Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Area 51 Phone Call 

Post Re: Area 51 Phone Call
Audacity recording of BrockBrader's voice:

Compared with the guy on Area 51 Call:

Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:00 pm

You can see that they are likely to be different people.

Notice how BB's voice is quite controlled and follows a set pattern of ups and downs.

What bothers me about the Area 51 recording is why call Art Bell? If you were that panicky would you be thinking straight enough as to think, okay Art Bell will take this seriously and I must call him rather than warn your family?

I don't know. I gues we do strange things in times of stress!

Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:03 pm
Site Admin

What bothers me about the Area 51 recording is why call Art Bell?

One of the memes we've been brainwashed with is to take it to the mainstream media when you want to blow the whistle on something big. Of course, the mainstream media is owned and controlled by the PTB, so effectively you are just playing into their hands.

Clever, aren't they?

Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:11 pm

Compared with the guy on Area 51 Call:

Thank you so much for researching this NG and posting the voice prints. It's how people ought to be doing it rather than posting speculation and innuendos about people.

Facts and the Data to back it up.

I see Celine is here on United People now. I hope Andy comes by for a chat with her. I also hope she'll deposit scans of her lawyer's letters and dated mail receipts of the cease and desist document she sent to GW and will post all this here.

The last I heard, Richard said Celine didn't have to produce data. Her letter to Kerry, and her self-published email, were all the proof Celine needs to make spurious claims against people.

It's apparently all anyone needs these days.

Sincerely,

Mouse

Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:25 pm

Hey Dangermouse, no worries. Least I could do.

As for Celine..it's just a bit more spotlight for this forum celebrity ahem. Perhaps the adoring masses expect it. Like keeping up appearances.

Did someone say poisoned bon boniere?

Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:31 pm
Site Admin

Even if they were saying the exact same thing (which they are not) with the exact same cadence, inflection, amplitude, and emotion, I still not sure you could prove anything using a "voice print".

We've got professional imitators out there that sound very much like the originals, showing how easy it is to fool our ears, as well as how versatile humans can be at imitating others.

Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:48 pm

Well Chico, this comes down to how far you can go to prove something. Can you ever really prove anything? No but you can use probability and your right brain to see the whole picture. I.e. the guy in the Area 51 Call is not stating that he is anybody. He is anonymous. If he had something to gain by impersonating somebody then your theory might be alot more relevant. However, as far as I can tell no one has made any accusations as to the identity of the speaker. I highly doubt Bill Brockbrader could impersonate someone or conceal his real voice for hours and hours of videotape.

I've never heard of a voiceprint so I did a quick google and this came up:

http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/de ... voiceprint

You can get people who can fake signatures too but under scrutiny perhaps only highly trained people do this.

Download audacity and have a play around with other members of your family saying the same thing. I've never done this so the results might be interesting. Plus you can use Audacity 1.3 to record audio off youtube. If anyone's interested, here's how:

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001137.htm

Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:59 pm
Site Admin

I highly doubt Bill Brockbrader could impersonate someone or conceal his real voice for hours and hours of videotape.

That's not what I'm implying.

The evidence for a match improves with the quality of the equipment, and by removing variables from the environment (and the speaker, as mentioned earlier). For instance, the recording of the caller came about after his voice was electronically transmitted and reconstructed through at least a telephone system and a radio broadcast system, and probably through a few other circuits as well. How can you be sure it was accurately reproduced?

Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:11 pm

You can't.

Same as you can't proove anything beyond doubt.

You can use a voice recording as a contributory exhibit to a bundle of evidence - a bundle of evidence that form parts of a jigsaw that allows you to glimpse at a larger picture.

Context is also massively important. If you were using this as evidence against someone who is an expert at suberfuge with a wide knowledge of audio technology then it wouldn't be so reliable.

So, even if you can control for variables it does not explain the unique signature left behind on his voice recording - look at the pattern of Bill Brockbrader's speech - it follows a pattern, the way he expresses himself.

The Area 51 Call doesnt so much, which leads me to believe it is faked. As it doesnt leave behind much of an idiosyncracy as it does when you look at other people's speech patterns.

Also, I think unique signature left behind by an individual is so distinctive then perhaps only a complete master at impersonating others would be able to trick anyway, indeed, voice recognition is used in many security firms:

http://www.kycsecure.com/voice_signatur ... /index.php

Quote:
Individuals are increasingly required to prove their identity, whether in situations where they need to confirm they are who they claim to be when dealing with an existing relationships such as calling their bank, or when establishing a new relationship, such as setting up the bank account.

Voice Signatures rely on the simple precept that an individual's voice is as unique to them as their fingerprint, whatever their nationality, wherever they live. So, by initially verifying the identity of an individual who deposits their voice signature in our TrustCentre and then permanently linking their personal data with their voice signature. That individual can prove their identity quickly and securely using their mobile phone, while at the same time providing the service provider - you - with a high degree of certainty that your customer is who they say they are.

Plus, judging by the literature, the human ear can differientate gender (as would be expected) very well, along with age - difficult things to impersonate.

Plus, say someone had gone to the lengths of transporting the Area 51 Call onto audacity to conceal an identity or impersonate someone then there would be artifacts all over the recording - plus the sound of interference wouldn't be there, as you cannot cut up a recording and perform voice removal actions without altering alot of other things as a by product.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:52 am

You can't.

Same as you can't proove anything beyond doubt.

You can use a voice recording as a contributory exhibit to a bundle of evidence - a bundle of evidence that form parts of a jigsaw that allows you to glimpse at a larger picture.

Context is also massively important. If you were using this as evidence against someone who is an expert at suberfuge with a wide knowledge of audio technology then it wouldn't be so reliable.

So, even if you can control for variables it does not explain the unique signature left behind on his voice recording - look at the pattern of Bill Brockbrader's speech - it follows a pattern, the way he expresses himself.

The Area 51 Call doesnt so much, which leads me to believe it is faked. As it doesnt leave behind much of an idiosyncracy as it does when you look at other people's speech patterns.

Also, I think unique signature left behind by an individual is so distinctive then perhaps only a complete master at impersonating others would be able to trick anyway, indeed, voice recognition is used in many security firms:

http://www.kycsecure.com/voice_signatur ... /index.php

Quote:
Individuals are increasingly required to prove their identity, whether in situations where they need to confirm they are who they claim to be when dealing with an existing relationships such as calling their bank, or when establishing a new relationship, such as setting up the bank account.

Voice Signatures rely on the simple precept that an individual's voice is as unique to them as their fingerprint, whatever their nationality, wherever they live. So, by initially verifying the identity of an individual who deposits their voice signature in our TrustCentre and then permanently linking their personal data with their voice signature. That individual can prove their identity quickly and securely using their mobile phone, while at the same time providing the service provider - you - with a high degree of certainty that your customer is who they say they are.

Plus, judging by the literature, the human ear can differientate gender (as would be expected) very well, along with age - difficult things to impersonate.

Plus, say someone had gone to the lengths of transporting the Area 51 Call onto audacity to conceal an identity or impersonate someone then there would be artifacts all over the recording - plus the sound of interference wouldn't be there, as you cannot cut up a recording and perform voice removal actions without altering alot of other things as a by product.

Wow. You guys are good. I just scratch and find things. You people really know how to dissect the material. Well done. I don't understand a blessed word but well done.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next