Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Spotlight on the common good 
Site Admin

Post Spotlight on the common good
What is the common good?

What are the needs and wants that we all have in common?

Why isn't our society organized to maximize the common good?

How can we create a society whose function is to maximize the common good?

How did human society go so wrong, and how can we ensure that it won't happen again?

I was going to address all of these questions, but maybe I'll let some of you go first. Any volunteers?

Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:28 am

Post Re: Spotlight on the common good
What is the common good?

Why isn't our society organized to maximize the common good?

How did human society go so wrong, and how can we ensure that it won't happen again?

I was going to address all of these questions, but maybe I'll let some of you go first. Any volunteers?

you first mister .im sure folks like mag and dsimon will pipe up and andy and that new member storm and the lurkers and L & G. my first impression was hey we got some real good brains here......................... when we 're not getting sidetracked by ziggie and the spiders from mars tour de farce.

some left. some just did a fly by and splattered some pigeon poop. we are a very mall band of merry men and women at the mo but lets put are noggins together .

Quote:

you mean in the new society we are creating in our virtual minds chico or in reality??? and if in reality pls send me a google map of this utopia i will be there if i have to panhandle the funds or sell a kidney to get there i would..............

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:37 am
Site Admin

wassupdoc wrote:

you first mister.

The United People Declaration has a list that makes a good starting point, I think.

Quote:
you mean in the new society we are creating in our virtual minds chico or in reality???

If we create our reality, and to some extent, I believe we do, then what we want to see "realized" begins in our virtual minds. So let's start there.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:41 pm

Difficult subject to tackle. Controversial too in some respects. The best place to start is the question "where did human society go wrong? imo. Can't get it right till ya at least look at the real problems.
A concerted effort to break apart the family and then the fight against morals imo is when the slide began in earnest. Families used to take care of the elderly. Generations of family lived together. Now, divorce is rampant, if they even bother to get married. "Live together and see if you are compatible." BS and do what feels good. This isn't about religion btw, it's about personal responsibility.

Stormborn

Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:50 pm
Site Admin

Stormborn wrote:
A concerted effort to break apart the family and then the fight against morals imo is when the slide began in earnest.

I agree that the family unit model, and the extended family model of the tribe, was a system designed to maximize the common good. Both practice the gift economy described by Charles Eisenstein, and more importantly, sociopaths are quickly recognized and neutralized by the tribe. So when larger and more complex hierarchies were developed, sociopaths were able to remain unrecognized and flourish in the niches of power and control. As they prospered, they began to reform civilization in the image of their deviancy. And that's where we are today, living in a pathological society that is the result of several millenia of sociopathic rule.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:24 pm

We need our Atomic and Molecular field free from Mutagens, period....Especially synthetic....

Corruption of Gene expression will be associated with a high criminal offense.
It will be recognized that we exist with other dimensions and that good neighbors in Physics is fundamental.

Psychopathic behaviors will be identified through Reason, deprogrammed and gradually eliminated from Human behavior...
:ugeek:

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:24 pm

magamud wrote:

Psychopathic behaviors will be identified through Reason, deprogrammed and gradually eliminated from Human behavior...
:ugeek:

I hope your right about this, though not sure how you would go about deprogramming them?

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:48 am

It would be tough, especially with the social system used as an alibi for psychopathic behavior.
I think I could help those who are less on the spectrum in an inpatient detox center model.
So in that sense it would be considered a brain disease like Addiction...

Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:08 am

Quote:

Conformity for the sake of it should be discouraged from an early age. Creativeness, inquisitiveness should be encouraged and celebrated rather than stiffled.

Kids should learn the value of solidarity, love thy neighbour and standing shoulder to shoulder. The bonds of trust in society have been lost, we are all suspicious, unwilling to help unless it benefits us or out of fear of reprisals, need I mention the case of Kitty Genovese.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kitty_Genovese

Fighting for resources and the polarisation between the classes has lead to competition, division, the rat race.

I don't know how you can rectify that apart from mentioning obvious things like getting rid of money and replacing with authentic trade. In reality engineering that is probably impossible.

So then question is do we try and change incrementally we have got for the better, which would be a thing far removed from our chosen utopia I'm sure or do we call for revolution? Who wants to live through a revolution?

Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:42 pm
Site Admin

Conformity for the sake of it should be discouraged from an early age. Creativeness, inquisitiveness should be encouraged and celebrated rather than stiffled.

Dang, you're good! Great post, thank you for your contributions at United People. I am pleased with the quality of the membership here, and I'm not saying that just to flatter anyone.

Quote:
So then question is do we try and change incrementally we have got for the better, which would be a thing far removed from our chosen utopia I'm sure or do we call for revolution? Who wants to live through a revolution?

I have struggled with this question for a long time. I have decided the first option is impossible without a revolution, because the ruling sociopaths will not allow incremental change that is contrary to their rule. And the traditional revolution option of using force is impossible too, as the ruling sociopaths have all the power on their side, since they realize it is essential to their survival.

So what we need under these circumstances (the above conundrum) is a revolutionary kind of revolution, one perhaps similar to the revolution led by Gandhi, one of non-cooperation. Even here, the deck is stacked against us, as opting out of a system that is all-pervasive and an integral part of our lives (because we, like our parents and grandparents, were born into the present system and have only known that one system) is seemingly impossible as well. But remnants of a prior system still remain in the proper functioning of the nuclear family, meaning one that is not dysfunctional. And once we realize this, it becomes clearer why the traditional family unit has been subjected to so much strain in an effort to destroy it or at least greatly destabilize it.

They don't want us to see our other choices. They want us dependent on their system that they control.

Richard Sauder may be applicable here.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next