Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
andywight -- busted! 
Site Admin

Post andywight -- busted!
I have said many times that I can be fooled. Non-sociopaths are trusting by nature, and I am no exception. It's not all bad being fooled, because you can learn so much from the experience. For example, the abundance of deception and manipulation in the world inexorably led me to study the psychology of sociopaths, and it has been worth it, despite the scars I picked up along the way.

Andywight fooled me, and with expert skill. It makes sense that I would be a juicy target. What greater "win" could a hard-core, game-playing sociopath hope for than deceiving and manipulating a serious student of sociopathy? With the advantage of hindsight, I must admit that his plan was well executed. Friendly chit-chat at first, disarming charm, and then the flattering hook -- Andy confided in me that my posts at Avalon had helped him realize that his lawyer wife was a sociopath. He never told anyone else (he said), but his wife had thrown a cast iron pan at him, which hit him in the head and knocked him down the outside stairs leading up to his house! I was horrified to hear that -- a cast iron pan to the head can do some serious damage! In hindsight, I can see how Andy used my empathy against me. Andy then described how his wife had just stared at him with cold, expressionless eyes, waiting to see how he would react. Yes, just like a sociopath would, so it must be true. But what about the injury? How were you still conscious? No need for distracting details, as that was the end of the story, because that's all that was needed to produce the desired manipulation. Andy was now becoming a friend. I didn't know it then, but the story was likely a fabrication, one of many that would be used to pull me into Andy's confidence, like a fly to a hungry spider.

And we're just getting started...

Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:06 pm

Post Re: andywight -- busted!
Well, the story may indeed be a fabrication ... but if it is not, the cast iron pan is certainly one explanation for the quality of Andy's postings. Of course, I had it wrong, myself. I assumed it was a fourth-floor piano drop on a winch malfunction or something.

Pax

ps: Anyways, welcome aboard, Chico. My discernment picked up Banana Boy and his shenanigans pretty early on, e.g. at the beginning of the Banning For Dollars thread. Better discernment would've saved you several wasted years.

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:11 pm

Come on guys, this is hardly fair now is it?

There's only two of you, you'll need to get more people if you plan on taking me on!!! :lol:

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:16 pm
Site Admin

Here's another Andy con that sucked me in. Andy sent me a link to some imitation army pants he was buying for himself on-line for around $17 a pair. I mentioned I could get the real thing from local soldiers for $2 a pair. Andy suddenly got really enthusiastic, swearing he could sell those pants for $90 a pair in the Bahamas! A business deal was born. I put together a package of seven pair and shipped them off to Andy, with visions of big profits split between the two of us, even if we only got $45 a pair. To make a long, ever-changing story short, Andy never sold any. New excuses kept popping up as to why, probably all lies. Finally, I asked that he reimburse my actual expenses of $5 a pair and keep all the pants. He did so, which I think was his plan all along. It sure beats $17 a pair for cheap, imitation army pants!

"Thanks, Chico, for allowing me to con you!"

Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:28 am
Site Admin

Well, Andy has just given me until midnight to remove his "private info" (isn't that rich!) from the forum, or he's going to call in the ATF and Homeland Security on me! This is the typical kind of threat that sociopaths often employ when they are being exposed. I recognize it well. I wonder why Andy is so upset?

Oh, right. I guess if Andy's wife reads about the frying pan story he fed me, the jig would really be up!

Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:45 am

Here's another Andy con that sucked me in. Andy sent me a link to some imitation army pants he was buying for himself on-line for around $17 a pair. I mentioned I could get the real thing from local soldiers for $2 a pair. Andy suddenly got really enthusiastic, swearing he could sell those pants for $90 a pair in the Bahamas! A business deal was born. I put together a package of seven pair and shipped them off to Andy, with visions of big profits split between the two of us, even if we only got $45 a pair. To make a long, ever-changing story short, Andy never sold any. New excuses kept popping up as to why, probably all lies. Finally, I asked that he reimburse my actual expenses of $5 a pair and keep all the pants. He did so, which I think was his plan all along. It sure beats $17 a pair for cheap, imitation army pants!

"Thanks, Chico, for allowing me to con you!"

You got me there Chico! although you seem to have conveniently forgotten to mention the air freight from Florida to the Bahamas and the 50% import duty that I paid which also include the cost of shipping.

And you accuse me of painting myself into a corner! :lol:

So lets do the math as Chicodoodoo seems a little challenged in this department!

Chico's costs:

5x$2.00=$10.00
$20 shipping to Florida.
Refunded $30.00
Total cost=$00.00

My costs:

$25.00 shipping to the Bahamas
Import duty $10.00+$25.00x50%=$17.50
Customs fee $10.00
Stamp Tax $5.00
Refund to Chico $30.00
Total cost=$87.50

JFTR, The pants I ordered were the real deal Chico, I have no idea why would say they weren't, maybe to add to the BS drama?

