Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Nexus - censoring history 

Post Re: Nexus - censoring history
UncleZook wrote:
... but in the end, the litmus test for speech freedom is signal, not noise ...

One man's signal is another man's noise, and vice versa. A censor sets himself up as the referee in determining the difference. If you cannot recognize the dangers of censorship, then you deserve the New World Order coming to your neighborhood. No surprise there, because you function as a gatekeeper for them.

The paucity of intellectual process is evident in Chico's moronic ramblings. He completely ignores the right of free association (and dissociation) that I alluded to when I mentioned that a private club is entitled to set its own standards. This right of free association trumps any right of speech.

If it didn't, every prevaricating asswipe in this world (like yourself, Chico) and/or infantile banana (like Andy) and/or constipated drummer (like Mags) and/or child that should not be heard (or seen, in the case of Shrek's spoogedrop, Mr. ULY) ... would own the right to overrun any meeting space ever attempted. Thankfully, the right of speech has boundaries -------------> the First Amendment recognizes this and limits itself to immunity from Congressional legislation. It leaves private clubs alone. Kudos to the founding fathers for getting that part right.

Quote:
UncleZook wrote:
Listen closely and repeat after me ... a private club sets its own standards of censorship.

Universal Spectrum is following the same deceptive path trod by Nexus and Avalon before it. It is certainly becoming a private club, much like the secret societies (Bilderbergers, Opus Dei, Freemasons, etc.) run by the ruling sociopaths that dominate us. Those private clubs also set their own standards, which include bribery, blackmail, terrorism, and murder.

When private clubs start affecting nonmembers lives in nontrivial ways, then they should be obliterated. It boggles the mind that you would compare Universal Spectrum (or other such forums) ... to the Bilderbergers. Even prevarication has its rational limits, e.g. before transmogrifying into navel-gazing and nose-picking, and unfathomable stupidity.

:jest:

Quote:
Justifying censorship is just another step down that dark path. I am sorry to see you slipping to the Dark Side, Zook. Perhaps, like the fictional Darth Vader, you will realize your error before it is too late.

The folly of this world is not the many fools in it ... but the rare wise man beset by fools and forced to defend himself. I suppose I could just go elsewhere, still someone must take care of the weeds else the garden will get overrun.

Pax

ps: If I had owned this forum, you can rest assured I would halt the chase and load every navel-gazing ne'er'-do-well in a tree bucket and cut the cord. Of course, then I would be here all by myself <--------------- which still is a far better situation for truths than what exists now. Then again, my singular avuncular presence would attract many genuine truthseekers and solve the dilemma ... if not, I could always leave my posts behind for generations to come.

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:20 am

Quote:
someone must take care of the weeds else the garden will get overrun.

I can't believe how Self-righteousness you are - it's hilarious.

Quote:
Then again, my singular avuncular presence would attract many genuine truthseekers and solve the dilemma

do you type one-handed while touching yourself ?

Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:26 am
Site Admin

UncleZook wrote:
The paucity of intellectual process is evident in Chico's moronic ramblings.

Lots of ad hominem disrespect in your post, Zook, most of which I haven't quoted. Do you consider that signal or noise?

UncleZook wrote:
This right of free association trumps any right of speech.

Exactly how did you determine that?

All rights have limits, so your shallow argument about overtalking any meeting is essentially worthless, especially when examples like the filibuster provide interesting contrast.

UncleZook wrote:
When private clubs start affecting nonmembers lives in nontrivial ways, then they should be obliterated.

Does that also apply to treating members in nontrivial ways, for example, unwarranted banning or censorship?

Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:27 am
Site Admin

Talk Shit wrote:
do you type one-handed while touching yourself ?

If I had been drinking when I read that, it would have been a real mess. Touché! :lol:

Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:30 am

UncleZook wrote:
The paucity of intellectual process is evident in Chico's moronic ramblings.

Lots of ad hominem disrespect in your post, Zook, most of which I haven't quoted. Do you consider that signal or noise?

A mixture of signal and noise. The signal is to edify those that stumble upon this wasteland of alternative media space. The noise is my reactive temper to the many proactive tampers initiated by the resident riff raff.

Quit being binary ... you hypocrite.

Quote:
UncleZook wrote:
This right of free association trumps any right of speech.

Exactly how did you determine that?

By observing reality. If it had been the other way around, I could set camp outside your house and blare rap music into the ether at jet plane engine decibels ... but I can't, because the neighborhood collective won't long allow it. The right of free association has no such philosophical proscriptions, although the legal code proscribes association of pedophiles with the pediatric; of abusing husbands with wives who've taken out restraining orders;
of collusion between competing market interests to stifle competition; etc.

