Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Avalon - a history of censoring 
Site Admin

Post Avalon - a history of censoring
The recent "unsubscribing" of 9eagle9 from Avalon provides an opportunity to examine the psychological deviancy of Bill Ryan. I'm not a fan of 9eagle9, as I have reason to believe she is also psychologically damaged, but her banning continues to illustrate the history of Avalon as a celebration of censorship. Bill Ryan is the ultimate source of this censorship, and anyone pointing out that the Emperor has despicable clothes is quickly silenced.

Bill Ryan wrote:
9eagle9 has been unsubscribed from this forum... ...It is necessary to point out that 9eagle9 is responsible for this action as she continually exhibited the behavior she was asked to moderate.

What was asked for was:
  • respect for other members,
  • care and self-awareness to demonstrate that respect,
  • respect for Avalon itself, and
  • respect for all the dedicated people who have found a special home here.

Here we see Bill Ryan say 9eagle9 is solely responsible for her banning, because she doesn't show the proper respect. Needless to say, Bill Ryan is the yardstick for determining proper respect.

Bill Ryan wrote:
Among the many important and valid points to be made, this is verbatim copied from the long mods thread we were posting on last night. It may provide pause for thought.

Quote:
We have forum members who are as young as 14 and 15. Others are gaining confidence having emerged from abusive relationships with bullies in their own lives.

These people are not used to being in a toe-to-toe confrontation personally. They expect the mods to create a safe space for them. What's important to understand is that there are forum members who think that we have not been doing that job.

Bill Ryan tries to justify the banning as being consistent with Avalon's desire to create a secure and safe environment for its members (at least the ones that have yet to be banned). As Benjamin Franklin once said (though in a different context), "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Bill Ryan wrote:
This may be hard for some to read (and Vivek, I understand), but she was fundamentally abusing what Avalon is for. Please read again the Avalon Goal and Vision thread in which the basic precepts are all laid out.

If anyone reading this doesn't subscribe to those, or thinks that we are hypocritical, then of course they're free to leave to try to find better values elsewhere. (But if so, I fear they will fail to find them.)

Here, Bill Ryan falls back on his usual excuse for banning, "Do as I want or leave!"

Bill Ryan wrote:
There's very strong accumulated evidence that an entity (for lack of a better word), or discarnate influence, accompanied 9eagle9 and 'hitchhiked' along with her to jump on at least some members (quite a few, actually), operating either through the internet or their own attention on her.

I am almost completely sure that 9eagle9 was unaware of this, and did not intend any harm towards others (despite her radiating anger, which was there quite often, and her dismissal of and scorn towards anything that even remotely resembled emotional expression).

But this thing seemed to operate through her. It's entirely possible that now that door has been closed -- and a door or portal is what I'm sure it was -- it may seek another door to continue its interference. As many have rightly pointed out, this was never just all about her.

In an about-face, Bill Ryan contradicts his prior post about 9eagle9 being solely responsible for her banning. Now it's the fault of an evil spirit. Actually, that's right, but the evil spirit is Bill Ryan himself.

Way to go, Bill! I know you are reaching for the ban hammer, but it won't work on this forum! :lol:

Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:56 am

Post Re: Avalon - a history of censoring
Did someone ring? :lol:

Quote:
she is also psychologically damaged,

I have to consider this progress, at least you didn't call 9e9 a psychopath.

--------------------

Paul aka Pauls is guilty of censorship against me at least twice where he/it/they removed my posts before hardly anyone could see them.

Also, I had an email that an Avalon mod sent me that vanished by the "hidden hand", said email could have been damaging to Avalon.

Don't think they can't seize yer computer fellas.

enuf 4 now

Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:56 am
Site Admin

I have to consider this progress, at least you didn't call 9e9 a psychopath.

:lol: :shock:
I know I am becoming known as one of the standard bearers in the struggle to identify sociopaths, and I know that I am often conveniently dismissed due to my seeming "obsession" with sociopaths, but the truth is that my behavior is only a symptom of truth-seeking. I simply want to know why the world (of humans) is insane. How did we, for the most part a sane species, get into this insane predicament?

Unfortunately (and I wish it were otherwise), all roads continue to lead back to sociopaths. At one time, sociopaths were indeed called the morally insane.

Paul aka Pauls is guilty of censorship against me at least twice where he/it/they removed my posts before hardly anyone could see them.

Also, I had an email that an Avalon mod sent me that vanished by the "hidden hand", said email could have been damaging to Avalon.

Thanks for that info. This is exactly what we need -- the information necessary to expose them.

How many people at Avalon are aware of how much censorship goes on there? Virtually none, besides the ones that are actually doing it, like Paul. Why is that? Look into the characteristics of sociopaths, and you will find lack of empathy, deception, secrecy, charm, manipulation, lies, cleverness, paranoia, narcissism, control, lies, shamelessness, irresponsibility, game-playing, risk-taking, and cold calculation. Do you think Bill Ryan has these qualities? Do you think the moderators doing the bidding of Bill Ryan have these qualities?

Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:59 am

bump

Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:49 pm
Site Admin

I would like to re-examine my comment about 9eagle9 being psychologically damaged. That perception was formed during my time debating her over at the old Atticus1 forum, where I found her viciousness and manipulative skills rather startling. To put this in context, I believe there are no humans that are free of psychological damage. Some of us have little, and some of us have much. From what I have observed, 9eagle9 has much.

9eagle9 wrote:
I am no longer working in a psychiatric ward.

I am still compelled to keep people abusing themselves, others, and me.

I do this because I AM mean, angry and the devil incarnate and because I’m bitter, hateful and wounded. I get this mean viscous pleasure when I try to prevent people from shoving their last remaining bit of power up their butt.

Right?

No.

That is not right mind thinking.

That is what Their mind wants you to think. That's how it preserves itself. And its not even what you think. It’s what their mind wants you to feel. Then it gets to feed again. Not at my expense. AT yours.

However, I don't mean to imply that 9eagle9 being psychologically damaged is necessarily something derogatory. How we each deal with psychological damage is more important. Many of us, those with little damage, don't deal with it, because we mostly don't have to. Many of us, those with a lot of damage, have to deal with it if we choose to fight back to try to repair the damage. I put Cathy O'Brien in that category. I see 9eagle9 as one of those, too. Of course, I could be wrong.

This thread at Avalon is an interesting study of 9eagle9's fight to repair the damage, in my opinion. She is seeing the same thing that I see about the ruling sociopaths, about how they mold us into their image and get us to behave like them through mind control and the supporting structures of society that sociopaths constructed or co-opted to support that mind control (money, hierarchy, corporations, capitalism, fake democracy, controlled media, propaganda, etc.). She calls it "their" mind, and I call it mind control, but I think we are talking about the same thing, although we come at it from different directions.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:50 am
Site Admin

By the way, if 9eagle9, or Modwiz, or anyone else wants the opportunity to respond to any posts here, shoot me an email and I will arrange it. Click the "Contact" button at united-people.tk.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:25 am
Site Admin

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I was reading posts at Avalon today, something I don't do very often, because the degree of brown-nosing and sucking-up often makes me nauseous. I was looking for new information about Bill Brockbrader to potentially supplement my post from this morning. I found some threads there, one being new and quite active today, and I was reading through it. Then the most amazing thing happened. I went back a page, and some interesting posts suddenly weren't there! I thought I was seeing things, so I read through it again. Something was definitely wrong. I clicked for the next page, the page I had been on earlier, and more posts were missing! At the top of the screen, I then noticed "Thread closed". WTF? Eventually a post showed up from Paul, the fascist moron responsible for banning me from Avalon two years ago for questioning Avalon's excessive and often secretive censoring. Sure enough, Paul announces he deleted a dozen posts, all of which were in my view clearly innocuous. The reason for Paul's censoring orgy was "severe and lasting trauma, so it is asked that other members respect the pain that some of us have to deal with."

What, you were raped as a 12-year old child, Paul? Well stay out of that thread, you idiot! You're the real pain and trauma that we have to deal with, Paul, you sociopathic control freak.

Once a censoring thug, always a censoring thug.

Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:07 am
Site Admin

Another sign of brainwashing is the apathetic way in which Avalon members accept the censorship, like an abused wife that believes she deserves her beatings. What a bunch of worms!

Flash wanted to respond to Carmody, whose post was deleted, but Flash sucks it up with gusto, saying "Well, another time."

DeDukshyn knows how to walk on eggshells; he's an expert at it by now. "Let's leave this alone ... and let's keep in mind what a personal opinion is -(to flash), and leave this issue at that." I wonder if he took lessons in eggshell walking from Zook.

Vitalux pours on the sweet-talk and cautions against the scrounge of truth-seeking forums -- heated debates!

Vitalux wrote:
Kim with all do respect and love....lets keep this thread from getting into heated debates. My hope is that we are going to refrain from taking it into the opinions that caused it to get locked in the first place.

And for good measure, he buries his nose deep in Paul's bunghole.

Vitalux wrote:
I adore Paul's patience, but I respect that it has limits too.

Wrong answer, dufus. I bet you lock your cell door yourself when the jailer forgets to do it.

I'm feeling that old familiar nausea again -- what a bunch of pathetic, spineless cowards. They are so afraid of being banned for displeasing their masters! Hey, I got banned from Avalon, and you know what it got me? Freedom. I can speak the truth about Bill Ryan, Paul, Ilie, Dennis, and any other bully I observe abusing others. They have no power over me. Imagine what's that like, Avalon members, if you can.

Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:43 am

What is Stockholm Syndrome? 2:57

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riwHaBHnTi0

Quote:
Victims of Stockholm syndrome develop compassion and loyalty toward their captors

Pets exhibit this behavior too...

Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:56 am
Site Admin

Bravo, Mags! I think you nailed it. I wish there were a more vigorous term for this psychological train-wreck condition than "Stockholm syndrome". That's just too tame. How about "Stupidity syndrome", or "Mental meltdown syndrome". "Stockholm syndrome" invokes too much compassion for the disease, causing its victims to identify too comfortably with the label, thus reinforcing their misbehavior. :lol:

Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next