Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
Welcome to the United People forum 
Site Admin

Post Re: Welcome to the United People forum
Glad you're here, Lee!

I'll clean up the spammers right away. I've neglected to log on for a few days, but the spammers haven't.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:00 pm

Wow, I am honored to be posting at UNITED PEOPLE. A forum run by the members. Looking forward to this type of transperancy and accountability. Should be interesting.

I am sure it will meld into shape as it flows along. Two quotes to share with you.....

Chico

"All successful people are big dreamers. They imagine what their future could be, ideal in every respect, and then they work every day toward their distant vision, that goal or purpose."

What I desire to bring to this Forum is a level of tolerance and acceptance for another opinions.
How can we ever unite if we are forever divided. I wish to unite here at United People. Unite for a common goal. For me that means, to be able to speak freely but remain mindful and always respect another's opinion and another's point of view.

The desire to be the one right has left me. I only wish to share information with people who are interested and if you are strongly disagree, you are free to do so. You are a soverign to yourself for it is you who picks up the bill at the end of life.

MANY BLESSINGS TO THIS FORUM

May we attract people of like mind and people of not so like minded but always remain respectful. How we learn is to open to new ideas.

“A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.”
― Frank Zappa

Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:54 am

Hey All,

'Love and Gratitude' invited me to join, (a fellow Byron Bay, Ozzy chicky-babe).

Look forward to some interesting conversations, if you will have me that is...

Controversy seems to follow me wherever I go. I try to keep quiet, but I'm afraid I have a big mouth. I can't keep it shut sometimes. I do try....lol... :D

Cheers,
Lily de Cuir

Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:27 am

Welcome Lily.......

Mouths should only function only when the brain is engaged. Yours definitely is.

Look forward to your bravery and wisdom.

L&G

Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:37 am

Lily.....I've always admired you....glad you are here.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:31 am
Site Admin

Controversy seems to follow me wherever I go.

Well, you should feel right at home here. Controversy is my middle name -- Chico Controversy Doodoo. :lol:

Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:06 pm

Hello Sandy.

Welcome to Home of the Brave. I have always appreciated your spirit and balanced views.
I am really glad you ventured over.

L&G

Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:04 am

Thank you for the Welcome,

What beautiful flowers, can't remember the last time I got flowers.

Great to be here and thanks for the invite from both L&G and LEE. Looking forward to an exciting and evolving experience. :)

Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:35 am

Wonderful to see you here Sandy :D

I enjoyed your first post on the Utopia thread - good food for thought :think: :thumbup: :think:

Welcome aboard...
Lee :)

Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:47 am

Hello all,

I post as David Simon on Atticus, i very briefly posted as Popeye over at Nexus. I have spoken to Chic and want to support his efforts to realize a community vision where power sharing is not tied in so much with reputation, ego, or being the squeakiest wheel. Rather, a place where a person's authority is based on their knowledge, understanding and the desire to share these attributes productively. I lurked on the truther sites many years and did not feel any reason to join Avilon, Chamelot or Nexus....Among the reasons being some of the issues Chic has brought to the forefront on this site. I look foward to posting with such people as Zookie who does not know me from Adam, but who I have seen post many intelligent points on Nexus and Avalon.

Chic and me have had our differences so I should say it is easy to say a few kind words about "my friend Chic" ;). I admire Chic's ethical consistancy which, I suspect if any one were to think about, would find that ethics does not exist without consistancy. Most people are ethical when it is convenient.... Errrr let me help you until I have to pursue my self interest at your expense...then it becomes "just business, nothing personal." Chic has demonstrated that he is willing to take the heat for his principles, even when it is (was) most inconvenient for the likes of Richard, Celine, etc. In the Apology Socrates most inconveniently drank a Hemlock concoction...his love for his country and his sadness at their bad judgement never changed his commitment to live by their rules and to show his rectitude as a native son of Athena.

Like Socrates, the archetypical father of philosophy Chic is a bit of a gadfly himself. Sometimes he inconveniences people with his need to do what is right. People who act in this fashion can be trusted, they are rare and they should be an example for those who would rather learn how to cultivate an appearance of making great sacrifices for the sake of others. Frankly little has changed, in Socrates day Sophists trained many to flatter and appear righteous, today we have lobbyists who have people believing that people who stole resources got those resources from working harder than everyboy else.

Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next