Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
How can we be so dumb? 
Site Admin

Post How can we be so dumb?
Toxic waste. We can't dump it in the rivers because it kills everything that lives there or drinks there. We can't pour it on the soil because it poisons what grows there or eventually leaks into the rivers and aquifers. So guess what the idiots do with it?

They inject it deep into the earth.

Quote:
According to risk analyses cited in EPA documents, a significant well leak that leads to water contamination is highly unlikely – on the order of one in a million.

Like every well is an isolated island unto itself... Like accidents at nuclear reactors are a one in a million occurrence... Oh, please, cut the BS already. Just come clean and tell us this is an effective way to destroy the planet as we know it and quietly poison as many of us as possible.

A smart species would know better than to create toxic waste. And that ain't us!

Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:33 pm

Post Re: How can we be so dumb?
So this is the Nuke plant 5 miles or so from my house. It's one of over one hundred in the United States and about 500 Nuke plants on Earth.

Do read the section on "Spent Fuel"....they have literally nowhere to go with the spent fuel and are piling it up on site.

This whole splitting the atom nuclear BS and dropping the bombs in 1945 and tests and then deciding it worked so well for war why not use for energy all over the earth---well that is why I think we are toast figuratively-literally-and deservedly.

I am really beginning to consider ascension as the only last option and maybe that is why the ascension teachers are here now.....

--------------------------------------------------

Prairie Island Nuclear Power Plant
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Prairie Island Nuclear Generating Plant

Location of Prairie Island Nuclear Generating Plant
Country United States
Location Red Wing, Minnesota
Coordinates 44°37′18″N 92°37′59″WCoordinates: 44°37′18″N 92°37′59″W
Status Operational
Commission date Unit 1: December 16, 1973
Unit 2: December 21, 1974
Licence expiration Unit 1: August 9, 2033
Unit 2: October 29, 2034
Owner(s) Xcel Energy
Architect(s) Fluor Pioneer
Reactor information
Reactors operational 2 x 548 MW
Reactor type(s) pressurized water reactor
Power generation information
Annual generation 8,914 GW·h
Website
Xcel Energy - Prairie Island Nuclear Generating Plant
As of 2011-06-30
The Prairie Island Nuclear Generating Plant is an electricity-generating facility located in Red Wing, Minnesota along the Mississippi River, adjacent to the Prairie Island Indian Community reservation. The nuclear power plant, which began operating in 1973, has two nuclear reactors (pressurized water reactors) manufactured by Westinghouse that produce a total 1,076 megawatts of power. Units 1 and 2 are licensed to operate through 2033 and 2034, respectively.
The plant is owned by Northern States Power Company (NSP), a subsidiary of Xcel Energy, and is operated by Xcel Energy.
It is one of two active nuclear facilities in Minnesota and has proven to be the most controversial due to the storage of nuclear waste in large steel casks on-site, an area which is a floodplain of the Mississippi.
In April 2008, Xcel requested that the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) renew the licenses of both reactors, extending them for an additional twenty years. The license renewals were approved in June 2011.[1][2]
The company has also requested the use of a similar storage system at its Monticello plant, which is currently licensed through 2030.
In May 2006 repair workers at the plant were exposed to very low levels of radiation due to inhalation of radioactive iodine-131 (131I) gas. The gas leaked from the steam generators, which were opened for inspection. 131I gas is normally removed by means of a carbon-based filter; in this case the filter had developed a small leak. The NRC deemed this event to be of very low safety significance and notes that it did not result in any overdose.[3]
Contents [hide]
1 Surrounding population
2 Spent fuel storage
3 Seismic risk
4 See also
5 References
6 External links
[edit]Surrounding population

The Nuclear Regulatory Commission defines two emergency planning zones around nuclear power plants: a plume exposure pathway zone with a radius of 10 miles (16 km), concerned primarily with exposure to, and inhalation of, airborne radioactive contamination, and an ingestion pathway zone of about 50 miles (80 km), concerned primarily with ingestion of food and liquid contaminated by radioactivity.[4]
The 2010 U.S. population within 10 miles (16 km) of Prairie Island was 27,996, an increase of 4.6 percent in a decade, according to an analysis of U.S. Census data for msnbc.com. The 2010 U.S. population within 50 miles (80 km) was 2,945,237, an increase of 7.8 percent since 2000. Cities within 50 miles include Minneapolis (39 miles to city center) and St. Paul (32 miles to city center).[5]
[edit]Spent fuel storage

