Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Electric Universe theory 

Post Electric Universe theory
Electric Universe theory
http://www.electricuniverse.info/Electric_Sun_theory

Quote:
The Electric Sun theory (also Electric Star theory, and Electric Sun Model and Electric Sun Hypothesis) is the idea that the Sun (and stars) derives the main sources of its power electrically from its surroundings, rather than from within by nuclear fusion (the mainstream view).

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:48 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Electric Universe theory
That our understanding of the physics of reality is woefully incomplete can hardly be debated. Nevertheless, it has progressed to a point where the electric universe theory can hardly be avoided.

Take Einstein's famous equation, E = M * c^2. It was revolutionary because it carried within it the "fact" that matter and energy are not only related, but interchangeable. We used the knowledge resulting from that theory to vaporize unsuspecting humans in Japan. Bad start. I'm sure that hasn't gone unnoticed by other more advanced life forms.

Look at how Energy and Matter are related. They are related by a velocity, or a speed. Why would a speed tie energy and matter together? Is matter simply energy at slow speed (condensed energy), much like ice is simply condensed steam? Or is the speed simply a characteristic of one common form of energy (light), and what's important is the energy itself, which is simply described by its characteristics (like speed, direction, frequency, wavelength, amplitude, etc.)?

Whatever makes the world within atoms behave as it does must also make the universe of stars and galaxies behave as it does. And this makes the electrical circuits that humans have been toying with for less than 200 years behave as they do. That explains my computer that allows me to type and distribute these words as I do, and it may even explain why I do it.

But I'll bet anything that the explanation for all this, whatever it turns out to be, will be far more complex than we can possibly imagine. A lot like my computer, only worse.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:27 pm

magamud wrote:
Electric Universe theory
http://www.electricuniverse.info/Electric_Sun_theory

Quote:
The Electric Sun theory (also Electric Star theory, and Electric Sun Model and Electric Sun Hypothesis) is the idea that the Sun (and stars) derives the main sources of its power electrically from its surroundings, rather than from within by nuclear fusion (the mainstream view).

The thing that impresses me about the electric universe theory, Mags, is that it is intuitive, unlike the fusion model of star making.

For instance, temperatures on the Sun's surface are in the thousand degree K range ... whereas temperatures in the Sun's atmosphere jump into the million degree K range. How can a point in space that is farther from an alleged fusion furnace be a 1000 times hotter than a point that is closer?? Doesn't make any intuitive sense. OTOH, iron filings about a magnet arrange themselves in distinct field lines ... with gaps between the lines. The gaps could account for cool spots and the lines, hot spots ... that sorta thing ... if the electric model has any validity.

I'm also blown away by the following Neil Young video:

"Flying Mother Nature's silver seed to a new home in the Sun ..." <------------- could Young be referring to flying saucers entering a cool zone inside the Sun after traversing the hot region? Also, Nassim Haramein's black hole hypothesis has more legs with the electric model than with the fusion model.

In any event, if a grand theory of everything exists, certainly, the electric model has the argument of scale behind it. From electrical discharges on a Tesla ball ... to lightning in the sky ... to Birkeland filaments in the cosmic expanse.

Just some thoughts from a layman in the field.

Free energy <------------ the electric model would imply that the Sun is an endless supply of free energy, e.g. it draws from its vast surroundings and radiates back to the surroundings as solar rays ... that sorta thing.

Perhaps the electric model is being discouraged because it opens up the debate on free energy (e.g. limitless energy) ... whereas the fusion model narrows the debate to a finite supply of energy?

Pax Forbidden Knowledge

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:23 pm
Site Admin

UncleZook wrote:
The thing that impresses me about the electric universe theory, Mags, is that it is intuitive, unlike the fusion model of star making.

With it being so "intuitive" to you, my sage-like pal, I figured I'd find your name among the scientists that study the sun. But alas, it was not to be.

It was not so intuitive to me, so I did a little research to get a better feel for the subject, which I share with the readers here that may be as intuitively challenged as I apparently am.

Quote:
The temperature patterns in the Sun are not well understood. The core has a very high temperature of more that 15 million degrees Kelvin. As you move away from the heat producing core the temperature drops to about 6000 degrees at the photosphere, the effective surface of the Sun. The puzzling thing is that the temperature then rises again to more than 2 million degrees in the corona which is the furthest layer from the core. Researchers are currently investigating what might cause the Sun to have such a curious temperature profile. -- source

Note that that temperature patterns in the sun are certainly not intuitive, and may not even be accurately known. How exactly does one measure the temperature in the sun? The answer is that we can't measure it. Instead, we estimate it using our primitive knowledge of physics and our flawed models and theories based on that primitive knowledge. And then we back it up with our "intuition".

Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:35 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
A magnetic filament of solar material erupted on the sun in late September, breaking the quiet conditions in a spectacular fashion. The 200,000 mile long filament ripped through the sun's atmosphere, the corona, leaving behind what looks like a canyon of fire. The glowing canyon traces the channel where magnetic fields held the filament aloft before the explosion. Visualizers at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Md. combined two days of satellite data to create a short movie of this gigantic event on the sun.

In reality, the sun is not made of fire, but of something called plasma: particles so hot that their electrons have boiled off, creating a charged gas that is interwoven with magnetic fields.

These images were captured on Sept. 29-30, 2013, by NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory, or SDO, which constantly observes the sun in a variety of wavelengths.

Different wavelengths help capture different aspect of events in the corona. The red images shown in the movie help highlight plasma at temperatures of 90,000° F and are good for observing filaments as they form and erupt. The yellow images, showing temperatures at 1,000,000° F, are useful for observing material coursing along the sun's magnetic field lines, seen in the movie as an arcade of loops across the area of the eruption. The browner images at the beginning of the movie show material at temperatures of 1,800,000° F, and it is here where the canyon of fire imagery is most obvious. By comparing this with the other colors, one sees that the two swirling ribbons moving farther away from each other are, in fact, the footprints of the giant magnetic field loops, which are growing and expanding as the filament pulls them upward. -- source

NASA | Canyon of Fire on the Sun

Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]