Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Methylation 

Post Re: Methylation
Thanks NonG,
I think this is the way the Monarchs are soft killing us for sure. Our entire environment is plagued with it from our Manufacturing. Clothing, plastics, Oil, food, air, water, etc....

I agree nutraceuticals could help a lot of mental illness in general, but its much more complicated.
Complicated being the nature of Reality in general.
I would suspect that some of the supposed Mental illness is a compensation of the Rigidity of our scientific perspective on how things really are...
Im more pointing to overall Intention, Dreaming and Cognitive dissociation.

If you have any tips on how to avoid this corruption please advise.

Last edited by magamud on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:39 pm

Mags, that is a very difficult and almost impossible question to answer as there are so many factors to consider (I’m not an expert by any means either), such as:

Sex
Family mutations/genetics
Other health factors
Whether you are under methylated or over methylated or neither.

Protecting yourself and rebalancing methylation pathways is a minefield, as you could make it worse and it is also poorly understood by pretty much every profession. I have a basic knowledge of this - I suspected that I was suffering with pyroluria and so did lots of research into this area and have actually just embarked on a nutrition course to retrain as I have become so engrossed in it all and i’m convinced proper nutrition and vitamin supplementation is the key to our health or more precisely the key to preventative strategy based healthcare.

Now this is a really basic guide. Methylation is involved in lots of chemical regulatory mechanisms and is responsible for gene expression for DNA, as well as impacting cellular energy, detoxification and healing mechanisms.

Mercury toxicity causes undermethylation and according to Carl Pfeiffer’s research this causes high histamine levels. Genetic mutations can also naturally cause undermethylation (some people cannot naturally methylate B6 or molybdenum due to mutations at the cellular level, i.e. DNA). Undermethylation can cause depression, histadelia, schizophrenia, OCD, perfectionism, anxiety, insomnia, anorexia etc and pyroluria may also be another factor involved (deficiency in zinc and B6).

Overmethylation can cause histapenia, bipolar, anxiety, insomnia, schizophrenia, depression, paranoia, fatigue, allergies. An indicator is low histamine.

Unbalanced methylation pathways (if you are genetically susceptible) can lead to gene expression of cancer, diabetes, MS, CF, arthritis, crohns, colitis and autism, this also depends on T helper cells and some could have a propensity for TH1 cells to be turned on and TH2 cells to be turned off and vice versa.

To find out if you are over or under you can do the niacin flush test, take 50mg of B3 and if you flush all over you have high histamine and likely an undermethylator. If it takes 200mg to get any sort of flush you are likely to be overmethylated and then nutritional treatment would depend on a urine amino acid test to see exactly where the problem is occurring, as if you start self diagnosing and supplementing things it can lead to further problems and completely stuffing up those pathways.

It’s hypothesised that methylation pathways don’t work properly due to Nitric Oxide. Nitric Oxide is a nasty by product of fossil fuels basically, i.e. air pollution. Which could be another reason to keep us from free energy or sustainable energy.

Nitric Oxide f’cks the adrenals, depleting cortisol – leading to anxiety, lack of self esteem, sleep problems, weight gain and impact the hormones causing imbalances and lots of other health problems, which in turn lead to other health problems (i.e. high oestrogen, low progesterone can lead to candidiasis, fibroids, early menopause etc).

Good news is, these things are repairable but often takes months and months of supplementation and lifestyle changes but you have to pay for the tests and supplements and be patient.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:30 pm

What you can do to protect yourself:

Take the co-factors specific to over or under methylation. Stay away from supplementing with neurotransmitters, this can f’ck you up more so if you wanna go down that route take the urine amino acid test and do it properly.

Co-factors: Vitamin B6 for undermethylation can be helpful. I have a mutation here, as a genetic marker is morton’s toe i.e. your big toe is smaller than your fourth toe. Basically, I cannot break down B6 so I supplement with B6 in its active form so it doesn’t need to be broken down, it’s call P5P – it is a precursor for serotonin so it boosts sero levels, it calms nerves, is good for bowel motility and enhances dream recall amongst other things. You need to be mindful of taking too much and toxicity.

Zinc is a vitamin D co-factor so is good to have in abundance. It’s involved in DNA metabolism. Zinc also helps calm nerves and is good for digestion, as it increases stomach acid production.

Look into other B vitamins also as co-factors, such as folate and B12. There is something called the intrinsic factor and basically if you don’t have this (genetically some don’t) you cannot absorb B12 and need drugs to help effective absorption to occur or injections.

Adrenals – my adrenals tested really low and the best product I found that boosted these and makes me feel really healthy is Mannatech’s “Plus” product, I can’t rave about this enough but it’s expensive and they use a pyramid pricing scheme, which is not so good. STAY AWAY FROM COFFEE AND CAFFIENE, as it depletes B6 and the adrenals. Also good for boosting adrenals is B5 and liquorice root.

Colon Hydrotherapy (also if you have antibiotics a good CH will give you a lovely(!) catheter syringing with high quality probiotics to replace good bowel flora that’s been killed off – stopping overgrowth of bad bacteria.

I wouldn’t recommend heavy detoxing protocols such as Hulda Clarks as I think they can rob you of energy, which is a component you need the most in correcting methylation problems. Just cut out sugar and white carbohydrates, limit fruit. Eat high protein meals – organic eggs are a great source of protein and are very clean due to protective shell.

