Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
EMPATHIC CIVILIZATION 

Post EMPATHIC CIVILIZATION
EMPATHIC CIVILIZATION
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7AWnfFRc7g

Actually this vid, which I previously bumped on another thread, I found on UP. Even though on UP there is a lot of dialogue, (coupled to a considerable amount of unpleasant, difficult dialogue to wade through from some members demonstrating repetitive antics of disruption in what often results in conversations devolving into school-yard bullying "self-centred one-upmanship" that completely disregards and disrespects the gravity of global importance that these conversations could achieve), with a bit of time and effort it becomes easier to find the valuable threads which have some serious information re the topic of global sociopathic leadership logic (dog eat dog values, devolution) vs homo empathicus (intrinsic values of empathy, equality, transparency, advanced evolution).

I personally have neither the time, or interest, to engage with anyone who wishes to debate on whether as a species we predominantly subscribe to individual and group sociopathic leadership logic - for me it is a given - and there are others far more capable than myself that contribute to this task of transformational awareness. My intention is to move forward with the global society that has already clearly defined these parameters, from multiple yet interconnected angles, and is actively doing something about it; for this movement will, (and is, as will be shown), provide indisputable information, evidence, and strategy to disable, from a posture of non-violence, all resistance from sociopathic opposition.

The authors below succinctly demonstrate where my understandings, (and passions), ignite from. Like many, I have been searching all my life not only for a global/universal answer to why we continue to sustain primitive savage dehumanisations, but for a strategic global resolution that "fits" with me, as well as my abilities to assist. I have studied and investigated numerous movements, (both on and off the ground, so to speak), and although I align with many altruistic movements and do/have participated in some, it is the EMPATHIC CIVILIZATION MOVEMENT that calls to me the loudest to invest my time into. I seriously believe it has the greatest potential to lead us to the overarching goal of removing sociopathic logic/leadership from our global societies.

It is therefore Empathic Civilization thinkers that I align with and I have made the assumption [informed by spending hours researching Chico's on-line footprint covering global sociopathy] that this ideology correlates well with Chico's sustained vision. This is the common ground that I share with Chico and is where I will invest my time here on UP, as he is well aware.

Therefore, for anyone seriously interested in working toward an Empathic Civilization, the following articles are worthy of your time, and I am very keen to have others share with me their interconnected, supportive disclosures on this movement, [as I am collating data which will be compiled into a workable proposal to ignite a Global Awareness Campaign to link individuals/groups whose focus and commitment is toward an Empathic Civilization and to lend support to parallel awareness campaigns/strategies].

'EMPATHIC CIVILIZATION': HOW LITTLE MINDS ARE WIRED FOR COMPASSION
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-elk ... 81074.html

'EMPATHIC CIVILIZATIONS' EXCERPT:HOMO-EMPATHICUS, THE BIG STORY THAT HISTORIANS MISSED
http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/ ... c_n_448475

Excerpts from Article:
History, on the other hand, is more often than not made by the disgruntled and discontented, the angry and rebellious--those interested in exercising authority and exploiting others and their victims, interested in righting wrongs and restoring justice. By this reckoning, much of the history that is written is about the pathology of power.
[…]
All of which raises the question "Why have we come to think of life in such dire terms?" The answer is that tales of misdeeds and woe surprise us. They are unexpected and, therefore, trigger alarm and heighten our interest. That is because such events are novel and not the norm, but they are newsworthy and for that reason they are the stuff of history. Today, our twenty-four hour cable TV news shows become the chroniclers of the accounts of pathological behavior, bombarding us with tales of horror and woe.

