Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Anonymous...Friend or Foe? 

Post Re: Anonymous...Friend or Foe?
andywight wrote:
I'm a little confused by your use of a corporate advertising here Mr .ULY, can you please explain?

erps! I fixed it for you Mr. Wight.
Silly me :giggle: , I posted the corrupt corporate version instead of the original classic.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:28 am
Site Admin

I like the original version better than the advertising version, but I'm still confused. What is your message, Mr. ULY? How does it relate to Anonymous?

Obviously, in a world where a small percentage of sociopaths dominate the vast empathetic majority, there will be no harmony, no matter how hard we wish it.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:20 am

I like the original version better than the advertising version, but I'm still confused. What is your message, Mr. ULY? How does it relate to Anonymous?

Obviously, in a world where a small percentage of sociopaths dominate the vast empathetic majority, there will be no harmony, no matter how hard we wish it.

Guess I was just trying to lighten the mood of the incessant intellectual arm-wrastling and skull duggery threading that is the daily grind here @ United People.

Here's another one for you rascals.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:34 am

OH :giggle: , hehe.

I guess I just blew my cover.

I am really a closet Lightworker :idea:

PS, We need more smilies :!:

Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:43 am
Site Admin

Guess I was just trying to lighten the mood of the incessant intellectual arm-wrastling and skull duggery threading that is the daily grind here @ United People.

:lol: OK, that's cool. Good answer, too!

Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:23 am

Not sure what to make of this "Anonymous" video.
It seems like a weak attempt at a bad hoax or is it govt trying to dis-credit Anonymous?
Or the real Anonymous.....if there even is a "real" Anonymous, dunno?

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:17 pm
Site Admin

I look forward to the 5th of November.

V for Vendetta wrote:
Remember, remember the 5th of November. The gunpowder treason and plot. I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot.
Chicodoodoo wrote:
Remember, remember, 11 September, the Twin Tower treason and plot. I know of no reason why government treason should ever be forgot.

I suggest staying out of Federal buildings on the 5th of November, just in case justifiably disgruntled slaves have finally been moved into clandestine revolt. May we be so lucky.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:04 am

Skype rats out alleged WikiLeaks supporter without waiting for court warrant

Say goodbye to online service providers protecting the identities of their users. With just a bit of begging, a Texas-based intelligence firm succeeded in convincing Skype to send over sensitive account data pertaining to a teenage WikiLeaks fan.

Reports out of Amsterdam this week suggest that Microsoft-owned Skype didn’t wait for a court order or warrant with a judge’s signature before it handed over the personal info of a 16-year-old Dutch boy. The youngster was suspected of being involved in Operation Payback, an Anonymous-endorsed initiative that targeted the servers of PayPal, Visa, Mastercard and others after those companies blocked WikiLeaks from receiving online payment backs in December 2010. When hacktivists responded to the blockade by overflowing the servers of those sites with distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks, PayPal asked Dallas, Texas’ iSIGHT Partners Inc., a self-described“global cyber intelligence firm,” to investigate.

It appears that iSIGHT didn’t have deals with just PayPal either. Skype is also a client of the online private eye, and they reached out to the chat company for assistance. Normally the court would enter the equation here and write out a warrant to try and track down that information, but the initial report by Brenno de Winter of Nu.nl reveals that investigators skipped that step.

According to English-language transcription of Winter’s account, “the police file notes that Skype handed over the suspect's personal information, such as his user name, real name, e-mail addresses and the home address used for payment.” While that in it of itself isn’t all that unusual, Winter writes that Skype sent over that information voluntarily, “without a court order, as would usually be required.” [Read more...]

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:57 pm
Site Admin

Darn it! The 5th of November seems to have passed quietly. So far, no bite, just bark.

Skype, Paypal, and other businesses are primarily in it for the money. Providing a service to the masses is just an annoying necessity that they slowly work on reducing to a bare minimum while maximizing their profits. This is the sociopathic business model that we have all been brainwashed to believe in. Some people are correctly opposed to this model and are organizing in collectives like Anonymous to fight back.

May the Force be with them.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:23 pm

‘Anonymous’ Warns NATO: ‘This Is No Longer Your World’

Quote:
“We do not wish to threaten anybody’s way of life. We do not wish to dictate anything to anybody. We do not wish to terrorize any nation.

We merely wish to remove power from vested interests and return it to the people – who, in a democracy, it should never have been taken from in the first place.

The government makes the law. This does not give them the right to break it. If the government was doing nothing underhand or illegal, there would be nothing ‘embarassing’ [sic] about Wikileaks revelations, nor would there have been any scandal emanating from HBGary. The resulting scandals were not a result of Anonymous’ or Wikileaks’ revelations, they were the result of the CONTENT of those revelations. And responsibility for that content can be laid solely at the doorstep of policymakers who, like any corrupt entity, naively believed that they were above the law and that they would not be caught.

A lot of government and corporate comment has been dedicated to ‘how we can avoid a similar leak in the future’. Such advice ranges from better security, to lower levels of clearance, from harsher penalties for whistleblowers, to censorship of the press.

Our message is simple: Do not lie to the people and you won’t have to worry about your lies being exposed. Do not make corrupt deals and you won’t have to worry about your corruption being laid bare. Do not break the rules and you won’t have to worry about getting in trouble for it.”

Read more: http://techland.time.com/2011/06/10/ano ... z2HcnyvJfJ

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4