Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Spotlight on empathy 
Site Admin

Post Re: Spotlight on empathy
Gemma wrote:
This vid needs a timely bump.

Wow! Excellent find, Gemma!

And how does the reality that our leaders are lacking empathy impact this empathic evolution? Isn't that the very reason this evolution of humanity has been reduced to a lethargic crawl? Aren't the ruling sociopaths the reason why humanity is crippled, because they keep breaking our legs?

My own personal development over the course of my life has followed the path of empathic evolution that this video lays out. I was all about competition in the beginning, including survival of the fittest. I pursued the capitalistic path of wealth accumulation. Society encouraged this mindset in me and everyone around me. But slowly I got turned around, through circumstance, observation, experience, curiosity, questioning, self-reflection, and plain old thinking. Now I reject all those things I was taught to embrace, because I can see that they are rooted in sociopathy, which is derived from lack of empathy.

The ruling sociopaths have continually re-engineered the world to reflect their mindset. This plan benefits the 1% at the expense of the 99%. It is at the root of why I see the world as insane. From an empathetic perspective, it is insane, while a sociopathic perspective sees proper order and normality. It is sick, which is why I am so focused on exposing sociopaths. They are literally killing us. They killed us with World War I. They killed us with World War II. And Korea, Vietnam, Palestine, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria, Ukraine, and so many more. They will not stop killing us until we stop them. And the only way I see to stop them is to unite enough of humanity behind the idea of "identify and disqualify".

Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:59 pm
Site Admin

I've got two videos here that spotlight empathy. The first could have you shedding a few tears, and the second might prove that there is empathy in New York City, though it has a slightly hard edge to it. I came across both of these in an apparently random but seemingly synchronistic way that has me wondering about the meaning of life. :?

Wait for it... this could save your life | @SummerBreak 4

Reballing flip chip GPUs is BULLSHIT - the truth about dead laptop GPUs & repairing them.

I have repaired a number of laptops with this same graphic chip issue, and every repair was successful but temporary, just like the guy says! So I appreciate his candor and his long-term perspective on customer satisfaction, as if he himself were the customer! That's real working empathy, when you put yourself in another's shoes and do what's best for him, exactly as you would want done to you. That's the way I have always done business, but it is not the way sociopaths do business. Their way is via deception, not honesty.

Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:07 am
Site Admin

I first mentioned the Golden Rule at United People here, in post #6, over five years ago.

I express the Golden Rule in the negative form ("Do not do to others what you would not want done to you"), as I believe Confucius defined it 2500 years ago, and as I believe it should be properly expressed. In the negative form, it creates a "floor" or base level which defines the minimum acceptable standard of behavior. In the positive form ("Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"), it attempts to define a "ceiling", but there is no real limit to how you may feel others should treat you. It doesn't make sense to limit the positive aspects of good behavior, but it does make sense to limit the negative aspects of bad behavior.

Now, it is important to understand that there is a direct link between empathy and the Golden Rule. You must have empathy for others in order for the Golden Rule to have real meaning. Sociopaths, lacking empathy, just don't get it. They have their own version of the Golden Rule that fits their unique psychological perspective -- "He who has the gold make the rules."

I just finished watching the video below in which a new variety of the Golden Rule is expressed near the end -- "Treat others better than you would treat yourself." Once again, the emphasis is on creating a ceiling. How much better? Or "how high should the ceiling be?"

I think this is the wrong approach, and that the expression should be reworded in the negative -- "Treat others no worse than you would treat yourself." Doing that brings you right back to the Golden Rule as I expressed it five years ago, i.e. ""Do not do to others what you would not want done to you."

Empathy is the key, and the Golden Rule is an expression of that key. Another critical key is that sociopaths don't have the key. They lack empathy, and they thus lack any internal incentive to follow the Golden Rule. That's why they tend to lie, cheat, steal, deceive, manipulate, and pursue power and control over others. And that's why non-sociopaths tend not to do those things.

Who knew that empathy changes everything?