The everyday world is quite different. Although life as it's lived on the ground, close to home, is peppered with suffering, stresses, injustices, and foul play, it is, for the most part, lived out in hundreds of small acts of kindness and generosity. Comfort and compassion between people creates goodwill, establishes the bonds of sociality, and gives joy to people's lives. Much of our daily interaction with our fellow human beings is empathic because that is our core nature. Empathy is the very means by which we create social life and advance civilization. In short, it is the extraordinary evolution of empathic consciousness that is the quintessential underlying story of human history, even if it has not been given the serious attention it deserves by our historians.
[…]
A heightened empathic sentiment also allows an increasingly individualized population to affiliate with one another in more interdependent, expanded, and integrated social organisms. This is the process that characterizes what we call civilization. Civilization is the detribalization of blood ties and the resocialization of distinct individuals based on associational ties. Empathic extension is the psychological mechanism that makes the conversion and the transition possible. When we say to civilize, we mean to empathize.

We frequently hear political conservatives argue that empathy is a code word for collectivism. They fail to realize that empathic maturity requires a well devolved sense of selfhood and individuality to flourish. Political liberals in turn, are likely to associate "individualism" with uncaring narcissism, again, not realizing that a well formed self identity is required for empathic extension and compassionate behavior.
Empathic consciousness would be strangely out of place in either heaven or utopia. Where there is no mortal suffering, there is no empathic bond. Rather than running away from the travails of life, empathic consciousness acknowledges the day to day struggles that come with being human and extends solidarity by acts of compassion.
It should also be noted that where empathic consciousness flourishes, fear of death withers and the compunction to seek otherworldly salvation or earthly utopias wanes.
[...]

EMPATHIC CIVILIZATION: IS IT TIME TO REPLACE THE AMERICAN DREAM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeremy-ri ... 69546.html

THE EMPATHIC CIVILIZATION: THE YOUNG PIONEERS OF THE EMPATHIC GENERATION
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeffrey-j ... 54211.html

EMPATHIC CIVILIZATION: AUTHOR INTERVIEW
http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/ ... v_n_484053

A brief interview with Jeremy Rifkin, (Author of the RSA Animate:Empathic Civilization), where he describes the beginnings of a good leader as well as a timely message for our younger generation.

Extract: What I would say to the younger generation that's listening in is we need to believe that we have the time that's necessary but then we have to be very steadfast and disciplined each day so that we commit our life to re-healing this planet. To establishing a new empathic frame of reference, to laying the ground work for an empathic civilization because life goes very quick, one day you're 15 and the next day your 65. So what I would say to the younger generation is this is your moment. This may be a turning point moment for history. Your generation has a tremendous, tremendous challenge. It's daunting. But you need to come to the table now and help the rest of us and help those not yet here, those yet not alive, by healing the planet, creating a new third industrial revolution economy and beginning to create an empathic civilization for generations to come. It's a great opportunity and it's a daunting challenge.

FOOTNOTE:
In the following vid Jeremy Rifkin explains what he terms the "third industrial revolution"; emerging because of the internet and its evolution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xOK2aJ-0Js

Jeremy's analysis in the vid of where we are at today reminds me of a statement from visionary artist James Mahu's mythologies Glossary published 2001:

The OLIN technology will "know" the preferences and interests of every individual linked to its network, and by the year 2016, it will be more ubiquitous than telephones in the late 20th century. Hence, the network will be controlled by individuals, and producers of content and services will be the "slave" or reactionary force of the individual. Thus, the individual will need to define their entertainment and educational desires carefully, or the OLIN technology will deliver content that is undesirable.
Extract from Wingmakers Glossary (2001) here.

My point for these footnote references being: how it is vital that the psychology of humanity is given as much focus as needed to saturate our species with awareness power for Empathic Evolution as this will directly impact what individuals "choose" in this era of "The Internet of Things"! It is precisely this "choice" that is every individuals enabling power decider for steering humanity into a new direction within this remarkable historical turning point we are all currently participating in.

Last edited by Chicodoodoo on Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fixed the link to the PDF file,

Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:18 am
Site Admin

Post Re: EMPATHIC CIVILIZATION
Thank you, Gemma, for your efforts in pursuing this critical subject. I am clearly on board with bringing balance to the Force (of empathy), but I do see problem areas that concern me. The primary problem area is, of course, sociopaths.

