Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Where is your CAVE? 
Post Where is your CAVE?
With so many thing we talk about and the uncertainty which awaits, it seems to make sense that it would be a good thing to have a "cave" somewhere. Not to become a cave dweller, but a place that is free and safe shelter in the event you would even need such a place.

Here are some reasons why a cave:
The temperature stays the same (below ground).
Depending on how much dirt and rock there is above you...you could be "undetectable" by devices.
Depending on the "size" of the cave, many people could gather there.
In the event of "super flairs" a cave would offer protection where a house wouldn't.
Unless there is a major earth quake, caves are usually solid and secure.

So, one would be able to have a hiding place as well as safe shelter for however long you may need it.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:43 am

Post Re: Where is your CAVE?
A cave can also be under the ground. Underground housing also acts as an amazing insulator against the heat and cold. Below ground houses stay between 18degrees and 24 degrees all year round regardless of above ground temperatures. Bush fires go right over the top of you and you stay safe and sound. Everything above ground burnt to the ground.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:57 am
Quote:
Everything above ground burnt to the ground.

Absolutely right.
And that is the kind of cave that one should hope to find. It may be a two hour drive, but it is better than not having a "plan" at all. :shock:

Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:00 am

“It is better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared.”

Whitney M. Young, Jr. (American social reformer, 1921-1971)

Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:09 am

Check this out - not very luxurious but sure gets you away from storms and solar flares.

Good for the people in the city. A comment from you tube is what happens if a house falls on top of it? Maybe you need another entrance. Just to show that under the ground if also good.

Something a little more comfortable

I LOVE THIS CONCEPT EXCEPT THAT IT IS MADE OF FIBREGLASS. THIS ALSO MAKES GREAT EMERGENCY HOUSING ........EXCEPT FOR THE FIBREGLASS. THEY NEED TO LOOK FOR AN ALTERNATIVE. THE IDEA IF FANTASTIC. ALSO - SAYING THE WORD BURIED IS A TURN OFF TO BUYERS.

Last edited by loveandgratitude on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:17 am
I have my boat, if the SHTF, and I can still go sailing, then that is what I will do :D. I love life, but I am not afraid of body death.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:36 am

Duke, that boat you have, is that a boat that has room for 2 of everything. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:42 am
Duke, that boat you have, is that a boat that has room for 2 of everything. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:D It's got enough room for three or four, but it depends on how much food and water is needed.........I do need to get a Reverse Osmosis desalinator and sharpen my fishing hooks though ;)

Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:51 pm
The reason I thought of this post was to think about what is available for protection. Boats are nice, but not in a storm. Hobbit homes are more than cute and practical, but they also invite others. Cities offer little, as the entire purpose is to get AWAY from the masses in a serious crisis.

Why not do your homework and see what is available in your area for real caves that are rent free. At some point it may just be the only place we can call..."home".

Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]