Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Sunstein, Wikileaks, Assange ... three clay pigeons ... 

Post Re: Sunstein, Wikileaks, Assange ... three clay pigeons ...
Quote:
Do I have to deconstruct it for you?

:lol:

Quote:
there are more than these four outcomes happening.

I was appreciating the picture.

Quote:
Continuing on, let's just look at his first of four outcomes,

You have absolutely missed the point, and now your going to expound your rhetoric.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:33 am
Site Admin

I could easily have missed the point, Mags, but if I did, others may as well. Please explain what your point was.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:51 am

Ah yes the point...

Zook consolidated a vast amount of reasoning with double agents, cultivating truth and repelling lies into 4 categories.

He was not attempting to give us the unified field theory as you thought he was.
This is evidenced by you trying give us the infinite amount of reasons why it could not be that.

I took it as a nice attempt to paint a picture...

Quote:
Your first clue should be his claim that there are only four possible outcomes in a "multiplicative universe". That's completely absurd. The universe is a big place, and I'm pretty sure there are more than these four outcomes happening.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:04 am
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
Ah yes the point...

I took it as a nice attempt to paint a picture...

That was your point!? Sorry, I guess I expected a little more from you.

Zook presents himself as a sage-like truth-seeker with amazing powers of discernment, who is here to cut down the weeds of falsehood and bring manicured enlightenment to the neighborhood.

And you see him as making a nice attempt to paint a picture, like he's a beginning artist?

You're not seeing any gatekeeping from Zook anymore, like you did back in the "Banning for Dollars" thread? No BS, no oversimplification, no disinformation, no obfuscation, no self-absorption, no disrespect, no denigration, no deception, and no manipulation?

You think that's air you're breathing? Hmm...

Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:42 am

Ok morpheus :lol:

Quote:
You're not seeing any gatekeeping from Zook anymore, like you did back in the "Banning for Dollars" thread? No BS, no oversimplification, no disinformation, no obfuscation, no self-absorption, no disrespect, no denigration, no deception, and no manipulation?

I am following the truth of the thread. My judgments are personal unless otherwise spoken. Banning for dollars and insults in general stand on their own. I dont see it necessary to point them out here.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:54 am

magamud wrote:

I am following the truth of the thread.

So I take it that the credibility of the OP isn't an issue to you?

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:53 am
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
I am following the truth of the thread. My judgments are personal unless otherwise spoken.

Non-committal, are we? What is the truth of the thread?

Morpheus: What is truth?

Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:58 am

Quote:
So I take it that the credibility of the OP isn't an issue to you?

It does...

Quote:
Non-committal, are we? What is the truth of the thread?

Committal would require certainty. As to where the truth is now of the thread IDK, but I did like how Zook framed the Assange type coming from a corrupt system. Or in other words you cannot fix something within the same paradigm type of thing.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:25 pm
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
Committal would require certainty.

Ummm... NO. I commit to doing things all the time without certainty. Repair work often requires commitment without certainty. Computers quit working, and I commit to fixing them even though I may not have any idea what is causing the problem. And I succeed in fixing them, occasionally without any certainty of how I managed it.

I can clearly see that the concepts of certainty and uncertainty as analog entities operating on a sliding scale are still not being comprehended here. The vast majority of things are not binary! They are often broad-spectrum analog. In such a world, binary thinking is mostly wrong.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:50 pm

magamud wrote:
Committal would require certainty.

You're absolutely right, Mags. In the given context of choice, you've chosen not to commit to a truth about the Assange type while you still maintain uncertainty about the Assange type ... which is what a truthseeker is obliged to do.

I think your uncertainty is unwarranted because of the preponderance against the Assange type, but I respect that you do not commit to something that you are uncertain about. Mind you, one can still give an opinion and not commit to it. Indeed, as limited humans with a subjective grasp of most truths, we oft separate our certainties from our uncertainties by referring to the former as facts and the latter as opinions.

Quote:
Ummm... NO. I commit to doing things all the time without certainty. Repair work often requires commitment without certainty. Computers quit working, and I commit to fixing them even though I may not have any idea what is causing the problem. And I succeed in fixing them, occasionally without any certainty of how I managed it.

Mags narrative is about a specific personal choice to commit or not to commit on the facts of the Assange type. Chico shifts this narrative to a generalized theory on commitment without certainty. Classic nontruthseeker prevarication. Atomization of Mags' original specific thought to undifferentiated basic units, from which a new totally unrelated construction is erected. Builders sometimes re-use demolition materials in new constructions. Chico missed his calling. He could've been an accomplished architect.

Quote:
I can clearly see that the concepts of certainty and uncertainty as analog entities operating on a sliding scale are still not being comprehended here. The vast majority of things are not binary! They are often broad-spectrum analog. In such a world, binary thinking is mostly wrong.

Everything in Chico's world is solved by pigeon-holing opponents as binary thinkers. He recognizes that genuine thought is too complicated for his own abilities ... so he tethers two pachyderms and the binary pink hippopotamus to all such thought, e.g. so that the complicated stuff doesn't ascend beyond his personal reach.

Pax To Pachyderms, Pink Hippos, And Inventive Weighted Solutions To Personal Crises

ps: One of these days, I'll right a dissertation on the vacuity in believing that human mind endeavors are something other than an intricate combination of binary thought inputs and outputs. Analog thinkers, we most certainly are not. We are linear processors. Two points define a line. It takes a sigma series of linear translations to get from one endpoint to the other on this defined line. A train doesn't get to its next station by flying over the rails, it negotiates the rails every step of the way. If you need more metaphors to get that concept through that seemingly impenetrable cranium of yours, Chico ... just ask the avuncular guy ... politely.

:jest:

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Last edited by UncleZook on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next