Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
What and who are " The Sultans of Sage" 

Post What and who are " The Sultans of Sage"
Here's UncleZook's most recent vulgar attempt to belittle the membership of this forum which he has is titled "Hugo Chavez: neoMarxist Phages vs the Sultans of Sage"

It's obverse who he thinks are the "neoMarxist Phages", so who are and what are "Sultans of Sage???", do you know one? could you be living next door to one?

So lets start with his "preferred" source of information shall we, Wikipedia!

Sultan (pronounced [ˈsulˈtˤɑːn]; Arabic: سلطان‎ Sulṭān) is a noble title with several historical meanings. Originally, it was an Arabic language abstract noun meaning "strength", "authority", "rulership" and "dictatorship", derived from the masdar سلطة sulṭah, meaning "authority" or "power". Later, it came to be used as the title of certain rulers who claimed almost full sovereignty in practical terms (i.e., the lack of dependence on any higher ruler), without claiming the overall caliphate, or to refer to a powerful governor of a province within the caliphate.

(Source)

People

-Sage (Sophos), a Stoic wise person and/or figure
-Rishi, a Hindu seer of Vedic hymns or divine human being
-Spiritual teacher, including teachers of mysticism or clergy or religious leaders
-Wise old man, a kind, wise, paternal figure, often archetypal or stereotypical

(Source)

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:44 pm

Post Re: What and who are " The Sultans of Sage"

You take me seriously when you shouldn't, and don't when you should, A&W root weird.

Your burden to bear.

The Sultans of Sage is a play on the words of a Dire Straits song. And yes, I am as confident on issues of the mind as Mark Knopfler is on issues of the sonic string and strum.

What do you want me to say ... that I'm a raff with an ordinary riff (like you)?

:jest:

Pax Discerni

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]