Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Rules? What rules?! We don't need no stinkin' rules! 

Post Re: Rules? What rules?! We don't need no stinkin' rules!
truthunter wrote:
Lee wrote:
truthunter wrote:
I always liked your name and found it to be of those who are wonderful individuals. :P

I think it would be nice to be able to put real names on here and something about who we are, but it's not safe to do so with who knows who is who these days. Chico knows me well outside the internet. I got banned from Nexus too. It was all Chico's fault. :?

Good to see you here Lee. It seems you are needed here. :)

I always thought putting up a photo of yourself was rather brave. Particularly the pics that have a sureal border with fading in of angels or cloud like formations. But the most fun are the one's taken by the person with the extended arm. You know, trying to pretend someone else took it. What fun. I always wonder how many it took to get that one they're happy with.

Banned from nexus :o , surely that takes some doing and Chico's fault?? Say no more :lol: Well that's why we need new forums - we get to try another way.

Thanks for your kind words Truthunter.

I'm glad to be here and I'll admit to being a little bit wonderful on a good day :)
Lee

The pic I put on was one of those at arms length, but had to fade it so I don't stand out too much in the crowd. 8-) I am not so naive that I don't think I am not being a target, and have somewhat of an identity to protect.

Chico has been a bad influence on me. :roll: But he is after all my "brother", so I have to put up with him. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You are right about the new forum. Maybe if we play "nice" :D we just might get somewhere. :P

O.k....didn't realise it was a pic of yourself. Good idea on the fading - it works really well :!: Surprisingly, it was also done at arms length :o . Excellent job (??1987??).

And yes....we just might get somewhere, if our intentions are good.
:)

Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 am
Hi Lee, Well, even with good intentions we must have the right "attitude" for that determines how we "play", or how long we get to play. I think we are off on a good start. Have a good day tomorrow. :D

Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:08 am

Unfortunately there will be "flame wars" and visits from "Trolls" that will need to be addressed at some point, maybe better to get it over with and do it now!

I too like the idea of moving disruptive posts to they own sections, flame wars will eventually die on their own and can be entertaining in short doses.

Also think their should be restrictions on self editing, time limits, etc.

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:44 am
andywight wrote:
Unfortunately there will be "flame wars" and visits from "Trolls" that will need to be addressed at some point, maybe better to get it over with and do it now!

I too like the idea of moving disruptive posts to they own sections, flame wars will eventually die on their own and can be entertaining in short doses.

Also think their should be restrictions on self editing, time limits, etc.

Again, I think it's all attitude. The best way to kill a bad attitude is to just not feed it. If we feel someone is "trolling" or "bowling", we just don't reply. Hopefully we have members who have the discernment needed.

What about making this forum by invitation only? Zook wants to bring many others on board, well, how about inviting those who have a "good track record"? Insanity can only rule when the "sane" are way outnumbered.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:42 pm

Do we want the forum to expand quickly?

Many difficulties seem to arise on large forums, and then they splinter off. Rather than invite bulk people to join us, perhaps we should work on the structure and keeping the tone high. Settle in a bit. Those that want to join will join.

The exception to that is, I think in the future if I am posting info from another forum I will let that person know out of respect. They may want to see where it has gone.

I could be wrong... ;)

Warm wishes..
Lee

Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:23 am
Site Admin

Lee wrote:
Do we want the forum to expand quickly?

Many difficulties seem to arise on large forums, and then they splinter off. Rather than invite bulk people to join us, perhaps we should work on the structure and keeping the tone high. Settle in a bit. Those that want to join will join.

That sounds like good advice. But we do want to pull in enough members to give this place some life. That's our first challenge, I think -- to reach a critical mass so that the forum can sustain itself.

Quote:
The exception to that is, I think in the future if I am posting info from another forum I will let that person know out of respect. They may want to see where it has gone.

Definitely do that. That kind of exposure will do us some good.

Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:49 am

Good point!

At one time I was the only person left posting...lol. It was a bit lonely :( :( .

Thanks so much for all you do here, I appreciate your efforts.
Lee
P.S. I will eandeavour to keep the multi-posts to a minimum!

Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:42 am
Lee wrote:
Good point!

At one time I was the only person left posting...lol. It was a bit lonely :( :( .

Lee, I am of the opinion (not knowing you) that by what you write and how much attention to give that you are one of those who makes it all worth it. :P Each of us wants to do our best to try and communicate with others. We are all in this together. :shock:

It was my limited experience on Nexus that helped me see much of what happens in forums. When you have a great mix of folks from various backgrounds and ideologies, it certainly makes it interesting. :?
What I witnessed was a "Lord of the Flies" environment on Nexus, and am guessin' the same is true on other forums. If we don't even agree there is a "truth" worthy of flying on the stick, then we open ourselves up for chaos every time. So you are totally right about getting it together before we open up the floodgates. Perhaps TRUTH is not a free for all. :ugeek:

Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:13 pm

Zook is apparently targeting Andy's posts to discredit him, but in doing so, hes vacilating between the material and something personal. Is zook extracting his own form of justice from the Banning issues of Nexus? Now it is helping expose Zooks core behaviors for evaluation which is good, but they could be resources for further Denial and aggressive undertones to bury such information. Not saying something has to be done, just pointing out a Narrative that has been long forming....

Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:13 pm
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
Not saying something has to be done, just pointing out a Narrative that has been long forming....

I agree that nothing needs to be done. It's better to have this out in the open than to sweep it under the rug. Zook has done us a service, both by contributing and by exposing a side of him that is not normally seen. Many eyes have been open by this, and the truth is being subtly revealed.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next