Also the exact figures might be a little different as I didn't really pay much attention as it's pocket change and a few months past.

So the real question we should be asking here is, have you lost your fucking mind Chico?

Last edited by andywight on Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:23 am

Well, Andy has just given me until midnight to remove his "private info" (isn't that rich!) from the forum, or he's going to call in the ATF and Homeland Security on me! This is the typical kind of threat that sociopaths often employ when they are being exposed. I recognize it well. I wonder why Andy is so upset?

Oh, right. I guess if Andy's wife reads about the frying pan story he fed me, the jig would really be up!

So I can take that as a no?

Last edited by andywight on Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:26 am

Andywight fooled me, and with expert skill. It makes sense that I would be a juicy target. What greater "win" could a hard-core, game-playing sociopath hope for than deceiving and manipulating a serious student of sociopathy? With the advantage of hindsight, I must admit that his plan was well executed. Friendly chit-chat at first, disarming charm, and then the flattering hook -- Andy confided in me that my posts at Avalon had helped him realize that his lawyer wife was a sociopath. He never told anyone else (he said), but his wife had thrown a cast iron pan at him, which hit him in the head and knocked him down the outside stairs leading up to his house! I was horrified to hear that -- a cast iron pan to the head can do some serious damage! In hindsight, I can see how Andy used my empathy against me. Andy then described how his wife had just stared at him with cold, expressionless eyes, waiting to see how he would react. Yes, just like a sociopath would, so it must be true. But what about the injury? How were you still conscious? No need for distracting details, as that was the end of the story, because that's all that was needed to produce the desired manipulation. Andy was now becoming a friend. I didn't know it then, but the story was likely a fabrication, one of many that would be used to pull me into Andy's confidence, like a fly to a hungry spider.

And we're just getting started...

This is personal information of mine that was shared with the owner/administrator of this forum in private.

I would like this information removed immediately, and find it chilling that you feel this kind of behavior acceptable.

Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:06 am
Site Admin

After all the research, discussion, and debate that I've done on sociopaths over the past four years, I've learned that there are three ways to deal with sociopaths.

1. Expose them -- publicly identify them as sociopaths so others will know what they are dealing with.

2. Tit for tat -- the only reaction that sociopaths acknowledge and respect.

3. Disengage -- cut off all contacts with the sociopath.

Identifying sociopaths is critical. I have long argued that publicly identifying sociopaths is the first step to solving our major problems. Sociopaths rule. They run our world. They do so behind a mask of normalcy. They are wolves in sheep's clothing, and that's a primary reason why they succeed so spectacularly at deceiving and manipulating us.

I would argue that tit for tat is not a prominent human behavior. Most of us are kind, caring, and generous people, full of empathy for others. We typically do not employ the tit for tat strategy amongst ourselves. Sociopaths do, however, and it is the primary method of social interaction that they acknowledge, employ, and respect.

As non-sociopaths, we want to be generous and forgive those that trespass against us. Ironically, this is the worst thing we can do when dealing with sociopaths! We have been encouraged to think "forgiveness" for a reason, because it works to the advantage of the sociopaths. They are the ones that tell us, through their old control structure of religion, to "turn the other cheek", "render unto Caesar what is Caesar's", and "forgive". This concept of forgiveness is in direct opposition to the concept of justice. Human evil comes from sociopaths. We must not forgive evil. Ever. To do so only allows evil to flourish. That is another reason why sociopaths rule, because we continually forgive them for their trespasses, rather than exacting justice.

Finally, we must disengage from sociopaths. This is part of the reason why identifying sociopaths is so important. If we interact with them, we will be deceived and manipulated. That is what sociopaths do with such skill and precision. Non-sociopaths are no match for them, if we falsely believe they are empathetic creatures like us. They are not. They have no empathy. They see us only as pawns in their game.

Identify and disqualify -- that has been my suggested solution for the problem of sociopaths at the national level. Disqualifying sociopaths from positions of power and control is a form of disengagement. It will be a natural consequence of identifying sociopaths, as the threat they represent to truth, freedom, and equality cannot be underestimated. Likewise, on the local level, for instance the forum level, identifying the sociopath will naturally benefit all non-sociopaths. Admitting that we have been fooled is a small price to pay for the larger benefit to the common good. Andy fooled me, for a long time, and quite thoroughly. It can happen to any non-sociopath. And that brings up an important corollary. Sociopaths have an innate ability to recognize each other. Those among us that easily recognize sociopaths are likely sociopaths themselves. Keep that in mind (Zook).

Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:02 am
Site Admin

andywight wrote:
This is personal information of mine that was shared with the owner/administrator of this forum in private.

I would like this information removed immediately, and find it chilling that you feel this kind of behavior acceptable.

Personal information, shared in private? You mean like this? So you freely and shamelessly practice the very same behavior that you condemn me for?

:lol:

Sorry, Andy. Tit for tat.

Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 128 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next