Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
The silent famine pandemic sweeping the planet 

Post The silent famine pandemic sweeping the planet
February 17, 2012 – INDIA – A quarter of young children around the world are not getting enough nutrients to grow properly, and 300 die of malnutrition every hour, according to a new report that lays bare the effects of the global food crisis. There are 170 million children aged under five whose development has been stunted by malnutrition because of lack of food for them and their breastfeeding mothers, and the situation is getting significantly worse, according to research by the charity Save the Children. In Pakistan, Bangladesh, India, Peru and Nigeria – countries which are the home of half of the world’s stunted children – recent rises in global food prices are forcing the parents of malnourished children to cut back on food and pull children out of school to work. According to the report, A Life Free from Hunger: Tackling Child Malnutrition, a third of parents surveyed said their children routinely complain they do not have enough to eat. One in six parents can never afford to buy meat, milk or vegetables. It suggests that six out of 10 children in Afghanistan are not getting enough nutrients to avoid stunted growth. “If no concerted action is taken,” warns Justin Forsyth, the charity’s chief executive, “half a billion children will be physically and mentally stunted over the next 15 years.” Over the past five years the price of food has soared across the globe, thanks to extreme weather conditions, diverting farmland to grow bio-fuels, speculative trading of food commodities and the global financial crisis. The poor, who spend the bulk of their income on food, are hit hardest. One in four parents in the countries surveyed have been forced to cut back on food for their families. One in six have had children skip school to help their parents at work. In India, half of all children are stunted from malnutrition with a quarter often going without food entirely. In Afghanistan, the price of food has risen 25 per cent – the average rise worldwide in 2011. In places like Kenya it is up 40 per cent. -Independent

http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress. ... he-planet/

Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:33 am
Post Re: The silent famine pandemic sweeping the planet
It ticks me off big time what we do to our own kind. Even parents that have money...what do their kids eat in the Western world...hot dogs and macaroni. YUCK! They trade their children's health for a membership somewhere. And why? Because they want something for themselves. :lol: Stupid people. And we are talking MILLIONS here!!!

I believe there is enough food on this planet. However people have been lazy and dependent on the local grocery stores, and willing to pay whatever increase they must to keep up their level of "convenience". The other shackle on the leg has to do with laws which keep people from getting their own food, and even food that can be gotten from the land is taxed or requires a license.

I have had it with all the non-sense and am holding to as few rules as I can get away with. I no longer believe in "licenses" and other games and am willing to take my chances. We better learn how to live as rebels, for soon that will be all that's left. It takes WORK to learn to live without the "conveniences", but it sure is worth it. :o

Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:35 pm
Site Admin

The clearest indication of the insanity that we have embraced on this planet is that we do not properly care for ourselves. We do not ensure that all of us are properly nourished. This is the most basic requirement for survival, and instead of addressing it, we wage war on each other, or prepare for war, both of which put our survival on even shakier ground.

Is that insane, or what?

Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:38 pm
Quote:
Is that insane, or what?

It is TOTALLY insane Chico. The more I have seen of insane humanity the more I have wondered IF humanity is really worth it. That may be a very harsh call, but what can we expect of insanity?

I know you are quit skeptical of "Elohim", but what if they have humanity marked for extinction because of what they have witnessed? What if the sociopaths are not our only concern? What if WE ourselves should be our biggest concern? Can we afford to dismiss that because we don't care to consider the possibility?

Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:53 pm
Site Admin

truthunter wrote:
I know you are quite skeptical of "Elohim", but what if they have humanity marked for extinction because of what they have witnessed? What if the sociopaths are not our only concern? What if WE ourselves should be our biggest concern?

I suspect that any advanced life form will not "mark" other species for extinction. If a species is destined for extinction, there is no need to hurry it along. It will get there in its own sweet time.

We should be our biggest concern. Sociopaths are part of us, too, even though we like to consider them as something separate. And non-sociopaths are part of the dynamic as well. Alien influence may also be at play. But the point of my prior post is that we should indeed be our primary concern, and we are not. We are too busy chasing money and power because we are mistakenly thinking that this is in our best interests. Our best interests would be better served if we take care of each other.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:18 pm
Quote:
I suspect that any advanced life form will not "mark" other species for extinction. If a species is destined for extinction, there is no need to hurry it along. It will get there in its own sweet time.

From what I understand the "Elohim" placed humanity on this planet. They would have watched us grow like plants in a garden and when enough "weeds" took over, they decide to "burn" the garden.
We certainly have enough "weeds" on this planet, don't we.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:55 pm

Quote:
Our best interests would be better served if we take care of each other.

I agree with this statement. As was evident in my country after we were whacked with an earthquake. Everyone is settled into this 'service to self' life and you only get to really see another side in a catastropy.

People had to rely on their neighbours to get through and they helped each other en masse. Many students left their study halls, picked up spades and wheelbarrows and went street to street clearing massive amounts of liquifaction from peoples yards. The good will was evident everywhere. Everyone I know sent money, fundraised, sent supplies or offered accomodation for these people to come too. This went on and on and continues. This is still all done within the power structure which seeks to create dependants and continue it's control.

Even so, for the most part, their community is stronger for having gone through this as they 'had' to help each other which built bonds and a far more caring community than there was before.

So I wonder, is our natural state of being so awful. What would happen without the control systems?? Would we end up back here...??

I sometime's think as a species we really aren't very evolved at all and maybe we aren't going to make it. I'm not sure we will survive. But then, you know, the vast majority of people aren't sociopaths, they are simply the product of being heavily manipulated and controlled. I think they will be forced to recognise what is going on this year.

Then we will see what humanity is really made of.

Lee

Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:52 pm
Quote:
I think they will be forced to recognize what is going on this year.

"Forced" can also spell..."resentment". I have "forced myself" to be ready so I won't need to be "forced".
I think an earthquake is one thing, and people better get along if they hope to have anything left to build on.
Total economic collapse is totally a different thing. Almost NO ONE will want to "Give" because they have nothing TO GIVE, unless they made plans to do so and all the labor that went into it.

I can house and feed maybe 50 people where I am for an extended period of time, but it won't be easy feeding the very people who did NOTHING as you warned them again and again.

You have it right Lee, this is the year we will be confronted with our choices. I may not live much longer, and maybe I don't even want to see what others will do. But, I will live my life in a selfless manner and labor for others...regardless of my "feelings".

Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:15 am

QUOTE - when enough "weeds" took over, they decide to "burn" the garden.

You do not have to burn the garden when the weeds take over, the weeds simply have to be removed and mulched back into the garden as a homeopathic remedy. Then place down mulch to smother any left over seeds.

Weeds are actually the homeopathic remedy for what is lacking in the soil. Mother nature knows best.

Last edited by loveandgratitude on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:15 am
Quote:
Mother nature knows best.

Well, I would think the same. However the Elohim apparently do not. From what the Bible says, man has been given every opportunity possible and has failed...so...no more. The difference in "thinking" between us and them is that we see each other in a "better" light than they see us. Who is going to argue with a "being" that can wipe out a billion people with but a "whisper"?
Mankind seems to have a "chip" on the shoulder, and always has had. I am no exception.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next