Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Poll re Private Information 

Should UP Remove Private Information
Poll ended at Tue May 01, 2012 9:02 pm
Yes, all private information should be removed immediately. 90%  90%  [ 9 ]
No, this place is a free for all madhouse. Anything goes including posting private information when you are pissed with another member. 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Poll re Private Information 

Post Re: Poll re Private Information
andywight wrote:
Canzirka wrote:

He really doesn't want this to go through and is going to use every stall tactic available.

You really can't help yourself can you Canzirka! so do you want go over again with me the proof I posted earlier of you being caught lying on this forum? :D

Look Andy, he has stated clearly in prior posts that he would not remove personal information because everyone's info is on the internet already.

He even said Gypsy was a "Public Person", therefore he wouldn't scrub the information she requested.

Please stop this game Andy.

It is only making you look like a jerk.

(And I had a smidgeon hope for you after reading your response to Lily, but I knew it was too good to be true).

I'm not going to go through all of his posts to find it. If you don't believe me.....you can search for it.

I have absolutely nothing to prove to you because your opinion of me is of no importance to me.

You do a good enough job of making yourself look like a knee jerk idiot that needs to take some anger management classes.

I don't need to say another word, because your behaviour says it all.

Wed May 02, 2012 2:19 am

Andy I can find nothing at UP that says sock puppets are not allowed. That would mean the poll stands, unless Chico is changing the rules whenever it suits him. Can you find where it states here at UP that sock puppets are not allowed? If so please provide a link.

Stormborn

Wed May 02, 2012 2:25 am

Stormborn wrote:
Andy,

This is a simple matter. Chico knows which accounts are GW's. All he has to do is delete all but one of her accounts. By deliberately delaying this he is preventing the members from voting. In effect he has made a unilateral decision without members input.

Stormborn

I'm sure Chico will of course now check everyone's IP! there presently is no filter in place here to stop people registering with the use of a proxy which I'm sure will complicate things, so no it's not a simple matter!

I suggested allowing members to join using a proxy if that was their wish, but not allowing them a vote due to the uncertainty of their identity! unfortunately this might not be possible within the limitations of the software we use here!

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Last edited by andywight on Wed May 02, 2012 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 02, 2012 2:27 am

Stormborn wrote:
Andy I can find nothing at UP that says sock puppets are not allowed. That would mean the poll stands, unless Chico is changing the rules whenever it suits him. Can you find where it states here at UP that sock puppets are not allowed? If so please provide a link.

Stormborn

Are you saying that you think it's fair that members have multiple accounts and therefore multiple votes?

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Wed May 02, 2012 2:33 am

Stormborn wrote:

Stormborn

I agree, the poll stands, as it was conducted under the existing rules of UP.

Polls are valid as per the rules in place when they were opened not after they closed.

You can change the rules for future polls.

Wed May 02, 2012 2:36 am

I did not say that. I said you can not change the rules 'mid stream' as it were. Chico did not think far enough ahead. Every forum I have been a member of has had it stated up front 'no sock puppets' but I can not find it here at UP. Now it is being used to invalidate a poll. A very simple solution is to delete GW's multiple accounts and have another poll but red herrings are being thrown in the mix such as proxies etc. Suspend new membership for a short time. Delete the multiple accounts and let the poll be taken. Very simple but it is being avoided because apparently that is not what Chico wants.

Stormborn

Wed May 02, 2012 2:41 am

Here you go Andy,

Chico is saying at least to me that it is useless to filter proxy servers and thus multiple accounts or sock puppets cannot be avoided. My mistake in mentioning banning but assumed that the one way to not have multiple members or sock puppets would be to ban those applying from a proxy server.

Thus my point still stands and so should the results of this Poll!!

Lee wrote:
Why not filter out anyone with a known proxy IP address?

Because it doesn't solve the problem. People can still create multiple sockpuppets. They will often have the same IP address, but there is no way to know if they are all the same person simply by looking at the IP address.

I can change the IP address my Internet provider assigns to me just by resetting my modem. I could register at UP multiple times with multiple IP addresses all from the comfort of my kitchen table. I can do the same thing at Nexus or any other forum. It doesn't matter for those other forums, because there the members don't really make the decisions. If members are to make the important decisions here, we are going to have to find way that works.

andywight wrote:
sandy wrote:
We don't need another poll>>>>>this one will do IMO.

This is not governed by your opinion but by the results of a poll, which has been discovered to be flawed because Gipsy Woman's now admitted dishonest use of multiple accounts!

sandy wrote:
The rules were set re Polls at the beginning and there was nothing addressing sockpuppets so the rules stick. Otherwise we are back to saying oh well lets make a new rule and then we can vote again>>>> don't the masses wish the world worked this way when it comes to finding out things might not be what they seem when the SHTF.

This is pure BS

sandy wrote:
The Poll was legit in all ways including sock puppet votes as according to Chico himself, sock puppets are something that is really unpreventable when one is not into banning!

More BS, if this was "according to Chico himself" then I guess you wont have any trouble linking me to them!

sandy wrote:
Chico, as the Administrator please honor the membership and your word to follow the members directive.

That's exactly what he's doing and thanks for your support Sandy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wed May 02, 2012 2:46 am

This can be resolved with a few manuveors:

a) define personal info in a logically consistant way that allows for a clear understanding of when a person is violated. Like for example, I did not give permission, or that info would cause me harm.
But careful folks, what about info needed for proof of an assertion? what about info that is necessary? like registration and email info?

b) then a pole can be done again with mo interference. I will take a crack at it if no one else will.

Wed May 02, 2012 3:10 am
Site Admin

Canzirka wrote:
I believe it was 8 members for a valid poll.

It's a minimum of 10 votes or one quarter of the membership, whichever is greater. With all the sock puppets, I can't even be sure of the member count, but I think it is below 40, so we need a minimum of 10 member votes.

Quote:
Total of 10 people voted. GW is entitled to a vote. Remove 2 yes votes. Still same results.

Now you can see that is not the case. There are not enough votes for the poll to be valid if you remove the 2 sockpuppets.

Wed May 02, 2012 3:33 am
Site Admin

Canzirka wrote:
Storm, Chico is resisting because it goes against his personal vision. He will pull every trick in the book not to let this become a policy here.

Canzirka, you are really out of line. I would appreciate it if you would not pull these kinds of accusations out of your nether regions with such ease.

I am resisting for a variety of reasons. Anyone that has ever studied polling knows this one breaks all the rules. There's a science to fair and accurate polling, and it is being trampled on here.

You (Canzirka) asked Magamud here this question:

Quote:
Do you think it is OK to post personal information about another member against their wishes?

I can personally answer that quite easily as "No", so I don't think you are justified in your baseless accusations concerning my motives here. Magamud was correct that the polling is corrupted. My motives are to have a fair way for members to make the important decisions. But as I have pointed out, we are being prevented from doing this for quite a few reasons, which is just as frustrating for me as it is for you.

Wed May 02, 2012 4:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next