Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
Russian Times 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 5:11 pm
Posts: 1400
Reply with quote
Post Re: Russian Times
UncleZook wrote:
ps2: Your friend is derailing yet another thread, Chico ... are you going to play Nero's fiddle yet again.

If you think I'm chomping at the bit to censor anyone, you are sadly mistaken.


Censure and censor are different things, Chico. Perhaps you need another dictionary. The one you're currently using is not fit for debate other than with riff raff.

Quote:
Magamud started a thread about a plan to encrypt half the Internet as a defense against pervasive government surveillance. This plan is coming from the founder of Megaupload, a foreign company that the U.S. government illegally raided and shut down last year. The first response to this subject came from you:

UncleZook wrote:
Sex should be entirely free and consensual

And you have the gall to ask me to censor someone for derailing a thread?


Informing a thread is not the same as derailing it. The commerce of sex is one of the things that made Kim Dotcom a bunch of coin. Conflict of interest, e.g. making money, especially from what normal society considers illicit activity ... reduces his argument of persecution ... and invites the argument of prosecution. Add to that issues of piracy and copyright infringement ... and the boy with the XL+ size of emperor's robes is naked as the day he came into this world.

In any event, my first response was to question the integrity of Megaupload's founder ... which is germane to the discussion. Unlike you, I recognize the intimate bond between the message and the messenger. If a known thief professes innocence; then that thief's innocence is less credible than had an unknown individual made the same statement of innocence. The latter still has the credibility and accorded innocence of someone yet to be proven guilty for a first time. A rap sheet is something that follows a person around. Those that dismiss the rap sheet do so at the loss of information and understand things from a lesser narrative. Which is what an adversarial system of justice, e.g. one that is not interested in actual justice, allows ... for the adversarial system caters to monied interests and not those interested in justice. Here, a rational system of justice cannot take such shortcuts.

Not only do I not have gall in my remarks ... but I haven't even asked you to censor anybody. Again, censure is a different word with a different meaning. You chose the incorrect homonym because you have a retarded sense of friendship with a half-man half-banana, whole punk. And United Peeps has been damaged by this unnatural association. So what else is new?

Quote:
You should know my history when it comes to fighting censorship and defending free speech. Perhaps you've forgotten that I was banned from Avalon for highlighting the censorship Bill Ryan practiced there, and similarly silenced at Nexus for criticizing the tyranny of King Richard. Nor did Atticus appreciate my exposure of his psychological deviancy on his forum, with the usual result. So if you think I am inclined to censor anyone for something as trivial as "derailing a thread", you would be operating under a mistaken impression. I started this forum so that there would be neither censorship nor dictator here. I have no desire to deviate from that course.


I'll tell you what ... why don't you take out a real dictionary. Or even an online one that has fidelity wit the English language, like the following:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/censure

beginExcerpt

1cen·sure
noun \ˈsen(t)-shər\
Definition of CENSURE
1
: a judgment involving condemnation
2
archaic : opinion, judgment
3
: the act of blaming or condemning sternly
4
: an official reprimand
See censure defined for English-language learners »
See censure defined for kids »

end



Quote:
I respectfully suggest that you examine where your strong impulses to lynch forum members come from. You have been so well programmed in the practice of persecuting others in the service of the elitists (Bill Ryan, Richard, etc.) that it has become almost a Pavlovian response for you. Please, show a little empathy and put yourself in others' shoes, if that is possible. Do not do to others what you would not want done to yourself. All members can bring value to this forum, including you. No member behaves flawlessly here, including me. So let's not be so insistent to "hang 'em high".


Prevarication 101 ---> slide the blame from the offending party and lay it on the offended.

FWIW, there was no mischief in my original post in this thread. There was pointed mischief in Andy's first post. You can't dance around that fact unless you're wearing a white pant, a white shirt, and a white coat ... either in a psychiatric ward with the buttons on the back ... or in a morrisdance, with buttons in the brain. Methinx you're morrisdancing again, Chico.


