Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Nexus - censoring history 
Site Admin

Post Re: Nexus - censoring history
And when I say King Richard has punched us all in the nose, I don't just mean United People members. I mean everyone that has ever had anything to do with Nexus.

I was reading some old posts over at Atticus1, where they were criticizing Nexus for banning Popeye (dsimon or david simone), and praising Atticus for tolerating "spammers" like Andywight and Chicodoodoo. Of course, that was dsimon himself doing the criticizing, so the bias was obvious to me, though dsimon apparently thought he had an airtight argument. :lol:

Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:58 am

:lol:
Nice find. Time can usually exhume the truth of a matter. Its difficult to even read that link as the hypocrisy is hard to bear. Peoples certainty sure can bite them on the Ass. And their poor integrity, washed away like a Castle made of sand. They could always just come back and say they were wrong, lick their wounds and start using those atom smasher minds in the right direction? I dont know. I could be wrong. But when I see liberty and tyranny I am going to jump in. Its not necessarily the ending that matters, but the journey itself.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:56 pm
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
Peoples certainty sure can bite them on the Ass. And their poor integrity, washed away like a Castle made of sand.

Here's another example of that. This might be a bit off-topic, unless Raggin once joined Nexus, and I suspect he probably did. His kind are always looking for a stage to perform on.

If you read through that short thread, you will see Raggin lasted for only 12 posts before Carol, the administrator at The Mists Of Avalon, banned his foul mouth permanently. During his short stay at the Mists, he did take the opportunity to publicly complain about being kicked out of United People, painting himself as a poor victim (when he was really part of the wrecking crew GW assembled to take down UP). He was quick with the big lies, too, saying he was banned by me from UP for what he posted at the Mists! He piled it on even higher by calling me "a cruel and controlling tormentor." Poor thing.... :lol:

Given that Raggin was tolerated for 82 posts at UP, and only 12 at the Mists, what should we conclude?

Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:51 am

Yes the Mysts has the red ban button too. They just deleted a post due to offensive behavior. IDK, it is very bad out there. It comes down to the severity of serving liberty imho. Cherishing its foundations and espousing its wisdom. It must come first before things. When its time to limit the liberty being given it should have some due process involved to explain its boundaries. This is the basics of education...

Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:48 pm
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
When its time to limit the liberty being given it should have some due process involved to explain its boundaries.

And the due process must be just, transparent, correctable, and supported by high consensus. All of those things are often ignored (both Nexus and Avalon come immediately to mind).

Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:32 pm

The only due process over at the Laugh Factory called Zookless Nexus was their sham of behind closed congressional doors suckling each others dribble diatribe like some sycophant incestuous gang bang. They had no balls to even justify their banning to the plebs because they could not be bothered. More like no argument to explain the obtuse hierarchy of Fascism spewing in each others face. Zook the speaker of the house that was, muppet marionette of the dictator, fool of the queen, and liar to the public. What a disgrace. Off with his head!

:jest:

Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:15 pm
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
Zook the speaker of the house that was, muppet marionette of the dictator, fool of the queen, and liar to the public. What a disgrace. Off with his head!

:lol: You do make me laugh at times, Mags -- thanks!

Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:17 pm

magamud wrote:
Peoples certainty sure can bite them on the Ass. And their poor integrity, washed away like a Castle made of sand.

Here's another example of that. This might be a bit off-topic, unless Raggin once joined Nexus, and I suspect he probably did. His kind are always looking for a stage to perform on.

If you read through that short thread, you will see Raggin lasted for only 12 posts before Carol, the administrator at The Mists Of Avalon, banned his foul mouth permanently. During his short stay at the Mists, he did take the opportunity to publicly complain about being kicked out of United People, painting himself as a poor victim (when he was really part of the wrecking crew GW assembled to take down UP). He was quick with the big lies, too, saying he was banned by me from UP for what he posted at the Mists! He piled it on even higher by calling me "a cruel and controlling tormentor." Poor thing.... :lol:

Given that Raggin was tolerated for 82 posts at UP, and only 12 at the Mists, what should we conclude?

UP is more conducive to noise and a lower signal/noise ratio. <----------- one meaningful conclusion.

Low S/N ratios are pointers not to freedom speech, but to the freedom of sounds.

The functional censorship of speech by the expansion of noise and sound, as it were.

The removal of visible boundaries on sounds ... and the imposition of invisible bounds on speech.

Pax Cognitas

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:30 pm
Site Admin

UncleZook wrote:
UP is more conducive to noise and a lower signal/noise ratio. <----------- one meaningful conclusion.

I'm not sure that's a meaningful conclusion, but it fits what we've come to expect from UncleZook, namely gatekeeping. Other potential conclusions might be greater tolerance at UP, greater freedom of speech at UP, greater liberty at UP, greater transparency at UP, less hierarchy at UP, less oppressive authority at UP, less deception at UP, and less manipulation at UP.

But at least you made a stab at answering the question. Bravo.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:40 pm

UncleZook wrote:

I'm not sure that's a meaningful conclusion, but it fits what we've come to expect from UncleZook, namely gatekeeping. Other potential conclusions might be greater tolerance at UP,

One of the great truthseekers of our generation (and here, modesty prevents me from mentioning his name) ... has already been suspended once. <----------- that fact alone is proof of UP's intolerance.

Quote:
greater freedom of speech at UP,

Your inability or refusal to distinguish signal from noise, preferring to call them both elements of speech ... then
ramping up the noise and declaring an expansion of speech at UP ... is not just legerdemain ... it's the death of the critical mind. Making false equation of the rights of the speaker with the rights of the yodeler ... is not much different from confusing the rights of the criminal with the rights of the law-abiding. Muddled minds, mediocre minds, and the merchants of mendacity ... all pursue false equations.

Quote:
greater liberty at UP

This popsicle joint has dropped the principles, the truth pursuits, the philosopher kings and the pundit proles ... given all that, liberty is just another word for nothing left to hold.

Quote:
, greater transparency at UP, less hierarchy at UP, less oppressive authority at UP, less deception at UP, and less manipulation at UP.

Greater transparency??
Ok, then, trans appear, Heebert. ;)

Less hierarchy??
Perhaps ... but a more corrupted plane we'd be hardpressed to locate. Wot?

Less oppressive authority??
TH, Canzirka, LoveandGrats, NorthernBoy <-------- These all can provide legitimate grievances against the sole authority here, I'm sure. Heck, I'm still here, and I can attest to the oppression of genuine truthseekers here.

Less deception/Less manipulation??
Smile ... you're on candid camera! Seriously Chico (dude dude), one of the main pillars of deception/ manipulation is innuendo ... and where can one find more innuendo than at Innuendo Junction? Why ... Is there an innuendo warehouse nearby?

Quote:
But at least you made a stab at answering the question. Bravo.

The Sword of Damocles doesn't stab, Chico ... it drops and chops the question.

Pax

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next