Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Mysteries 
Site Admin

Post Mysteries
Much truth first shows up as mysteries. How many people through the ages have looked up in the night sky and wondered what was up there? For how many centuries has humanity pondered UFOs? What drives science? Mysteries.

The path from questions to answers often starts with mysteries. With a tip of the hat to Rod Serling of Twilight Zone fame, I have three videos to present here that are related to the idea of mysteries. Consider, if you will, the plight of humanity trying to claw its way out of darkness and ignorance. Next stop, the Twilight Zone.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:32 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Mysteries
Quote:
Melting glaciers like Totten directly contribute to sea level rise. Worse, by destroying those near the edge of the continent, masses of ice dammed up behind them are free to flow into the sea.

The icy catchment area of Totten and the EAIS is about the size of Spain. If all of this fell into the ocean, global sea level rise would jump up by 3.5 meters (11.5 feet). -- source

A sea level rise of 11.5 feet would be catastrophic for many coastal areas. I have relatives whose homes would be under water.

But wait! How do we really know if this information is true? Check out some of these reader comments from the same article:

Quote:
11.5 foot rise from an area the size of Spain? I’m sorry, but these scientists must have gone to dumb dumb university. The area of the worlds oceans is 72% of Earth- and what percentage is Spain? Go back and re-program your computers to say more of what you want them to say.

Quote:
Since water expands when freezing, and ice displaces water equal to it’s volume, how does melting ice raise sea levels? If anything it would lower sea levels.

Quote:
totally “anti-physics” to say floating ice after melting elevate the water level ! Try it with a full of water glass and ice cubes! Who is posting that article full of errors? Who is Edmondo Burr?? economics and statistics no physics? How can we believe anything from him?

Remember when we used to just accept "facts" without any kind of critical thinking? Heck, I accepted the 11.5 foot sea level rise with my mind on autopilot, just as I have been brainwashed to do. There was no critical thinking whatsoever taking place, just blind acceptance.

I hate it when I do that!

Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]