NSP had initially intended to send radioactive waste to a storage facility operated by the United States federal government, but no such site is yet open for use (the Yucca Mountain nuclear waste repository is under construction, but following heavy opposition is no longer considered an option by the Obama Administration). In 1991, the company requested permission from the Minnesota Public Utilities Commission to eventually store waste in 48 dry casks on the site. Opposition by environmentalists and the neighboring Prairie Island tribe led the Minnesota Legislature to decrease the number of allowed casks to 17, enough to keep the plant operating through approximately 2003.
Eventually, those casks filled, and Xcel Energy requested that the limit be expanded beyond 17 casks. The legislature granted the request, but required the company to make greater use of renewable energy such as wind power and to pay the local Indian community up to $2.25 million per year to help with evacuation improvements and the acquisition and development of new land and to help pay for a health study and emergency management activities.
[edit]Seismic risk

The Nuclear Regulatory Commission's estimate of the risk each year of an earthquake intense enough to cause core damage to the reactor at Prairie Island was 1 in 333,333, according to an NRC study published in August 2010.[6][7]

Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:23 pm

So we have tremendous amounts of toxic waste being injected deep into the earth and we have 500 nuclear power plants and who knows how many nuclear weapons, spent nuke fuel in tanks, plus there is an old (1950's failed) nuke plant buried in Nebraska etc. Take these reasons and toss in the War machine-the battleships, drones, weapon machinery, machine tanks etc. Add in the karma created by the human civilization from centuries of war and genocide-let's say the last 500 years-ish starting with the Spanish Conquest of the Americas and genocide of the native/indigenous people and the destruction of the Earth thru mining, agriculture, deforestation, emptying the oceans, pollution etc.
Then you have the "Collective Mental Illness" (Tolle), "Sick Society" (Krishnamurti), "Consensus Reality" (Adyashanti) just to include recent spiritual non-religious teachers into the fray.
Add the fact that mankind is completely separated through religions, politics, nationalism, race etc

.....just some thoughts off the top off my head.....and this is why the Earth civilization will have to end soon.....today, tomorrow or maybe in a few generations.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:14 am
Site Admin

and this is why the Earth civilization will have to end soon.....

Or, this is why human civilization will have to change soon. It's true that our mistakes could be fatal for us as a species, but if we wise up quickly enough, we might still avoid self-destruction. That process of "wising up", of seeing the error of our ways, of sharing the knowledge and understanding of where we are going wrong, is the key to turning this disaster around. That is something we can do as individuals -- learn and teach.

Question everything, dismiss nothing.

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. wrote:
Cowardice asks the question, “Is it safe?” Expediency asks the question, “Is it politic?” And Vanity comes along and asks the question, “Is it popular?” But Conscience asks the question “Is it right?” And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must do it because Conscience tells him it is right.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:31 pm

Check out this entire program. In part 4 it says that much of the nuclear waste gets dumped in Australia.

Can't figure out how to post a youtube vid but, here is the title:

North Korean film exposes Western propaganda - Part 4 of 10

(Admin edit: Posting Youtube videos explained here -- very simple.)

Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:23 pm
Site Admin

Wow -- revealing video! I'll be watching the entire thing. The unvarnished truth needs greater exposure if we are to understand how we have been manipulated to partake in such atrocities and crimes against nature. Thanks for that post!

Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:09 pm

Important find. Thanx.

"Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it."

I would append that with: "Those who observe false history enable the empires that provide the historians."

Pax Humanitas

ps: It's a Hobbesian dilemma with the psychopaths ... they will stop us and render humanity if we don't stop them and rescue humanity.

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:03 pm

OK, Chico I got it thanks. Here's part 1. So far only the first 5 parts are on youtube.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:46 am
Site Admin

Americans won't ever get the truth from the puppets running the country at the behest of the ruling sociopaths. It will have to come from ... ... the North Koreans! And so it does, which makes one wonder why the North Koreans are at the head of the American "evil empire" list, along with the Iranians. Coincidence? I think not.

Although I have only seen half the film so far, I have to say that it is completely in synch with everything I have discovered independently during the last eight years of intensive research. My hat is off to the North Koreans. I suspect that everything my own government has told me about them is a clever fabrication and total propaganda. Why wouldn't it be?

P.S. Dang if this post didn't turn into a blog! Read it here.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:56 am

Well, I would be hesitant to prop up North Korea as a bastioneer of the virtuous nation.

More likely, as in Iran, the country is run by psychopaths and sycophants glued to the beck and call of the central bankster empire - in direct and indirect association, in overt and covert design. Bad cop in a two-cop play ... good wolf in a two-wolf-one- sheep discussion over hors-d'ouevres (however the truck you spell those things) before the main meal ... that sorta thing.

North Koreans are prisoners of their system as we are of ours. And we both have the ability to change things, but first, we both have to make the journey to the far side of fear and the near side of meaningful purpose.

Smell the roses and drink the coffee ... or smell the coffee and munch the petals. With a nod to Neil Sedaka, "They say that wakening up is hard to do!" But you know it's what we have to do.

Pax Veritas

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next