If we are to truly achieve an empathic civilization we have confront the reality of human self-centeredness and human greed. The real challenge is to convince even the most self centered and the most avaricious that global empathy is in their own best interests. Most religions have attempted this and have failed. Yet global empathy can be taught. The real challenge is to find a way of making such education universal and effective.

I have the impression that David Elkind doesn't understand the scope of the problem. Sociopaths are not going to be convinced that empathy is in their own best interests. It just cannot happen, because they are not capable of feeling empathy. And yes, global empathy can be taught, but the ruling sociopaths have already modified all educational systems (schools, media, entertainment, government, military, etc.) to teach a contrary philosophy. From my perspective, as long as the ruling sociopaths rule, they control the game.

So what kind of action can make inroads into turning things around? Education is primary, but as I just pointed out, sociopaths largely control that. The more I think about it, the more I see psychological testing of all politicians as the best actionable plan. Even then, their power is such that they could probably succeed in undermining and corrupting such a plan. But it is the simplest and most understandable action that ordinary people could potentially rally around.

Just as a person is required to have a renewable driver's license to operate a vehicle on public roads, so too should politicians be required to have a renewable psychological license to operate in the public interest. Here in the USA, our current obscenity of a presidential race (Trump versus Clinton, two raving sociopaths) is opening a lot of eyes to this need. Screening out sociopaths from national leadership positions just makes sense at the most fundamental level. fMRI testing makes this a workable possibility for the first time in human history.

In a Global Awareness Campaign, would it make sense to focus global awareness on the need to screen for sociopaths in all leadership positions?

Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:11 pm
Site Admin

For two hundred years the American Dream has served as the bedrock foundation of the American way of life. The dream, reduced to its essence, is that in America, every person has the right and opportunity to pursue his or her own individual material self interest in the marketplace, and make something of their life, or at least sacrifice so the next generation might enjoy a better life. The role of the government, in turn, is to guarantee individual freedom, assure the proper functioning of the market, protect property rights, and look out for national security. In all other matters, the government is expected to step aside so that a nation of free men and woman can pursue their individual ambitions.

Although American history is peppered with lamentations about the souring of the dream, the criticism never extends to the assumptions that underlie the dream, but only to political, economic and social forces that thwart its realization. To suggest that the dream itself is misguided, outdated, and even damaging to the American psyche, would be considered almost treasonous. Yet, I would like to suggest just that.

Here I was reminded of Rose's refusal to question capitalism at Inphinet. Most Americans have been thoroughly brainwashed to believe that capitalism, like democracy, is the best system in the world. I speak from experience as a brainwashed American! Lately (within the past 5 years), I have shaken off my former mindset and argued that democracy, as theoretically practiced in the USA, is just a few votes removed from perfect disunity and division (the 50 - 50 split). Simple majority democracy is therefore the worst form of democracy possible, and we think it's the greatest. Why? Because we are programmed to think that way by the ruling sociopaths. Such beliefs benefit them. Likewise, we think capitalism is the best economic system in the world, with everyone selfishly pursuing their own greed and self-interest while showing no empathy for how others might be affected. It's fundamentally sociopathic, and it again benefits the sociopaths. That's why they teach us to believe in capitalism.

Rifkin suggests capitalism may be damaging to our psyche, but I've seen enough now to avoid being that timid. Capitalism, like sociopathy, is killing us. And no wonder, as the two are mutually supportive. I am learning to be opposed to both.

Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:21 am
Site Admin

As an indicator of our complete lack of empathic civilization, consider the perspective offered by Dane Wigington in the talk below. There is no empathy behind the 9/11 false-flag, or the public vaccination false-flag, or the global geo-engineering false-flag. They are all deceptions with a very malicious purpose that does not serve the bulk of humanity. They are the opposite of life-affirming. They are focused on suffering, disease, death, and most of all, on power and control for a small, loosely organized group of morally insane sociopaths.

