Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
DoubleThink 

Post Re: DoubleThink
I think doublethink works by some sort of devision of consciousness and it also may be a human phenomenon and to do with the fact humans are bicameral in nature, how we are hardwired. Or can be easily manipulated.

Hypnosis works in part by using doublethink and non sequitors and can compartmentalise consciousness as well as integrate. Which is why hypnosis is an effective treatment for those suffering with dissociative identity disorder. The mind protects itself by the use of compartmentalisation in times of severe trauma.

The ego protects itself by denying aspects of reality that are uncomfortable because we have investments in them i.e. loyalty to assholes because of our need to belong.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:39 pm

I also doublethink is also part of the equation of a social contract.

Sometimes psychopaths give inexpensive gifts or complements - this act of giving and if you foolish;ly receive (i.e. being flattered without being slightly mindful of motive and allowing your ego to be flattered) is like shaking hands with a snake. A social contract has formed. That of obligation.

Obligation/gratitude is taken advantage of. People always know deep down that something isnt right, an uneasiness feeling, anxiety. When you have those feelings around someone are you in doublethink about somebody? Friends with someone who makes you feel uncomfortable for some unknown reason?

Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:44 pm

Quote:
bicameral in nature

This whole concept is fascinating, it deserves more explanation..

Quote:
Which is why hypnosis is an effective treatment for those suffering with dissociative identity disorder. The mind protects itself by the use of compartmentalisation in times of severe trauma.

Nice insight, hypnosis can work on many levels but the power of one over another diminishes in proportion to an individuals Will....
Yes we are designed to Regress, deny, hide away, cover up the evidence and create a Propaganda campaign in direct proportion to the integrations intention.
A simple Survival instinct to survive trauma, corrupted, supported, polarized over Millenia to be used as Compartments?

That is the basic infrastructure of MK Ultra Programming.

This sounds like Reaver...
Quote:
loyalty to assholes because of our need to belong.

Well we each have one asshole cant suspect why you would need another unless you have an unbalanced metabolism...
And yes, my research suggests that the absolute slightest of innuendos can be used for compartmentalization. And why Not?

It needs to feed so it sets itself up to do so and our society is a willing participant for such Vampiric games...

Last edited by magamud on Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:08 pm

Not sure how to quote from others' posts just yet.

bicameral - look up Julian Jaynes.

I thought of Reaver when I used that word compartmentalisation, shame he's not on here.

a new 'asshole', ha ha very touche my friend.

So you think inuendo is some sort of dark humour to acknowledge said thought process?

Is it a survival instinct, a facet of our hardwiring derived from living in a harsh terrain with, perhaps small hunter gatherer groups where social hierarchy and your balance within it is vital to your survival or is it something much more sinister, have we been bred for a purpose?

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:18 pm

Quote:
I also doublethink is also part of the equation of a social contract.

Indeed and the fruits of this corrupt labor are springing forth in our Epic Civilization.

Quote:
That of obligation.

This point has depth and if the psyche is this fragile, the most subtle of feel goods could be means to Co-Dependence....
Balance that with basic rapport it can get tricky...

Quote:
When you have those feelings around someone are you in doublethink about somebody?

Thats an indicator no doubt. Harmonics?

Quote:
So you think inuendo is some sort of dark humour to acknowledge said thought process?

Absolutely, this is how the bicameral mind keeps itself integrated. The left hand knows not what the Right does. This dynamic is in Epidemic proportions and everywhere as the building blocks of Cognition.
Corruption at the Psyches atomic field?

Quote:
have we been bred for a purpose?

For one agenda it is so Evil can exist. Bred to deny and be programmed. This will become harder to resist proportional to Technologies advancement imho....
Quote:
s it a survival instinct, a facet of our hardwiring

I believe so, so people have the ability to survive trauma by Forgetting. A natural anesthesia hardwired. This trait Exploited is disastrous...

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:28 pm

I would like to hear more about your atomic field please.

Split brain subjects are probably a great personification of doublethink, albeit not subtle!

A friend of mine has had their corpus callosum split and I do find said person's reasoning quite deluded at times, obviously so.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:40 pm

p.s. right back at ya - good insight into the role of humour. This also needs a topic of its own.

"The left hand knows not what the Right does" - such an important phrase. Perhaps language and certain phrases also serve as a form of integration, counteracting doublethink.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:41 pm

The atomic field being the original make up of nature. A matrix or electrical field that allows for the interaction with consciousness. So its the fish in the clean water bowl analogy. Our mainstream medicine does the opposite with adding ingredients to the water bowl polluting it.
If the people understood the frailty of this universal field, clean water, air, food and overall consciousness would thrive...

Your focus on the hemispheres is good and pertains to how biochemical wellness is needed to interpret the world correctly. Like if your inner ear is off, your balance is off.
But I dont put the observer into the biology of our bodies. I believe its a force, a consciousness that uses the cellular body to experience life...

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:58 pm

I agree - I believe in the other planes and the transference of consciousness. I also think the observer can be in more than one plane in more sense than one, i.e. split consciousness and doublethink. However, the body for the moment is still, as Carmody puts it, the interface.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:03 pm

Thanks....

Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next