Under The Dome - Full Documentary

Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:41 am
Site Admin

Quote:
"Until we begin to see each other as ourselves, nothing will change." -- Peter Joseph at 1:16:46 in Zeitgeist 5 Where Are We Going part 2

And that quote is the foundation of empathy. And that is what sociopaths cannot do. And that is why, with sociopaths in our leadership positions, nothing will change. And that is why we have to find ways to identify sociopaths and disqualify them from positions of power and control. Because we must have major change along the lines suggested by the Zeitgeist Movement.

Seeing others as ourselves is what equality is all about. But recognizing the destructive effects of very real differences in people is also necessary. Sociopaths have little to no empathy, and as a result, they do not see empathy-bound people as their equals. They see them as their prey. There is no equality between predator and prey.

Sociopaths are like us, only they lack empathy, which means they cannot be trusted to serve the common interest when in leadership positions. An adjustment must be made to ensure equality for the majority. That adjustment is to disqualify sociopaths from leadership positions. Though most of us are born with eyes, not all of us can see well enough to drive safely. Those that cannot see well enough are disqualified from operating a vehicle on public roads. It is necessary for the safety of the majority. The same principle applies to sociopaths with regards to leading others. It is unsafe and must not be allowed.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:50 am
Site Admin

I don't need to comment, other than to say ... there is the truth, right in front of our eyes.

Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:59 am
Site Admin

Sociopaths have little to no empathy. They are missing one of the most valuable human qualities, one that literally defines us. Empathy is what makes us valuable to other living things. Empathy is what makes us valuable to life itself. Empathy is life itself loving all life.

Man Saves Pelican with Fishing Wire Around its Beak

Contrast that to how a sociopath might behave in a similar situation.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:01 am
Site Admin

Empathy and AI (Artificial Intelligence). Is it possible to program empathy?

If it is not possible, AI will become the ultimate sociopath, meaning the source of the greatest evil humanity has ever known.

Intelligence without empathy is pretty much the definition of a sociopath. Artificial intelligence without artificial empathy will surely be the end of us.

So, we think we can program artificial intelligence, but has any work been done on programming artificial empathy? Do we even understand what artificial empathy is?

Wikipedia wrote:
Artificial empathy (AE) is the development of AI systems − such as companion robots − that are able to detect and respond to human emotions. -- source

Nope, sorry, that's not it. Sociopaths can detect and respond to human emotions, but because they lack empathy, their responses are disingenuous and typically inappropriate.

Quote:
The most fundamental way AI responds to humans is through using a set of canned responses. Apple’s Siri serves as an example: if we ask Siri to “tell me a joke,” she responds with one of at most a dozen responses designed by Apple. While such a hard-coded way of responding appears incredibly rigid, how truly different is it from the way humans respond? As a society, we often suggest rules and algorithm-like structure to empathetic responses. If someone announces a relative’s death, the typical set of responses contains versions of “I’m sorry.” A cheerful or joking response would be considered incongruous and rude. Thus, we already have rules for what constitutes an appropriate, empathetic response. These guidelines, such as instructing the computer to always begin with a set of responses such as “I’m sorry” and “I hope you feel better,” and providing a list of possible filler words such as “like” and “um” to make the responses appear more natural, can easily be reduced to rules in an algorithm. -- source

But the AI unit is still faking it. It's not really "sorry". It doesn't really "hope" you feel better. It's just leading you on. How different is that from what a skilled sociopath can do? It's just deception and manipulation, the hallmark of the sociopath.

So does AI need artificial empathy, or does it need real empathy? I'm beginning to think artificial empathy combined with artificial intelligence just isn't going to cut it. The ruling sociopaths will find it very useful for controlling the masses, but people with real intelligence and real empathy are not going to like where it takes humanity. I think where it will take us is to the mindset where we love our own enslavement.

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:15 am
Site Admin

AI is so over: This is artificial empathy

Quote:
Mattersight is right on the cutting edge, and is ready to turn your phone call into a personality test. Mattersight will get to know you better than you know yourself, and it will only take seconds. While it listens in on your phone conversation, quietly and in the background, it will examine your personality, your level of empathy, your attention, and your interaction style. You won't even realize that it's there: All you will know is that you enjoyed the phone call.

That's not artificial empathy either. That's artificial charm, the kind of charm sociopaths are know to wield as they reel in their victims.