With "friends" like sociopaths, who needs enemies?

Geoengineering Watch Global Alert News, September 10, 2016 ( geoengineeringwatch.org )

Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:49 pm

Hi Chico just popping in to say Hi. Have had unexpected visitors arrive two weeks ago for a lengthy stay but I have managed to get a bit of research/work done re GAC. And I am actually pleasantly surprised to find there are more "professional" advocates globally than I anticipated who are focussed on developing global awareness to the problem our civilization faces re psycopathic logic determining and leading our societal structure.

For e.g. Quantum Future Group QFG (quantumfuturegroup.org). President Arkadiusz Jadczyk being the publisher of "Political Ponerology", as you are aware.

The following two articles are great refresher summaries for readers interested in an overview of the origins of Political Ponerology and its evolving vision and endurance toward bringing forth humanities strength for an empathic civilization.

https://www.sott.net/article/159686-In-Memoriam-Andrzej-M-obaczewski

https://www.sott.net/article/148141-The-Trick-of-the-Psychopath-s-Trade-Make-Us-Believe-that-Evil-Comes-from-Others

Have loads to discuss with you in time and will after I get the opportunity to have a discussion or two with the QFG.

Cheers
Gemma

Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:39 am
Site Admin

Quote:
When psychopaths are the policy makers in government and the CEOs of big business, the way they think and reason - their 'morality' - becomes the common culture and 'morality' of the population over which they preside. When this happens, the mind of the population is infected in the way a pathogen infects a physical body. The only way to protect ourselves against this pathological thinking is to inoculate ourselves against it, and that is done by learning as much as possible about the nature of psychopathy and its influence on us. Essentially, this particular 'disease' thrives in an environment where its very existence is denied, and this denial is planned and deliberate. -- source

This is the very same phenomenon I have called group sociopathy.

It also exists at the microcosm level, like in online forums. I have been watching this develop over at Inphinet with David and Shadowself at the helm, with Rose lost in the con-artistry of sociopath Chris Langan, much to the delight of the budding captains of the Inphinet ship. It is classic sociopathic deception and manipulation, well executed by David, with Rose apparently oblivious to the way she is being diverted, distracted, and yes, played. I am fascinated by the dynamics unfolding there, but I am also discouraged by how easily Rose fell for the manipulation, despite what should have been a sufficiently detailed summary of the games sociopaths play in numerous threads at Inphinet, and especially given her years of experience under the thumb of uber-sociopath Atticus / Stephen. If Rose can't accurately recognize the tell-tale signs of sociopaths at work, what chance does the typical person have who is part of the Followers, who I estimate make up 80% of humanity?

The fable of the Pied Piper starts to have new meaning for me.

Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:17 am

This is the very same phenomenon I have called group sociopathy.

Absolutely which is why the article struck me as being a valuable addition.

Wow I haven't really paid any attention to Chris Langan so after watching that short vid link you provided where he  reveals that he is a staunch supporter of genocide via sterilization of anyone who has a genetic propensity for disease and to then hypocritically, ignorantly, and deceptively label his cure for humanity an Advanced Ethics approach . . . oh and to also do nothing else except state the bloody obvious re global dilemmas . . . well, suffice to say there won't be any further attention given on my part to "the smartest man on the planet" :crazy: .

With his singular focus on the mind Langan sure is a great candidate for transhumanism.

Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:12 am
Site Admin

Gemma wrote:
. . . well, suffice to say there won't be any further attention given on my part to "the smartest man on the planet" :crazy: .

He's useful as a study of how sociopaths con us. Claiming to be the smartest man on the planet is so typically sociopathic, an example of the superiority complex sociopaths derive from their lack of empathy. I loved his claim of having a superior intellect due to his large head. By his reasoning, any elephant should be so much smarter than Chris Langan! And I'm sure he found his niche as a bar bouncer, coldly deciding who to hurt in the most efficient and justifiable manner. It's easy to see why David would hold up Langan as a shining example of humanity.

