Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
A lesson from Janos 
Site Admin

Post A lesson from Janos
I can't tell you how many times I've seen it, but it is very common. The very thing someone criticizes others with is what they themselves are guilty of.

Let me quote an example from the private Members Only area of Nexus. By the way, Nexus, if you are such a proud truth-seeking forum, why is so much of your most important content hidden from the public? Want to be transparent, like United People? Remove Richard, Celine, and the Members Only area. That's all that stands in your way.

Janos wrote:
I see the recent fallout as a summary thusly: Problems were allowed to build (for whatever reason, right, wrong, whatever.) Those problems eventually reached a tipping point, and then tipped over, very violently, upturning the apple cart. Judging by the fact that the overwhelming VAST majority of the membership did not have a singular clue that this was even going on and thought things were hunky dory tell me that maybe this should have been addressed a bit sooner then allowed to build to an explosive force.

But, that's how things usually happens with humans. We allow things to build until we can't take it anymore, then deal with it then, instead of any time prior when it could have actually been resolved in a much less explosive manner. I've come to find that humanity tends to crave drama. Even though most will say they don't. The contrary has been proven time and again.

How quickly we forget. Let's review recent history, Janos. First of all, you played an important role in allowing the problems to build. You see, there were plenty of clues for the membership, but you helped sweep them under the rug. Remember Chicodoodoo? He brought all of the current problems to the forefront of Nexus over two months ago. As a result, you called for his removal from the mod room.

"I've come to find that humanity tends to crave drama." You single-handedly created enormous drama with that moderator recall attempt, attacking the messenger while completely dismissing his message. The message that Chico presented then was as clear as the one Jenci presents now. If you had listened to that message then, things "could have actually been resolved in a much less explosive manner."

Before you give advice, Janos, it might be best if you check first that you have followed it.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]