Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Different engines 
Site Admin

Post Different engines
We have mastered the piston engine, a design that is over 100 years old. But have we really? Do we know all there is to know?

Hardly.

5 UNKNOWN ENGINES
(duration 11:39)

Imagine if we could fuel these engines with hydrogen and oxygen derived from water like Stanley Meyer did.

Mon May 21, 2018 4:04 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Different engines
Back in my teenage years, in the 1970's, I was into autocrossing sports cars. I used to study the specs of all the various sports cars, and I even bought my first car, a Triumph TR-4, based on a table I had put together comparing calculated data for a number of potential candidate cars I could afford to purchase. Basically, I was looking for the most horsepower per pound for the least expensive price I could find. I wanted the biggest bang for the buck. I still think along those same lines 45 years later.

Motorcycles had powerful engines that revved easily, and I often wondered why no one built a lightweight sports car with a motorcycle engine for the power plant. It seemed like the logical thing to do, but I never heard of anyone doing it. But after waiting patiently for four decades, I have discovered someone who is thinking much like I did. Biggest bang for the buck, and not too concerned with "pretty". Yeah, I'm liking it!

1964 Honda S600 Hot Rod - Jay Leno's Garage
(duration 16:36)

Just as an aside, it's interesting to see the cars I have owned. Our psychology is reflected in our choice of transportation (as it is in many things), and so this list says something about my psychology. I bought all of these cars used and for very low prices, except for the 1988 Honda Civic, the only new car I ever purchased, and I paid MSRP on that one. It seems I value practicality, economy, performance, and fun. I also have owned two sport motorcycles, lots of road and mountain bikes, and when it comes to reliable transportation, I especially appreciate my two legs that have served me with distinction, and continue to do so on my daily walks and bike rides around town. Usually, if my destination is within 6 miles, I will ride a bike to get there rather than drive. But once a week I drive into the city to do shopping, run errands, and visit friends. That's usually 50 miles round-trip, so I do use the car for that.

Here are my car purchases in historical order:

1964 Triumph TR-4
1964 Volkswagen Beetle
1959 Elva Courier
1962 (?) Sunbeam Alpine
1971 Ford Econoline E250 van
1977 (?) Volkswagen Scirocco
1972 Lotus Europa
1988 Honda Civic
1993 Saturn SL1
1985 Toyota MR2
1996 Toyota Tercel
1997 Toyota Tercel

The Tercels are lightweight (2000 pounds), have a wonderful 1.5 liter twin cam engine, and surprisingly get 50 mpg on the highway when driven with a light foot. I love getting 50 mpg, and if I could get 100 mpg, that would be even better. What I really want is Stanley Meyer's dune buggy that ran on water and did not pollute! Free energy is where humanity needs to be heading, but with sociopaths in control, we are never allowed to have it. This is terribly wrong and needs to be changed.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:24 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Different engines
Funny to see the video in the first post of this thread already censored! "Different engines" must be something the ruling sociopaths don't want us to be interested in. It might remind them of us investigating "different leaders".

The SkyActiv-X engine from Mazda looks like a winner (at 3:04 in the video below). It combines some diesel engine technology with the gasoline engine design to create a more efficient hybrid. It uses a lean gas/air mixture with a high compression ratio of 15:1. I want one, assuming it can produce a high gas mileage numbers in the 60mpg range! It should be capable of giving good power from small engine displacements. If my 1996 Toyota Tercel could give me 50mpg on the highway with a 1.5 liter engine, I think the Mazda SkyActiv-X engine could do even better.

7 STRANGEST New Engines
(duration 5:37)

This reminds me of the Loremo automobile, that was supposed to be available to buy in 2010 and get around 130mpg. I was on the waiting list to get one. What happened to it?

Club of Pioneers and Loremo
(duration 2:14)

Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]