At the same time that I see the sociopathy playing out on the microcosm level (at Inphinet), I also see it playing out at the macrocosm level. I'm currently reading George Bush: The Unauthorized Biography, and it is astounding to see the persistent machinations of Bush senior as he controls not only President Reagan but the entire Reagan administration. It is masterful sociopathy at its "best"! I find it completely revolting, and I find myself wishing George H. W. Bush had been brought to justice in the manner he so beautifully described to Sarah McLendon:

Quote:
McLendon had asked Bush: “What will the people do if they ever find out the truth about Iraq-gate and Iran contra?”

George Herbert Walker Bush: “Sarah, if the American people ever find out what we have done, they would chase us down the street and lynch us.”
-- source

Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:40 pm
Site Admin

Debate | Peter Joseph v Stefan Molyneux - 23rd 2013 - The Zeitgeist Movement

Stefan Molyneux just doesn't get it. He adheres to the "free market" theory and champions all of its oversimplistic explanations, just like I once did decades ago, exactly as I was programmed to do by the society I was born into. A free market exchange involves more than just the two principal parties. There is always the largely ignored third party, typically the rest of the world, which is affected to varying degrees without even being a part of the transaction. The rest of the world often pays a price, sooner or later, for the goods that exchanged hands. The price could be environmental, political, economic, health related, an erosion of fundamental rights, or even a corruption of truth. It can also be the very structural violence that Peter Joseph speaks of. Even though Molyneux recognizes the important role empathy plays and the disturbing role sociopaths play (reference 9:30 to 10:00 in the video), his understanding is primitive compared to Peter Joseph's. Molyneux is more concerned with scoring debating points than educating himself or the public. Peter Joseph is on a higher level, with greater perspective and a broader view. An economy based on competition and selfish greed will never lead to prosperity for all. It will always devolve into sociopathy, where deception and manipulation will be employed in the pursuit of greater power and control over the consumers. That is the reality of our current economy, which anyone should be able to see. It is so obvious, and Peter Joseph clearly sees it, but Stefan Molyneux simply sees his own ego being insulted. How petty. And this is a real problem. How do you communicate these observations to those who are trained not to see them? I ran into this myself yesterday, talking with an elderly woman who was incredibly well informed about the pervasive deceptions of our world, like 9/11, the money system, the presidential elections, the wars, the assassinations, the way money ruins everything... and yet her mind snapped shut when I touched upon the Holocaust being the same kind of trickery. No, all of that (the Holocaust) was true, 6 million Jews were gassed, because she had talked to someone who had lived in one of the camps, who had a numeric tattoo on the arm. Does it make sense to expend energy tattooing a person in an extermination camp that you are about to kill? No way, but it does make sense for workers in a work camp. There were 20,000 of us on campus at the University of Colorado in the 1970s, and we were each tracked and identified by our Social Security number, right here in the land of the free! We weren't being prepared for extermination. We were being prepared to be obedient workers.

Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:55 am
Site Admin

While I'm looking at Peter Joseph and praising his overall astuteness, let me point out where I think he gets it wrong. There aren't very many of these moments, but they are important.

Peter Joseph wrote:
There is no "they"... It's a religious mentality: duality, good and evil. -- 12:50 to 13:21 in this video (Zeitgeist 4 Where Are We Now)

Good and evil exist, and each contributes to the solutions and the problems respectively. So it is not just a religious mentality. It is, in fact, a human reality. Evil comes principally from "them", so there is a "they". "They" are the sociopaths. They are those humans that are pathological to society, thus the root of the word sociopath. Any solution that discounts the capabilities of organized sociopaths to undermine, infiltrate, and co-opt the solution for their own selfish purposes has failed to find the real solution. This is not to say that Peter Joseph's solutions are wrong, but that they are not complete. The inevitable corrupting influence coming from sociopathic psychology must be anticipated and prevented, otherwise any solution, no matter how good, will only be temporary.

Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next