Observe reality a bit more closely, Chico, and you'll not get sucked into that simpleton's mediocrity which extends ongoing legitimacy to proven apparitions like Assange, Wikileaks, Anonymous, Pilger, Fisk, Lendman, Zinn, Correa, Chavez, the American voting system, Prop 37, etc. etc.

Quote:
All rights have limits, so your shallow argument about overtalking any meeting is essentially worthless, especially when examples like the filibuster provide interesting contrast.

Yes, and the right of free speech has more limits than the right of free association. The filibuster is an example of codified accommodation in a legislative political setting ... try filibustering in the street with your blaster on at half-past midnight (and in the absence of codified accommodation) ... and be ready for any challenges from the neighborhood mob.

Quote:
UncleZook wrote:
When private clubs start affecting nonmembers lives in nontrivial ways, then they should be obliterated.

Does that also apply to treating members in nontrivial ways, for example, unwarranted banning or censorship?

I can't believe anyone with intellectual process can't grasp a simple concept. What part of free association does not penetrate? A private club is entitled to whatever it wants to do in its space ... with or without rhyme or reason. Anything short of that is a corruption of the concept of privacy.

All those excommunicated had a choice to abide the city charter ... and chose to test the city limits ... and were given the test results.

Pax

ps: A brain is a terrible thing to waste, Chico. And in UP, you have assembled quite the menagerie of wasted minds. If it's all right with you, I'll claim the single exception to the rule.

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:12 pm

Who the hell wants to post transparency in a Private Club? I am speaking to the common Man. Man can access information from around the globe to attain equality!. This is a Liberty!

What you propose (private club) is exactly what is happening with our Intelligent agencies! Privacy then stands for secrecy, hierarchy, pathology, rendition, blame, politics, Ponerology!

The tenets of Life, Liberty and happiness are founded in equality!

Equality in this medium starts with Transparency. Guided by Ehtics. Morality. Basic human connection and consumption.

It would make me sick to think, that only "certain" people could access information. And that people are restricted from subscription! This is not equality! I need a place like this to allow for Dialogue. I need open information! Not censored, contrived, manipulated data. Much less that these deviations are being Hidden Handed in secrecy! Or there someones own personal Drama they are afraid to confront!
Now to make things worse, these "Boards" Tune/Noise is based on the foundations of Liberty. WTF is that bullshit? So in a sense all conclusions, discussions are based upon a False premise! Theres some Quantum Grammar for you...

A false premise that is concealed, buried, distracted and erased from Extrapolation! It is a Lie...
By virtue of deed, heed and in the name of humanity, these exploits, these nefarious operations must stop!

Now, the guider/guiders of the "Board" must inherently know these things. And not only Know these things, but must be taking action to Protect "these things".
This is what is meant by Vigilance. Its a midnight oil, that has to remain lit, as its always trying to go out.

I am a Moderator....

Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:54 pm
Site Admin

UncleZook wrote:

The signal versus noise binary came from you, UncleZook. It would be hypocritical to assign it to me and then call me a hypocrite.

UncleZook wrote:
By observing reality. (...) The right of free association has no such philosophical proscriptions, although the legal code proscribes association of pedophiles with the pediatric; of abusing husbands with wives who've taken out restraining orders; of collusion between competing market interests to stifle competition; etc.

So you contradict yourself immediately and voluntarily! There are plenty of "proscriptions" concerning the right of free association, and you have listed some.

UncleZook wrote:
Yes, and the right of free speech has more limits than the right of free association.

I'm not convinced of that at all, and I'm not convinced counting "limits" has any relevance to justifying unwarranted censorship in a "private club" that claims to support free speech, as forums do.

UncleZook wrote:
I can't believe anyone with intellectual process can't grasp a simple concept. What part of free association does not penetrate? A private club is entitled to whatever it wants to do in its space ... with or without rhyme or reason.

Sorry, that's not true, and you have even given us three examples above. And I gave you examples of secret societies doing prohibited things. I suggest it is your intellectual process that is challenged here.

UncleZook wrote:
ps: A brain is a terrible thing to waste, Chico. And in UP, you have assembled quite the menagerie of wasted minds. If it's all right with you, I'll claim the single exception to the rule.

