Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
The Road Less Traveled 
Site Admin

Post The Road Less Traveled
I'm reading The Road Less Traveled by psychologist M. Scott Peck. The first part of this book deals with truth and is incredibly relevant to the battle Andy and Zook are waging against me. The lengths they have to go to in order to support their deceptions and the ease with which I can affirm the truth are beautifully described on page 63 of the book, which synchronistically, I just read this morning:

Quote:
Yet the rewards of the difficult life of honesty and dedication to the truth are more than commensurate with the demands. By virtue of the fact that their maps are continually being challenged, open people are continually growing people. Through their openness they can establish and maintain intimate relationships far more effectively than most closed people. Because they never speak falsely they can be secure and proud in the knowledge that they have done nothing to contribute to the confusion of the world, but have served as sources of illumination and clarification. Finally, they are totally free to be. They are not burdened by any need to hide. They do not have to slink around in the shadows. They do not have to construct new lies to hide old ones. They need waste no effort covering tracks or maintaining disguises. And ultimately they find that the energy required for the self-discipline of honesty is far less than the energy required for secretiveness. The more honest one is, the easier it is to continue being honest, just as the more lies one has told, the more necessary it is to lie again. By their openness, people dedicated to the truth live in the open, and through the exercise of their courage to live in the open, they become free from fear.

It was only five weeks ago that I said something very similar:

I realize that for sociopaths, appearances are critical. But not for empathetic non-sociopaths. You see the world through sociopath-colored glasses, Zook, because of your particular psychology. It's not your fault, it's just the truth. I see the world through empathy-colored glasses. It's not my fault, it's just the truth. You keep harping on me that my integrity is at stake, my appearance as a truth-seeker is at stake, my reputation is at stake, etc. Andy does the same thing. You both have no idea that none of that is true, because for you both, appearances are critical. That's because you are pretending to be something that you are not. I'm not pretending, so my integrity and reputation and appearance are not dependent on how well I sell others an illusion. I don't even have to worry about those qualities, because they will be what they are meant to be. I'm not living a lie. Sociopaths have to. Good can stand naked in the light and have no shame. Evil must hide in the shadows. Do you want to know why? Reread what I just wrote until comprehension is achieved. And if you are unable to comprehend, I understand. There are some things sociopaths cannot comprehend, because of what they lack. That is why they must be kept out of positions of power and control. That is why good begets good, and evil begets evil.

Startling stuff.

Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:32 pm

Post Re: The Road Less Traveled

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]