Pax

_________________
Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.


Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:13 am
Profile

Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 5:40 pm
Posts: 2156
Reply with quote
Post Re: Russian Times
UncleZook wrote:


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megaupload

beginExcerpt

Company and services

The company's registered office is in Room 1204, on the 12th floor of the Shanghai Industrial Investment Building in Wan Chai, Hong Kong.[10][11]

The company web services included: (a) Megaupload.com, a one-click hosting service; (b) Megapix.com, an image hosting; (c) Megavideo.com and Megalive.com, video hosting services; (d) Megabox.com, a music hosting service; and (e) Cum.com, hosting for pornographic content (formerly Megaporn, Megarotic and Sexuploader). Other services included Megaclick, Megafund, Megakey and Megapay, all of which were advertisement and financial services. Two additional services, Megabackup and Megamovie, were in development before their closure.[12]

end


Racketeering?? Not my point of contention.

Porn peddler?? My point of contention and ... hell ya!

Thank you UncleZook, that wasn't so hard was it, although I find it odd that you can display such jubilation from the simple parroting of information presented from a proven asset of the ruling elite!

Now all that's left unanswered is for you to explain how I was derailing Mag's topic by asking you for evidence to your accusations against Kim Dotcom! :D

_________________
Think twice before you speak, especially if you intend to say what you think.

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!


Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:35 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 10:33 pm
Posts: 4156
Reply with quote
Post Re: Russian Times
Zook,
Your point is taken, but do you have any Tact?

As I understand it, people were using Megas servers to peddle porn and copyright. He does not deny this, as this is the consequence of Freedom and the Crux of the argument.

I want freedom and then deal with its consequences because I would rather Trust humanity then Control it.

This is more to the point with your blind spot analogy...

_________________
Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.


Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:44 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 5:40 pm
Posts: 2156
Reply with quote
Post Re: Russian Times
magamud wrote:

This is more to the point with your blind spot analogy...

"Blind spot analogy" You're to kind to our resident gatekeeper mags, I see more of an agender here from UncleShill.

This is not the first time we've witnessed him aline himself with USA goverment or multinational corparation policy!

_________________
Think twice before you speak, especially if you intend to say what you think.

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!


Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:40 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 10:33 pm
Posts: 4156
Reply with quote
Post Re: Russian Times
Quote:
This is not the first time we've witnessed him aline himself with USA goverment or multinational corparation policy!


To much of a grey area between a paid shill and human frailty/idiocy, but i appreciate the warning...

_________________
Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.


Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:47 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 6:06 pm
Posts: 10772
Reply with quote
Post Re: Russian Times
UncleZook wrote:
Censure and censor are different things, Chico.

You can do censure yourself, as can any one of us. Yet you are calling on me, a perceived authority, to take action. Are you asking then for censure, which you can do yourself, or censoring, which is a power of the administrator that members do not have? How many times have you told us you would load Andy into the bucket and catapult him out of here, meaning censor him? In the meantime, I am censuring you for this hypocrisy, and you are censuring me for poor command of the English language. Don't think the readers here are too undiscerning or unintelligent to notice. If you ask me, it feels like you are busted again.

_________________
It's not that we can't handle the truth. It's that they can't handle us if we know the truth.


Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:31 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 5:11 pm
Posts: 1400
Reply with quote
Post Re: Russian Times
UncleZook wrote:
Censure and censor are different things, Chico.

You can do censure yourself, as can any one of us. Yet you are calling on me, a perceived authority, to take action. Are you asking then for censure, which you can do yourself, or censoring, which is a power of the administrator that members do not have? How many times have you told us you would load Andy into the bucket and catapult him out of here, meaning censor him? In the meantime, I am censuring you for this hypocrisy, and you are censuring me for poor command of the English language. Don't think the readers here are too undiscerning or unintelligent to notice. If you ask me, it feels like you are busted again.


Not at all, Chico.

To censure ... is self-explanatory. There is no confusion with the term, censor.

Readers might want to go through the archives - if they are masochistic - or even just parse through the protracted Banning For Dollars thread ... but they'll be left out in the desert to dry, if they seek even one example of you censuring Andy at any time for any reason.

When you do in fact censure Monkeymunch at some future date yet undetermined - even with a proverbial slap on the wrist - United Peeps will have crossed the Rubicon, entered the Twilight Zone, and squeezed through a Wormhole to enter a fresh spacetime either eons into the future or a googolplex of astronomical units into the yonder field ... in a triplex transcendental experience.

At that point, you may reclaim some of your missing integrity, not before.

