Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
Welcome to the United People forum 
Site Admin

Post Re: Welcome to the United People forum
This is rather amusing (or sad). On the day the United People forum opened (May 4, 2011), we set a record of the most people online here at one time -- four! It's been downhill ever since. :shock:

Tue May 17, 2011 9:35 pm

Do you remember this youtube video with the days long list of humanitarian / humanist association ? This is why the unification of people will occur. It is a matter of time, the nature of the road ahead also, but it is on its way, nothing can stop that from happening. The information revolution will grow fruits. The tree is rooted, and the bark is a lot harder than what avalon reflects. (or any site where so many subjects, levels of understanding are mixed that they become a sterile ground... imagine, theorizing about politics, philosophy, sciences, spirituality, freedom, and any type of existentialist question that one would find... I saw the richness of it, but the cohesion here is very thin, everyone has got his own view of things, being a new-ager, a new-born C, a ufologist, a fireman or an alternative media journalist, or whoever in this instance. Even old school ideologies have their ways... wisdoms (or not) coming from many different grounds, yet all stucked in their own dilemas / lil paradigms.
Still, the potential for the growth of the united people is there. It's a matter of making connections and good communication. There are a lot more people interested in what tomorrow will be made of and what they can do to change things, than people wondering which starget they should run to when 2012 comes. Is there ? I seriously hope so, want it so and am ready to help expanding people's awareness and self confidence.

peace

Tue May 17, 2011 10:22 pm
Site Admin

Yes, I do remember that video, Bucky. Maybe United People should be uniting the organizations as a way of uniting the people.

Interesting point about the cohesion at Avalon. There is a sense of family there, but as in any family, a "bad apple", say a group with power that works for selfish ends at the expense of other family members, can spoil the whole bunch and cause tremendous dysfunction.

If you have some ideas for moving United People forward, we (at the moment, there's just me) would love to hear them.

Wed May 18, 2011 2:55 am

Chicodoodoo wrote:
This is rather amusing (or sad). On the day the United People forum opened (May 4, 2011), we set a record of the most people online here at one time -- four! It's been downhill ever since. :shock:

Hé Chico, hope you are doing fine. Please, notice that we've just welcomed our 10th member on the United People Forum. There's still a long way to go, but hey, this news should cheer you up. Every person joining the UP initiative is of infinite value to this community. The people, who are joining this adventure are interested in truth and integrity, which are hard to find values these days, but they find it overhere. This website is lacking some vived discussions for the moment, which is normal, we're only starting. In addition, the forum is also facing some technical problems new and then.. To kick some life into this forum, I invite all members to start threading about subjects that might bring the UP a step further towards the truth. BTW, what's differentiating this initiative from the others out there, except the numbers?

Wed May 18, 2011 5:51 pm
Site Admin

skippy wrote:
Every person joining the UP initiative is of infinite value to this community. The people, who are joining this adventure are interested in truth and integrity, which are hard to find values these days, but they find it overhere.

Well said, Skippy. Yes, I did notice the hosting service was down for a while yesterday evening, so there are some glitches. I also miss some of the features the VBulletin forum software offers, but we're on a shoe-string budget for the moment (meaning our total outlay so far is zero dollars). But then again, we know the problem with the world is our devotion to money, so there's something that feels right about out total outlay so far! :lol:

Wed May 18, 2011 10:53 pm

Chicodoodoo wrote:
Yes, I did notice the hosting service was down for a while yesterday evening, so there are some glitches. I also miss some of the features the VBulletin forum software offers, but we're on a shoe-string budget for the moment (meaning our total outlay so far is zero dollars).

Yes, when the server was down, you've missed 1000 additional members wanting to join the UP :D. I'm not sure whether we need more forum features, while this forum seems already quite good to me. BTW, thanks for having set this up. I'm thinking what could be my contribution to this initiative? How can we make this thing practical?

Thu May 19, 2011 5:22 am
Site Admin

skippy wrote:
I'm thinking what could be my contribution to this initiative? How can we make this thing practical?

Well, we need to generate some interest and expand our membership. How can we do this on our shoe-string budget? I have no doubt it can be done, and I'm not in any particular hurry (even though time's a wasting, as they say).

Thu May 19, 2011 5:29 am

Post The Woodward Report
Something special was sent to me which might interest you Mr. Chico. Someone have been reading your posts at the Nexus forum.

"Good Day,

These links need to be posted to any important forum of your choice ASAP.

Can you do help us?

http://vimeo.com/24383973

http://thewoodwardreport.wordpress.com/ ... -woodward/

http://www.facebook.com/people/Angelo-W ... 2485354296

Thank you for your assistance.

Friends of Miguel Woodward"

Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:48 pm
Site Admin

Thanks, NinjaNun!

Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:56 pm

I'm hoping this forum will have it's day.

I'm guessing there may be some people wishing to leave Avalon now and in the coming weeks, however, I suspect some people that remain at this point do not want to belong to Nexus. Rather they watch all forums and post less often. This is the case for me these days.

As Bill changes direction this alters the energy and direction of Avalon as a community. I have no problem with this and wish to neither attack nor defend Bill. It simply appears to me the vacuum left by the initial exodus was filled with the 'love & light' crowd, mainly promoting channelled messages.

A bit of bliss never hurt anyone and whilst I would like nothing more than to live next door to Darla where I could sit on my porch, basking in the light of her divine glow (bless her), I still hold onto common sense as my main compass.

United People may fill a necessary gap over time...

Atleast I hope so as I still wish to continue my search for truth with others at my side.

Warm wishes....

P.S. Can something be done with the inappropriate posts on the forum :?:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next