Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
The silent famine pandemic sweeping the planet 
Site Admin

Post Re: The silent famine pandemic sweeping the planet
Lee wrote:
I sometime's think as a species we really aren't very evolved at all and maybe we aren't going to make it. I'm not sure we will survive. But then, you know, the vast majority of people aren't sociopaths, they are simply the product of being heavily manipulated and controlled.

Nice post, Lee. I often think the same way. We are in a real quandary, and I wonder if we have what it takes to break free before extinction is unavoidable.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:31 am
Quote:
Lee. I often think the same way. We are in a real quandary, and I wonder if we have what it takes to break free before extinction is unavoidable.

You guys know what I think. If people can't even stop stupid habits like smoking (for instance), what chance do they have of their existence not going up in smoke as well?

I am continually disturbed by even the fine neighbors I have. They live in the best part of the country and have many resources, but they don't care to hear anything about conspiracy theories. So even though they have what others would kill for, they end up just being ignorant, and will loose what they have because ignorance will not "succeed"

Human confrontation requires knowledge of real threat, and the willingness and ability to counter..

Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:06 pm

Quote:
Matthew, chapter 13...
24Here is another story Jesus told: "The Kingdom of Heaven is like a farmer who planted good seed in his field. 25But that night as everyone slept, his enemy came and planted weeds among the wheat. 26When the crop began to grow and produce grain, the weeds also grew. 27The farmer's servants came and told him, `Sir, the field where you planted that good seed is full of weeds! 28"An enemy has done it!' the farmer exclaimed." `Shall we pull out the weeds? they asked. 29 "He replied, `No, you'll hurt the wheat if you do. 30Let both grow together until the harvest. Then I will tell the harvesters to sort out the weeds and burn them and to put the wheat in the barn."

Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:50 pm
Site Admin

It's the same old story -- humans think they know it all, that they know best, and then Nature slaps us so hard, we see stars! I am reminded of the Department of Interior's decision to remove the wolves from Yellowstone back in the 1920s, and the park ecosystem gradually went to Hell in a hand basket. That decision affected things as diverse from wolves as the aspen trees!

Well, we just don't learn. We catch all the big fish in the oceans, and then we wonder why fish get smaller and smaller.

I wish I could find a series of pictures I once saw of sports fishermen posing with their "big catches" on the dock in Florida. There was a picture for each decade, starting in the 1940s up through the 2000s. The fish were monstrously huge back in the 1940s, but they shrank every decade until the most modern photo showed relatively dinky trophy fish.

And the scientists are just now announcing their amazing new discovery?

Amazing.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2