Pax

ps: If anyone is curious about the number of times I've been censured (e.g. rebuked) by Chico - with or without just cause - all one has to do is go back to Chico's most recent post in this here thread.

ps2: The hypocrisy and one-sided censuring is self-evident. Heck, I face the prospect of a ban on a semi-regular basis for far less egregious behavior than what Monkeymunch does fairly consistently with an opposable thumb and digging stick.

ps3: The hypocrisy is all yours, my friend. As well as the temerity to suggest otherwise. :jest:

ps4: Chico duly bucketed!

_________________
Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.


Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:21 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 5:11 pm
Posts: 1400
Reply with quote
Post Re: Russian Times
magamud wrote:
Zook,
Your point is taken, but do you have any Tact?


I reserve tact for the tactful. I'm quite Newtonian that way.

Quote:
As I understand it, people were using Megas servers to peddle porn and copyright. He does not deny this, as this is the consequence of Freedom and the Crux of the argument.


Mega's servers promoted porn for profit. It's not a matter of denying or not denying. It's a matter of naked profit, pun intended. Has nothing to do with Freedom or Liberty or Inalienability ... or any other sanctified virtue. Kim Schmitz aka Dotcom's arguments/protestations are purely about the restrictions on his ability to turn vices into monetary valuations.

Quote:
I want freedom and then deal with its consequences because I would rather Trust humanity then Control it.

This is more to the point with your blind spot analogy...


Not at all. The same fovea you have on certain behaviors in this forum and banana forest ... extends to your lack of vision and insight into what it takes to maximize the signal from the ubiquity of noise. You assume that my arguments require government to control the sanitizing machinery ... but my arguments are vectored for plebeian exercise of the sweeping brooms, and plebeian exercise only.

We be the janitors and the chimney sweeps.

This cannot be about trusting humanity. Trusting humanity has not worked and does not work in our current pyramid-structured human organization. That kind of thinking is embedded deep inside the bankster constructed box ... and it keeps us docile, meek and accommodating of the many corruptions.

That leaves control as the outside-the-box-thinking solution. Two choices of control. Centralized, monopolistic authoritarian control versus decentralized distributive plebeian control. The former is tyrannical. The latter allows janitorial functions without any large degree of tyranny. The major problems with Kim Dotcom is scale and design. His scale and design of operation don't allow for decentralized regional controls and restrictions.
Moreover, his Mega operation infuses vices into all communities where company servers reach and doesn't allow those communities to defend the signal, as it were. They are forced to succumb to the noise and die a slow death in the chamber of vices while Kim Dotcom profits.

I will stop it here, otherwise I will have to write a book ... but the crux is this ... businesses cannot be allowed to run roughshod over communities. And this argument is no different from that which condemns governments as they attempt to run roughshod over communities. And the only way that I can think of to keep businesses and governments in check ... is to limit the scale of either operation. Once a threshold size is reached, then both businesses and governments start the irreversible slide into the destruction of free and fair society.

Pax

ps: IMO, most people have a pollyannish understanding of Liberty and what it takes to maximize it in our daily lives. It is now not the time to get lazy in our thinking about this most important meme. It is never the time. And when Patrick Henry once reprotedly said, "Give me Liberty or give me death!" ... I doubt he had characters like Kim Dotcom in mind. I'm confident he was speaking on behalf of the rights of regional community ... and against the legal insurrections made by the national and global interests of his time.

_________________
Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.


Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:09 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 10:33 pm
Posts: 4156
Reply with quote
Post Re: Russian Times
Quote:
It's a matter of naked profit, pun intended. Has nothing to do with Freedom or Liberty or Inalienability ... or any other sanctified virtue

Your restrictions go into what is Vice, sin and illegalities. This starts at home with parents teaching their children. You forgo this whole area and then want to subject regulations.
Whose a pollyanna? This is where the plebeian exercise starts with the family. Whose representing the people?


Quote:
This cannot be about trusting humanity.

Its all about trust and self responsibility. This system has not worked because it is rigged by sociopaths who are the ones who should not be trusted. Your way off centralizing the home dynamic and the internet.

Quote:
And the only way that I can think of to keep businesses and governments in check ... is to limit the scale of either operation. Once a threshold size is reached, then both businesses and governments start the irreversible slide into the destruction of free and fair society.

You have the right idea, but miss much. It starts with the parents regulating their children.

_________________
Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.


Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:47 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 5:40 pm
Posts: 2156
Reply with quote
Post Re: Russian Times
This guy makes a lot of sense!


_________________
Think twice before you speak, especially if you intend to say what you think.

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!


Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:59 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.