Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Operational announcements 
Site Admin

Post Operational announcements
April 30, 2013 -- The forum has been down for much of today due to a modem upgrade designed to cut our costs and improve performance. There was some kind of bizarre problem between the Comcast approved modem and Comcast, the Internet service provider. Service would work for a while and then simply stop. Comcast doesn't know what the problem is, but it appears to be on their end. Because Comcast is so slow responding to the problem, the contents of the original server were relocated to a new server in Chicago. The new server should be about five times faster, so there is some benefit to the tedious effort of transferring all the server files. There may still be some glitches to work out, so your patience is appreciated.

Wed May 01, 2013 4:23 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Operational announcements
June 6, 2013 -- I am pleased to announce that the server running this forum was the target of a DDoS attack today. The server was paralyzed from around 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. MT (UT-6). The originating locus of the attack was Turkey, a known CIA base of operations.

Is it possible that this server was randomly selected to be attacked, or could it be that in times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act?

Kudos to my son for quickly addressing the attack. He worked with data center personnel to regain control and install preventative measures on the server to resist future attacks.

To the attackers, all I can say is "Bring it!" You must be running scared. It is a good sign.

Quote:
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. -- Mahatma Gandhi.

Looks like we are beginning step 3. :lol:

Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:45 am

To the attackers, all I can say is "Bring it!" You must be running scared. It is a good sign.

Quote:
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. -- Mahatma Gandhi.

Looks like we are beginning step 3. :lol:

The public exposé and ousting of one of their paid operatives, namely... the one, but sadly not only "UncleZook", I'm sure has also not helped matters here at UP!

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:36 pm
Site Admin

June 11, 2013 -- The DDoS attacks on the UP server are continuing. Even more suspicious, another server in another city that my son owns and operates has also been targeted. Even more incredible, my son discovered that all of his registered domain names were removed from his dot.tk account and reassigned to other people!

I've heard of people being hassled like this by certain unscrupulous U.S. intelligence agencies, and I'm beginning to wonder if things have gotten so bad that a tiny little truth-seeking forum called United People is being targeted. So if you have problems with the forum not responding, it's likely another DDoS attack.

We are continuing to research and implement defensive measures.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:56 pm
Site Admin

June 19, 2013 -- Yesterday, the server that the forum runs on was having issues that effectively kept it from responding. Another client on the server was using software with a memory leak, which allowed it to suck up all the memory and cripple the server. We are working to resolve that problem.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]