Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
Poll re Private Information 

Should UP Remove Private Information
Poll ended at Tue May 01, 2012 9:02 pm
Yes, all private information should be removed immediately. 90%  90%  [ 9 ]
No, this place is a free for all madhouse. Anything goes including posting private information when you are pissed with another member. 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Poll re Private Information 

Post Poll re Private Information
This is a poll to determine if the membership of United People endorse the posting of private member information.

It will run for 2 days.

If the membership decides yes, then all posts which contain private information will be edited/removed immediately.

One vote only. You may not change your vote.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:02 pm

Post Re: Poll re Private Information
Thanks, found it. Voted.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:13 pm

bump :D

Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:17 pm

Quote:
No, this place is a free for all madhouse. Anything goes including posting private information when you are pissed with another member.

how bout when ur pissed at a non member do u get to trash em and post private info about private peeps likethe spook sexus and pa duz ????

just askin .....................

Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:18 pm

wassupdoc wrote:
Quote:
No, this place is a free for all madhouse. Anything goes including posting private information when you are pissed with another member.

how bout when ur pissed at a non member do u get to trash em and post private info about private peeps likethe spook sexus and pa duz ????

Do you want to do that?

Gypsy showed everyone how to do it. I mean, if you have a personal crusade why not follow her lead and start your own blog.

This is poll is about members posting info about other members.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:21 pm

bump again, but i'm retarded

Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:46 pm

Canzirka wrote:
wassupdoc wrote:
Quote:

Do you want to do that?

Gypsy showed everyone how to do it. I mean, if you have a personal crusade why not follow her lead and start your own blog.

This is poll is about members posting info about other members.

Really?

Thats Bullshit pure and simple. So looks like the GW haters are coming back in full force here.... The Blog was a constructive attempt to fight back against sabatoge. Like the type of BS you are spreading here. Everytime I think GW is a bit sensative some idiot like you shows that she is dead on... do you people ever stop?

Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:54 pm
Site Admin

You have some things to learn about polls, Canzirka.

For one, you should not try to influence the outcome with biased comments. A simple poll question that can be answered Yes or No is best.

For another, you should define your terms, like "private information", when they are not clear. For example, Andy Wight uses his real name as his avatar name. Is that private information? Are you advocating that all his posts be deleted, or should his avatar name be forcibly changed, or is it not private information after all?

This poll is also severely flawed because a solution that is not universally agreed upon is tied to the poll results. That solution (deleting posts) may not be appropriate for all cases. For instance, let me use a real example involving UP members. Member "X" posted a screenshot of an old post from Avalon done by UP member "Y". In that old post, "Y" had posted his phone number. "Y" contacted me and asked that the phone number be removed.

Now I had a dilemma. If the post was still visible at Avalon, what good would censoring it at UP do? Yet member "Y", who had posted his own phone number publicly on his own volition, now wanted it removed. Is that my problem, or his?

In the end, I had no way of knowing if the post was still visible on Avalon, so I decided to err on the side of caution, and I blacked out just the phone number on the screenshot. I was censoring information, which is against my principles, and I'm still not happy about it.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:56 pm

dsimon3387 wrote:

Really?

Thats Bullshit pure and simple. So looks like the GW haters are coming back in full force here.... The Blog was a constructive attempt to fight back against sabatoge. Like the type of BS you are spreading here. Everytime I think GW is a bit sensative some idiot like you shows that she is dead on... do you people ever stop?

WTF is your problem?

I said that she showed how people how to do it.

Try to top what she produced (not that I agree with her approach.....but you've got to hand it to her......she did it in her own inimitable style). And the Woodward report was a masterpiece.

Put your reading glasses on or is your dyslexia acting up today? Geez........you can be such a knee jerk dolt.

There was no GW critisism in that statement.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:10 pm

You have some things to learn about polls, Canzirka.

For one, you should not try to influence the outcome with biased comments. A simple poll question that can be answered Yes or No is best.

For another, you should define your terms, like "private information", when they are not clear. For example, Andy Wight uses his real name as his avatar name. Is that private information? Are you advocating that all his posts be deleted, or should his avatar name be forcibly changed, or is it not private information after all?

This poll is also severely flawed because a solution that is not universally agreed upon is tied to the poll results. That solution (deleting posts) may not be appropriate for all cases. For instance, let me use a real example involving UP members. Member "X" posted a screenshot of an old post from Avalon done by UP member "Y". In that old post, "Y" had posted his phone number. "Y" contacted me and asked that the phone number be removed.

Now I had a dilemma. If the post was still visible at Avalon, what good would censoring it at UP do? Yet member "Y", who had posted his own phone number publicly on his own volition, now wanted it removed. Is that my problem, or his?

In the end, I had no way of knowing if the post was still visible on Avalon, so I decided to err on the side of caution, and I blacked out just the phone number on the screenshot. I was censoring information, which is against my principles, and I'm still not happy about it.

You are going all "Clintonesque" here.... .... What the "definintion of is, is".

I think people here are wise enough to know what personal information is for goodness sakes.

Private information is obvious. We all know when people have crossed the line.

Andy willingly uses his name.........

Stop obscuring this. KISS principle.

Let the people speak.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 141 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next