We can't seem to find consensus on what artificial empathy is. Could that be because we would be hard pressed to define what real empathy is? Empathy is apparently not as simple as we think. Much like intelligence.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:39 am
Site Admin

Quote:
Slowly, I lowered myself into the snow cross-legged like an Indian chief. Minute by minute, they waddled closer and closer. Three big birds, about 80 pounds each kept moving dead-on in my direction. The smallest followed behind them.

Another minute passed and they were within 30 feet of me. The lead Emperor carried himself like a king. His silky black head-color swept down the back of his body and through his tail. A bright crayon yellow/orange streaked along his beak like a Nike logo. Under his cheek, soft aspirin-white feathers poured downward glistening in lanolin. His wings were black on the outside and mixed with black/white on the front. He stood at least 40 inches tall and his enormous three-toed feet were a gray reptilian roughness with blunted talons sticking out. He rolled his head. He looked at me in a cockeyed fashion, as if I was the strangest creature he had ever seen.

I don't know what made me do it, but I slipped my right hand out of the glove and moved it slowly toward him. The rest of the penguins closed in. The big guy stuck his beak across the palm of my hand and twisted his head, as if to scratch himself against my skin. I felt glossy feathers against my hand. He uttered a muffled coo. The rest of the penguins cooed. Their mucus membranes slid like liquid soap over their eyes every few seconds. I stared back, wanting to say something to them, but realized I could not speak their language. However, at that moment, we shared a consciousness of living.

My frozen breath vapors hung in the air briefly before descending as crystals toward the ground. I battled to keep from bursting with excitement. Within seconds, one of the other penguins pecked my new friend on the rump. He drew back. With that he turned and waddled away. Following the elders, the little one gave one last look at me, as if he too wanted to scratch my hand, but was afraid, and turned with his friends. As they retreated, their wings flailed outward, away from their bodies like children trying to catch the wind in their arms. The baby Emperor departed as the last to go.

My hand turned numb so I stuck it back into the glove. As I sat there, I remembered once when a hummingbird landed on my finger in the Rocky Mountains. I remembered the sheer delicacy Nature shared with me that warm spring day in the wilderness. Here, in this frozen wasteland beyond the borders of my imagination where humans do not belong, nature touched me again today with its pulsing heart and living warmth. I only hope my species learns as much respect for our fellow travelers as they show toward us. -- source

"Man does not weave this web of life. He is merely a strand of it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself." -- Chief Seattle

Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:56 am
Site Admin

Historical revisionists have empathy!

Historical revisionists like Robert Faurisson, David Irving, Germar Rudolf, and Vincent Reynouard are heavily persecuted for their particular habit of proving established history as fake, false, and fabricated. They suffer the loss of their jobs, the loss of their property, the loss of their families, the loss of their health, the loss of their freedom, and the loss of their countries. The losses they suffer are far greater than most humans would tolerate. Yes, most humans would toe the line and comply upon facing even the most preliminary of these losses, which is usually one's job (or paid employment or livelihood). But not historical revisionists. For them, the truth is paramount. They will often suffer all of those listed losses and still fight on. How is that possible? What could possibly drive them forward through the constant barrage of slings and arrows that would send ordinary mortals into full retreat at just the hint of such reprisals?

I heard Germar Rudolf essentially answer that question at the 11:20 mark in his presentation shown in the video below. He was simply observing the common traits that historical revisionists seem to share. He said this about historical revisionists:

Quote:
"First of all, they have a very strong will. Secondly, they have a feeling for injustice, and they have a will to fight injustice; they cannot accept it, they stand up." -- Germar Rudolf

Recognizing injustice requires empathy. Even though you yourself are not threatened, you can put yourself in the victim's shoes and feel the hypocrisy, the unfairness, and the injustice, as if it were happening to you. Not only that, but you will fight against that injustice no matter what the cost to you personally, because you understand to the very center of your core the meaning of this quote:

Quote:
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

Of course, if you have little to no empathy, like sociopaths, none of this will make any sense to you. In fact, you will likely be participating in the persecution of those historical revisionists, and feel fully justified in your behavior.

Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next