Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next
Seeds of Freedom 

Post Re: Seeds of Freedom
Quote:
the binary is necessary because we are such simple-minded creatures.

It is also necessary because we are such complex minded creatures too. Maybe you are just seeing the one side of it? The Binary could organize huge amounts of information thus getting good depth on points.
In this sense, methinks both systems are applicable.

The truth stands on its own merit....

Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:03 pm

UncleZook wrote:
ps: As for Raggedy Andy, he stands indicted of all that I have stated about him to date. He truly exhibits sociopathic behavior. Not in the same degree as the consequential sociopaths that run and corrupt society, but in a degree compatible with minionship to corrupted society. All anyone needs to do is examine his posts (here and at other forums) to arrive at this conclusion.

I'm a sociopathic minion of a corrupted society! Image

UncleZook wrote:
That you continue to encourage Andy after others have shown you reasons not to ... that you prefer Andy's moronic powers of observation against objective analysis ... well ... don't be too surprised if prevarication is a word that follows you around, Chico.

What "others" that "have shown you reasons not to" here are you exactly referring to UncleZook? and please be advised that failure to directly respond to this or any other of my questions clearly portrays you for what you truly represent as a human being!
"Andy's moronic powers of observation against objective analysis", the "objective analysis" being yours I take it??? Image

Didn't we have this discussion a few months ago? remember when I suggested to you that it is far more impressive when people discover your good quality's without your help!

UncleZook wrote:

ps: This forum will never attain the credibility it deserves as long as you continue to entertain gatekeeper Andy.

I was hoping this time around to see a higher level of maturity in you posts, twas not to be.

Alas, poor UncleSpook! I knew him, Chico.

Attachment:
yorick.jpg
yorick.jpg [ 8.69 KiB | Viewed 1645 times ]

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Last edited by andywight on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:15 pm
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
Maybe you are just seeing the one side of it? The Binary could organize huge amounts of information thus getting good depth on points.

Among number systems, binary is the simplest, but it is the most inefficient system for organizing huge amounts of information. For example, the number 255 requires eight digits to store in binary (11111111), whereas only two digits are necessary in hexadecimal (FF). Computers use binary because the original transistors only had two states, on and off, like a light switch. Biological systems are not limited to two states. For example, DNA uses a base 4 or quaternary state system.

Could I just be seeing one side of it? Are humans both simple-minded and complex-minded? I think humans are not complex-minded at all, though they can be slightly less simple-minded at times. But sure, I could be wrong. Make the case for complex-minded humans and perhaps I will be obliged to change my tune.

Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:49 pm

Binary Opposition?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_opposition

Quote:
In critical theory, a binary opposition (also binary system) is a pair of related terms or concepts that are opposite in meaning. Binary opposition is the system by which, in language and thought, two theoretical opposites are strictly defined and set off against one another.[1] It is the contrast between two mutually exclusive terms, such as on and off, up and down, left and right.[2] Binary opposition is an important concept of structuralism, which sees such distinctions as fundamental to all language and thought.[3] In structuralism, a binary opposition is seen as a fundamental organizer of human philosophy, culture, and language.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:44 am

Quote:
Now that's what I call forcing the issue -- trying to align two very different ideas. Unity implies one, and binary means two. And so we resolve the difficulty with "Unity itself and the idea of Unity are already two." Give me a break, Buddha. That was really lame.

This Buddaha quote is truth Chic, and this board is an example of it.
Quote:
Make the case for complex-minded humans and perhaps I will be obliged to change my tune.

Perhaps you are making the case for yourself all along? Perhaps another analogy is the lore of the Crossroads? Or the Crux.

Can you not see how binary thinking is involved in basic life?

Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:11 am
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
This Buddaha quote is truth Chic, and this board is an example of it.

There are other ways to make the same rationalization that are also true but equally meaningless. For example, there is unity and disunity, which gives us another binary. That means we have the idea of disunity, and of course the prior idea of unity, so now we have four instead of two, a quaternary.

Quote:
Perhaps you are making the case for yourself all along?

Am I being complex-minded? I'm just a stupid human that seems smart because he knows he's stupid.

Quote:
Perhaps another analogy is the lore of the Crossroads? Or the Crux.

Remember, when at the crossroads, that you are not obliged to stay on the beaten path, so the binary decision is a self-limitation and an illusion.

Quote:
Can you not see how binary thinking is involved in basic life?

Yes, it dominates our thinking and is one of the weaknesses that the ruling sociopaths use against us. It's the Obama or Romney decision, where either choice is harmful. If you want to control a simple-minded creature, give him only two choices. If you give him no choice, he will know he is enslaved and resist. If you give him two choices that you select, he believes he is free because he can choose, and thus will not resist. Yet he is still enslaved by the master who selects the choices.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:14 pm

Yes Chic you understand the simplicity of it and the corruption of it. Can you see the benefits of it?

Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:23 pm
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
Yes Chic you understand the simplicity of it and the corruption of it. Can you see the benefits of it?

Yes, it gives us a primitive tool that helps simple minds begin to understand the complexities of the universe. Our error is in concluding with certainty that the gross approximations it leads us to are accurate.

Do I pass?

Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:05 pm

Nope.....

Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:08 pm
Site Admin

And the correct answer is?

Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next