem, Canzirka, in case you've again failed to notice, is GW.

Wed May 02, 2012 4:57 am

You should have just removed them. Instead you allowed the drama to escalate for no good reason.

And now you want to debate the definition of what "is" is again.

God Chico, I'd be surprised if anything ever got done with you around in your interactions in the real world.

You have to dissect every little item to its smallest common denominator.

Where is your common sense for goodness sakes.

You must drive people nuts you are so anal-retentive.

Canzirka wrote:
Chico....this issue shouldn't even be up for debate.

I agree. What should be up for debate is the specific example of alleged personal information that some members are so tightly wound up about.

GW started this whole "divide and conquer" tactic with her demands to me that I censor two letters ("BC") from an UncleZook post. I refused, as this forum is one founded on resisting censorship unless absolutely necessary. Yes, I could have easily censored those two letters, but GW would surely have had other marching orders for me to follow later on. And this forum was also founded on the principle that the members decide as a group with high consensus. So it was not GW's decision to make, or mine.

Now I know you're having a hard time following all this, Canzirka, so I will spell it out for you. The proper way to have handled this, in my opinion, is the following poll:

Should the two letters identifying the province in Canada where one of our members lives be removed from the post containing them?
  • Yes
  • No

Of course, the unsolved problem of sockpuppets (another GW "divide and conquer" tactic) could still invalidate this poll, but I would have had no problem with adhering to the results of the poll, if those results were accurate.

The real problem, Canzirka, in case you've again failed to notice, is GW.

Wed May 02, 2012 5:11 am
Site Admin

Canzirka wrote:

I was going to say the same thing about you earlier, but I'm trying to set a good example of self-moderation and self-restraint.

Wed May 02, 2012 5:21 am

Maybe we can have a poll in whether or not our current and only forum administrator must uphold the results of Canzirka's poll and delete those listed posts. Yes or no. This relates to TH as well as GW.

Here's another poll;

Should GW's sock puppets be deleted? Yes or no.

One more;

Should new members be unable to vote for the first 2 weeks of their membership? Yes or no.

My head hurts..
L

Wed May 02, 2012 5:29 am

Great Poll Suggestions Lee,

I vote Yes, Yes and Yes ;)

My head also hurts so I'm out of here and off to Bed.

I suggest the same for anyone else who's head is hurting>>>>call it a break for good health and rest>>>>>>>>>>>>>Take Care Everyone :wave:

Lee wrote:
Maybe we can have a poll in whether or not our current and only forum administrator must uphold the results of Canzirka's poll and delete those listed posts. Yes or no. This relates to TH as well as GW.

Here's another poll;

Should GW's sock puppets be deleted? Yes or no.

One more;

Should new members be unable to vote for the first 2 weeks of their membership? Yes or no.

My head hurts..
L

Wed May 02, 2012 5:36 am

Canzirka wrote:

I was going to say the same thing about you earlier, but I'm trying to set a good example of self-moderation and self-restraint.

:lol:

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Wed May 02, 2012 5:36 am

sandy wrote:
I suggest the same for anyone else who's head is hurting>>>>call it a break for good health and rest>>>>>>>>>>>>>Take Care Everyone :wave:

My heads fine, but maybe its best for you old folks out there to get some shut eye!

Wed May 02, 2012 5:41 am

andywight wrote:
Canzirka wrote:

:lol:

You are actually going to try and call me on that after what you have put out on this board Andy?

Best laugh I've had here since your "Zookie crush" comment.

Wed May 02, 2012 5:43 am

Canzirka wrote:

You are actually going to try and call me on that after what you have put out on this board Andy?

I use my real name, I don't hide behind an alas or pretend to be something I'm not!

If ya gonna preach, don't cry when those same things you preached about are held up in front of you!

Wed May 02, 2012 5:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next