It's all right by me, but you're not doing yourself any favors.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:43 pm

Quote:
I could set camp outside your house and blare rap music into the ether at jet plane engine decibels

Spookie this is what you do here, but you know what, this neighborhood collective allows it and enjoys it because you just keep coming back with more of your shitty rap which in turn just provides more entertainment.

Thanks dude.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:59 pm

UncleZook wrote:

The signal versus noise binary came from you, UncleZook. It would be hypocritical to assign it to me and then call me a hypocrite.

Yes, it originated from me, but I'm allowed ... for in my world, both binary and polynary thinking are legitimate pursuits. By contrast, your standard does not permit the binary, e.g. short of ridicule. You are then obliged to abide your standard, or become a hypocrite. Your choice had been noted. Hypocrite.

Quote:
UncleZook wrote:
By observing reality. (...) The right of free association has no such philosophical proscriptions, although the legal code proscribes association of pedophiles with the pediatric; of abusing husbands with wives who've taken out restraining orders; of collusion between competing market interests to stifle competition; etc.

So you contradict yourself immediately and voluntarily! There are plenty of "proscriptions" concerning the right of free association, and you have listed some.

I have listed some legal exceptions to the right of free association, and those tally far in excess of the philosophical exceptions to the same right.

As legal exceptions go, the right of free association appears to have fewer exceptions than the right of free speech, e.g. which is diminished by libel laws, noise laws, security laws (yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theatre), etc.

As philosophical exceptions go, the right of free association has fewer exceptions (a child' being prohibited from interacting with a stranger is the only exception I can think of) than the right of free speech.

Immediate and voluntary contradiction?? You're fishing as you usually do when you lack counterarguments.

Quote:
UncleZook wrote:
Yes, and the right of free speech has more limits than the right of free association.

I'm not convinced of that at all, and I'm not convinced counting "limits" has any relevance to justifying unwarranted censorship in a "private club" that claims to support free speech, as forums do.

Universal has never claimed to support free speech. Another one of your many lies/innuendo/strawmen pushed in place to prepare the flog. As it were.

If the implied charter ain't grabbed your faculties and squeezed them, then perhaps we should write an explicit charter making it very clear that junk speech - like you find in abundance at other forums and certainly here at United - will not be tolerated. Not Universal's mandate to babysit the meek of mind. Ergo, there's no such fool's sanctuary and shibboleth as "Unwarranted censorship!" at Universal. We tend to dispatch the time-wasters as they arrive without much ballyhoo, barenaked girls in a birthday cake, or other such fanfare.

Quote:
UncleZook wrote:
I can't believe anyone with intellectual process can't grasp a simple concept. What part of free association does not penetrate? A private club is entitled to whatever it wants to do in its space ... with or without rhyme or reason.

Sorry, that's not true, and you have even given us three examples above. And I gave you examples of secret societies doing prohibited things. I suggest it is your intellectual process that is challenged here.

Leave it to Beavers ... and the morons of mediocrity to confuse three examples of exceptions as examples of the rule. Leave it to the same morons to confuse tyrannical, threatening, panSpatial, powermad, mendacious, manipulative, murderous secret societies ... with private clubs that live in their own space and have no desire for power or control over others.

As that assbutt gasgut excitator of granite gargoyles (and eunuch intellect when he's not drumming up noise someplace somewhere) Magamud has been heard to say ... Ridonkulous!!

But I can see value in the equation of the fanged Bilderbergers with the toothless private clubs ... at least from the perspective of innuendo artists. Death by a thousand suggestions gets it done just as surely as death by a thousand tickles. Wot?

I hereby nominate a name change for United People -------- > Innuendo Junction. InnJun for short. I don't think
www.innjun.com has been taken yet, Chico. Hurry, hop on that charging hippo and stake your claim!

Quote:
UncleZook wrote:

It's all right by me, but you're not doing yourself any favors.

That's quite all right. This popsicle joint is an exceptional space ... an exception to the crown of insanity that is forced upon the self-proclaimed solitary sage (in the other spaces). Here, one can only be king if one is solitary, sagacious, and sane.

Pax Coronas

Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:54 pm
Site Admin

UncleZook wrote:
Universal has never claimed to support free speech.

Given your lofty position at Universal Spectrum, I suggest you get it posted front and center that Universal Spectrum does NOT support free speech, that all posts are subject to edits or deletion, that entire threads can disappear at the discretion of the ruling tyrants, that members can be banned without just cause at any time, and that all of this is justified because Universal Spectrum is a private club, which overrides any rights past, current, or future members think they have.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next