Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
VOICES OF DISSENT: ACTIVISM & AMERICAN DEMOCRACY 

Post VOICES OF DISSENT: ACTIVISM & AMERICAN DEMOCRACY
“Revolution is a spectators sport.

The majority will sit in the stands and watch the factions fight.

At the end they will choose side with the team that is winning. ”

George Lincoln Rockwell

One reason we resist improving our world is that we resist facing the possibility that our leaders are corrupt or incompetent. Our natural tendency is to trust people in positions of authority; to assume they are protecting us and providing guidance to us.

Children offer the most extreme example of this. The natural tendency of a child is to assume his parents are wonderful people. A child will trust his life with his parents, and he will resist accusations that his parents are bad people.

This tendency to trust authority persists even in adults. In fact, some people have noticed that simply by pretending that they are important they can get people to regard them as an authority. People who are promoted to management positions are sometimes advised by other managers to put on an aura of being a leader.

The reason is simply because we don't judge a leader by his ability to lead. Rather, like an animal, and like a child, we judge a leader by his visual appearance, posture, tone of voice, and -- most important -- according to whether other people consider him to be a leader.

http://batr.org/view/031812.html

Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:43 am
Post Re: VOICES OF DISSENT: ACTIVISM & AMERICAN DEMOCRACY
Yes my dear. I hear you.

What's always a bit daunting for me in these forums is the knowledge that we are singing to the choir.

I know you understand the song I sing to you. You picked up the harmony right away. I understand yours as well and can harmonize to your music. I appreciate your efforts.

We are all awake and aware here. I was not at that 2003 protest in question but I was at a different one that day. I was not shot at. I was interviewed. It was not Amerika. However it's happening with more frequency in the "civilized" first and second world countries.

Not less frequency.

The sheeple might be accustomed to the loss of their freedoms like frogs become accustomed to the temperature of slowly heating water in a pot on a stove until they boil but me? I was thrown into a boiling pot as a tadpole and leapt out and so now?

I am hyper aware of when I am being placed in a cold pot of water.

I tend to jump out automatically. I don't stick around to see what happens. I know what's going to happen.

Most of us on these forums didn't just jump off the turnip truck so now what?

What the hell do most of us we ever do on these forums except sing to the choir. We post these videos and linked articles of our freedoms being eroded, and other people voicing their dissent and being fired at by those whom we pay to serve and protect us.

The man who posted his tiny little loved ones trauma at the hands of the TSA on U Tube is being proactive. He's mad as hell and I bet he's not going to take it any more. He didn't take it up with the chimp and get locked up and lose a very expensive flight and accommodations to Disney World with the family.

He took his anger to You Tube. People saw it. They commented. I showed it to my family. We discussed it.

How are we going to change the status quo here at UP? First things first: we can agree to quit fighting amongst our brethren, form a circle, pass around a talking stick and a peace pipe, of our choice, and try to Unite our People.

If it can be done here, that's fine with me. If there's a better platform somewhere, fine and dandy too.

If it can't be done? Then I'm done.

Enough of our petty squabbling from forum to forum and let's ACTIVATE ourselves.

Coalesce.

I can imagine a coalition of the willing and committed working here. Or somewhere. I will lend my full support to this vision of a United People.

Not to more of the same old same old.

No disrespect to anyone on this forum who is doing their best to awaken me and others to things going on in the world and corruption and corporate greed etc., but seriously by the time I got here? I was on my 4th cup of coffee.

I'm wide awake.

Now what?

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:39 am

I aim a lot of my posts at the newbies who visit these type of forums as viewers looking for answers to the puzzle. I sometimes re-hash old topics for the information to stay in cypber space for ever and planting seeds of thoughts to people who do not know what the hell is going on.

Sometimes we need to remember why we are here. The fighting has to stop.

I think the women here have the job of the chicken police. :lol:

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:08 am
Site Admin

Yeah, but that was real, physical fighting. We are communicating (or trying to) on this forum, which helps avoid real, physical fighting.

And are we sure both of those chickens are hens?

Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]