Bowel health – if you have leaky gut, IBS etc then try repairing the damage that has occurred to your epithelial tissue, such as taking colostrum, high quality (often v. Expensive) refrigerated probiotics and brassicas (as they contain butyric acid), Gotu Kola – these things contain the building blocks of connective tissue and will repair the gut. Also emulsified vitamin A can be helpful but needs to be used with caution. Bowel health is your first line of defence, as if your small gut is impenetrable toxins will not get into your system. Oh and if repairing your gut avoid high fibrous, high starch foods whilst you are doing it, basically a simple diet of cooked veg and protein.

Detox – magnesium citrate will get you pooping well. Don’t bother buying expensive detox products, if you look at the labels, all they are is magnesium.

Balancing of hormones: Wild yam, perilla seed, rhodolia.

If you suspect you have candidiasis you need to repair your gut lining but also try Goldenseal, Organic Oregano oil, and oil based caprylic acid but alternate them. Cut out sugar and white carbs whilst doing this. Overactivity of bad bacteria can overpopulate gut lining, effectively evicting good bacteria from its home. If no good gut bacteria can lead to malabsorption of nutrients making matters worse and limited synthesis of B vitamins.

MMS – useful for parasites but can be abrasive on the gut and depletes enzymes.

If supplementing with vitamins and minerals, it’s best to realise that if you take B6 this will deplete magnesium and zinc so you need to take a balanced programme or good suppliers of vitamins take this into account and offset can interactions for you. I.e. biocares P5P contains zinc and magnesium.

You could also try chelating products if you test positive for heavy metal toxicity as well as NAC (but be careful here as NAC can make unbalanced methylation worse).

Whatever you try you need to research research research.

I am not a medical doctor and this should not be taken as medical advice or in any way a substitute for going to your GP. Contained within are just my opinions and not medical advice.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:35 pm

I would think Pyroluria is on a scale with our populace.
Thanks for the link im reading the Orthomolecular psychiatry and thats a Fulcrum for me.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthomolecular_psychiatry
Quote:
In 1973, a task force of the American Psychiatric Association examined niacin monotherapy of patient populations with chronic schizophrenia and bipolar disorder and rejected the practice along with the reliability of Hoffer's diagnostic approach.

It would be interesting to investigate the APA's research in discrediting this Idea....
And the idea that the Equation being so complex that only timed insights of suggestion are possible.
I would say, I will take whatever I can get currently....

I'll finish digesting the post later thanks.

Last edited by magamud on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:55 pm

No worries.

Yes, it also makes you wonder why certain genetic markers arent spoken more about in the medical profession in terms of forward planning and preventative health or whether these genetic markers are being activated more through vaccines and whatnot.

B3 would worsen undermethylators and be a great cofactor for overmethylators although there is some contention here within the ortho literature.

A really interesting article that I came across is this:

http://biologyofkundalini.com/article.p ... eandwater2

taken from

http://www.biologyofkundalini.com/

adds a bit of mystical/spiritual balance to the whole equation.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:06 pm

Quote:
Yes, it also makes you wonder why certain genetic markers arent spoken more about in the medical profession in terms of forward planning and preventative health or whether these genetic markers are being activated more through vaccines and whatnot.

Like holy mackerel! More evidence for me, that the Eco politics being supported by Big Business of philanthropy is nothing but a Ruse to distract the Truth of Atomic Field Integrity!

Quote:
adds a bit of mystical/spiritual balance to the whole equation.

There is a Grey area where Quantum Mechanics and consciousness overlap and it is associated with the Truth of the World.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:15 pm

I agree.

The question is how do you tap into it but that's another thread.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:21 pm

You tap into it by pursuing Truth, metabolizing Reality....
Experience....

Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:32 pm

Metabolising experience. Reality. Yes.

I think we need to uncover the specifics.

I.e. transducing consciousness.

Integration of left and right hemispheres? Supression of certain areas of left hemisphere with activation in the right hemisphere and vice versa. But how? What sort of exercises can encourage this?

You can collect information, reality puts academia/research/theories into perspective, which facilitates awareness but without a written set of specific principles to guide people into tapping into this 'field' it is worthless.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:27 pm

Here is the thing.
At this point, trying to balance nutraceutical with the amount of information and control available to us is not sufficient, compared to a well balanced Diet.
But that depends on the level of corruption in the body.
I like how Nature even gives you colors to identify different spectrums of nutrition....
I am wary of tampering with my natural chemical composition as it becomes a tide and hard to maintain...
This is considering the poisoning being done and from my research a great front of the culling is in Kidney Damage.
Minerals could complicate this area drastically as well as support Spontaneous Cancer Mutagens.

There attacking so many functions of the body. Thyroid, hormones, metabolism etc....

I think of myself as a Fish in a fish bowl. I want the cleanest water available....

Quote:
You can collect information, reality puts academia/research/theories into perspective, which facilitates awareness but without a written set of specific principles to guide people into tapping into this 'field' it is worthless.

I agree, but I think the equation you seek is intermeshed with Moral insight and integrity. The overlapping area? Since how one discerns Moral Judgement is something personal to each one, then to each one their own responsibility. If you get my meaning?

Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next