Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
The Story of Stuff 

Post The Story of Stuff
I watched this with my family years ago. Very easy to watch and digest for children, and only 21 minutes long so even kids with very short attention spans should not have much of a problem sitting through it.

This might have been posted elsewhere but I believe "The Story of Stuff" deserves its own thread for discussion or to even just to highlight it because important things sometimes get "lost" in regular posts or comments on forums.

For me, the moral of the "stuff" story, and how best to "build a better future" for our children and ourselves is to be a hyper-conscious local and world citizen and a very deliberate consumer: I refuse to oil destructive machinery.

To do so, knowing everything I know about what's really going on on this planet, would be complete hypocrisy on my part and I could not bear to look myself in the mirror if I consciously aid and abet the rot.

I do everything in my power, in my own daily life, to pay it forward at every opportunity, including recently becoming a member of United People Forum. I am happy and thankful to have been accepted, mostly without question, and without censorship, into a forum full of free-thinking, intelligent and dedicated human beings.

I salute you and all those consciously working towards creating a better tomorrow.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:39 pm

Post Re: The Story of Stuff
Thanks for being here Dangermouse

Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]