Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD 

Post WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD
It was in the actions of plants that I perceived the unity that is within all things.
The mode that quiver in ripples of light , the teaming life upon the earth and radiant suns that shine above us.
I understood for the first time that ancient message proclaimed by my ancestors on the banks of the Ganges thirty centuries ago :
" They who see what ONE in all the teaming plants many foldness of the universe to them alone belongs eternal truth and to no one else "

Jagdish Chandra Bose was an eminent Indian scientist. He was the first to prove that plants and metals too have feelings.

Plants Have Souls - And Gifts for Humans

Plants are intelligent forms of life who are capable of intention, preference, and a will to survive, thrive and interact. Scientific research indicates that plants communicate with insects, animals, human beings and other plants in order to keep themselves alive and safe. Evidence also reveals that plants are telling us how to achieve health and wholeness for humanity and the earth herself.

Plants Are Just Like People

In the book, "The Secret Life of Plants," authors Peter Tompkins and Christopher Bird describe how plants "talk to" people and what plants "talk" about. Staying alive and safe tops the list.

To protect themselves, plants have developed highly adaptive and strategic ways for living. According to the authors, "Plants seem to know which ants will steal their nectar, closing when these ants are about, opening only when there is enough dew on their stems to keep the ants from climbing. The more sophisticated acacia plant actually enlists the protective services of certain ants which it rewards with nectar in return for the ants' protection against other insects and herbivorous mammals," thus serving the same function as friends and allies do in the animal and human realms. Some vegetation develop a bitter taste, some ooze gummy secretions, while others grow thorns to defend themselves.

I want to dedicate this thread to Mother Nature and Her Awesome Beauty,

Gardens unite people. What knowledge do you have to share in the realm of plants and gardens. Picture, videos , stories etc.

This video is extraordinarily beautiful. Hope you enjoy.
J. Reuben Silverbird - part 3 Proloque to the Four Seasons

Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:42 am
Site Admin

Post Re: WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD
Whenever I have the pleasure to drink fruit juice, I am filled with appreciation for the source of that juice. I consider fruit juice to be the nectar of the gods. Invariably, as I drink, I think "A tree made that."

My respect for trees runs deep. I grow them from seed. I'm sure I have over a dozen fruit trees in my backyard that I've grown from seed and transplanted. Many are no bigger than a twig. I may never enjoy the fruit from those trees myself, but someone will.

In my opinion, that is the difference between service to self and service to others. "I may never enjoy the fruit from those trees myself, but someone will."

Think about it.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:48 pm

I have respect for tree's too. All plant life really, but tree's I find particularly magnificent :D

I grew up with an abundance of fruit tree's in my yard, still that wasn't enough. Friends and I just counldn't help ourselves from nicking grapes off one neighbours vine, crab apples off the old lady's tree down the road. We were very young, they must have spotted us surely. :D That was more a 'service to self' period in my life :!:

In my country in the late 80's fruit tree's were considered unfashionable to have in your yard and were nearly all removed. It was a tragedy. In most suburban yards you would be lucky to see an apple tree. Fortunately a few years ago there was a small group of people that walked the country in protest that all the old heritage fruit tree's amd plants were no longer available. They saw what was being forced on us by the large international seed companies and they protested by walking long distances through small towns and large cities carrying some heritage seeds on their way to Parliament. Others joined and word got out what they were doing so many new varieties were collected along the way. It brought awareness to the problem and people collected seeds from all the old fruit tree's they could find right around the country and vege plants too. Now there is a sustainable collection of heritage seeds saved for the future generations. Many people, including myself have been planting these heritage varieties back into our yards.

If it hadn't been for this small group of thoughtful, determined folk these old varieties would be mostly gone.

Warm wishes...
Lee

Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:03 pm
Yesterday it snowed and snowed. I just had to get out and experience the forests around me. Talk about trees. You could get lost out there as there are so many trees in every direction. As I stopped among the trees that surrounded me, I thought..."These thousands upon thousands of trees are my own garden". :P I think truth is like trees, and the more you see, the more over whelming it is. :)

Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:51 pm

UNLIMITED THINKING FOR LIMITED SPACES
Vertical Gardens for Balcony, Patio, or Kitchen

GROW MORE FOOD

UNLIMITED THINKING FOR LIMITED SPACES

Mini Vertical Garden for Balcony, Patio, or Kitchen

Looking for a living wall or vertical garden system to screen your balcony while you grow veggies, fresh aromatic herbs, or flowers either indoors or out? The modular system is great for creating a small green wall or larger vertical garden on the terrace or in the kitchen.

Minigarden’s contemporary design is a fresh take on vertical gardening for for patios, decks, rooftops, and even for surrounding windows or covering an unsightly fence.

And let’s talk about eco-friendly. Minigarden conserves water as its unique design reduces evaporation keeping compost moist. The drainage system directs excess water to the base of the installation to prevent the plants in the bottom tier from being overwatered.

http://www.urbangardensweb.com/2011/05/ ... r-kitchen/

Last edited by loveandgratitude on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:45 am

Oh L+G.....Paradise. Byron Bay is amazing!

I've always been a 'meditation in motion' type of girl and my meditation is my garden. My garden is my passion, my sanctuary, my heart. The source of my inspiriation.

This year, I entered it in my city's (Mississauga, Ontario) front garden competition.....and I won first place. It took me 16 years to get it to this point and I am so proud of it. My true love. I'd like to share it with you here.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:06 am

What a beautiful garden. You deserve lst prize. I especially love the night light show as well.

YOu can see the love you have put into this special space. Well Done.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:35 pm
Site Admin

Wow! A sculptor of life. We really are creators! Or at least, you are.

Some of us destroy life, and some of us highlight it as beautiful art. I know which one I'll be doing.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:03 pm

AND I THINK TO MYSELF - WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD

wE ARE ALL CONNECTED IN THE MOST STRANGEST WAYS

Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:56 am

Canzirka wrote:
This year, I entered it in my city's (Mississauga, Ontario) front garden competition.....and I won first place. It took me 16 years to get it to this point and I am so proud of it. My true love. I'd like to share it with you here.

Wow Canzirka...stunning. Congratulations on the 1st prize, I can see it's been a labour of love. I was wondering what the large silver looking tree is, by your front entrance? It looks so stunning in the picture. :-D I love tree's!

Warm wishes..
Lee

Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next