Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Uncle Zook -- busted! 
Site Admin

Post Re: Uncle Zook -- busted!
Pintorider wrote:
Well, I like the way Zook writes. And he's good at stimulating thought. And I dig the alliteration.

To each his own. :lol: I like Zook, I don't like the way he writes (too much obfuscation), I do find him good at stimulating thought, and his use of alliteration often takes undue precedence over the communication. But we all have our opinions and faults, me included.

Yes, the clash of personalities on the forums is really something to behold. I was commenting to a different forum administrator that I didn't think anything really innovative could ever come out of a forum, precisely due to the inevitable personality clashes, as well as the type of personalities a forum attracts (often ego-driven). Innovation seems to come from focused individuals who are at odds with the status quo (e.g. Tesla). Design by committee results in too much compromise and scattering. Government is the classic example.

Pintorider wrote:
Zookie, if you're here, kudos to you and I wish I could comment on some of your posts because I read them and I understand even if it takes a few readings.

Your being banned from Universal Spectrum is an injustice, in my opinion. Forums should be open to all "honest" participants. (I know, who defines "honest" -- a high-consensus majority of forum members, in my opinion). You are welcome to start a thread here in order to respond to posts on Universal Spectrum or any other forum where you are blocked. Free speech needs a home, and I intended United People to be such a place. A "private club" like Universal Spectrum is not immune from criticism, nor should it be. No one could criticize Bill Ryan's "house" (Avalon), or Atticus's sycophants on his forum, or Richard's "kingdom" (Nexus), or Universal Spectrum's "private club", without getting permanently banned. That's not a valid reason for banning. But United People is open for criticism.

Speaking of banning, Zook has been suspended three times here already, and my original model calls for the fourth suspension to be permanent. I think that idea needs to be re-examined. No suspension should be permanent. There should be no banning from forums. Temporary suspensions should be sufficient to send the message.

Pintorider wrote:
This person SUCKS! Let me be completely juvenile about it! If Vaj is a guy, I bet he pisses sitting down! There, I got that off my no-chest...

:lol: :lol: I'm glad I could provide you with this opportunity to feel better! Even if I was your target, your criticism should be heard. Why shouldn't it be heard? Shame on forums for permanent bannings. We humans need to grow up.

Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:27 pm

Not to be a smarmy, sniveling sycophant, but I think each of you are amazing both in output and ideas. I can't quite grasp what the basic conflict is between you and Zookie, but it's really none of my business. Nobody is pinching anybody to "take sides" here, as far as I can tell.

I do think there should be room here for Sandy and Canzirka, should they choose. But not Eagle9. You gotta draw a line somewhere. Malignant moral insanity might be one of those lines. :giggle: :giggle:

Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:55 pm
Site Admin

Pintorider wrote:
I can't quite grasp what the basic conflict is between you and Zookie, but it's really none of my business.

No, it is your business. You have the interest, the desire to know. There's nothing wrong with that.

Zook and I are on the same page on a lot of things. We differ on both the details and the basic high-level philosophy. We battle over both. Zook was never suspended here because of his ideas, but because of his disrespectful behavior. And it was done by high-consensus vote of our voting members, Zook being one of them.

Pintorider wrote:
I do think there should be room here for Sandy and Canzirka, should they choose.

There is. Their suspensions were already lifted by high-consensus vote. They can log on as before whenever they want, and are welcome to do so.

Pintorider wrote:
But not Eagle9. You gotta draw a line somewhere. Malignant moral insanity might be one of those lines. :giggle: :giggle:

Well, I don't draw the line, as I'm only one of the voters here that would make the decision to temporarily suspend her, should there be high consensus for that among the voting members. Unless and until that happened, she could certainly post here. If you support free speech, you have to support it all the way. On this forum, that discussion you had with 9eagle9 over horse hooves would run until one of you got tired or gave up. :lol:

Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:26 pm

I better shut up or she'll get after me here in this peaceful colony of bliss and harmony. It's like saying "Candyman" into the mirror three times. I don't want to tempt fate. :o

Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:54 pm
Site Admin

Pintorider wrote:
... in this peaceful colony of bliss and harmony.

No such thing here. As long as members are talking, we've got sparks flying. That's just the nature of truth-seeking. Nobody is seeking truth in a colony of bliss and harmony. Ignorance reigns there, which is why they say ignorance is bliss.

That's just my opinion, of course. You may wish to rock the boat violently in disagreement. :lol:

Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:03 am

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice...

Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:28 am
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice...

I missed seeing that film, so I won't get the joke, or the message. :cry:

Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:32 am

Zook is horridly transparent. His main drive is fawning over his writing, which is pure mysticism or more like a cheap magic trick. And when his deception of half truths are exposed and his behaviors of sociopathy whitewashing the truth illuminated, he retreats in some contrived mea culpa to seed his eventual return when he sees his prey weak and springs the trap. Stupendous stuff...

Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:16 am

It's a shame really...zook is top shelf as far as I'm concerned, yet you all seem threatened by his intellect and thought processes...

I put all your frustrations and complaints down to the fact that you are all angry at the world...can't blame you for that, but you end up dissing any and all who speak their mind and most often in the form of "they must be a sociopath".

I'd sit with you all and happily have a beer...not so sure about Chico though, his incessant display, for some 4 years or so now, on the topic of Sociopaths leads one to question his obsession...it ain't hard to figure out the woes of Humanity in general terms but perhaps Chico suffers from the very ills he so obsessively talks about?

Where's Auntie Ruby? she had a good take on things I thought ;)

Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:13 am

Quote:
zook is top shelf as far as I'm concerned, yet you all seem threatened by his intellect and thought processes...

What would be his "intellect" you fine so top shelf?

Quote:
they must be a sociopath

How do you think "sociopathy" is involved with society?

Quote:
it ain't hard to figure out the woes of Humanity

Care to share the ease of your conclusions?

Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next