Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Spotlight on empathy 
Site Admin

Post Re: Spotlight on empathy
"He wouldn't hurt a fly."

This morning, I awoke to the annoying sound of buzzing in my ears. A fly was bumping against the glass of my bedroom window. I got up, opened the curtains, and faced my antagonist, who was crawling up the corner of the glass. I took a heavy metal door hinge conveniently lying on the wooden window sill and used the edge of it to crush the fly into the corner. It fell on the window sill. I carefully picked it up by one wing and placed it in the potted plant beside my bed, where its body might provide fertilizer for the soil.

I walked outside into the bright sun to stretch my back by pulling against the balcony railing. While stretching, I reflected on the start of my day. I had killed a fly. The sound of its working wings had annoyed me. What made me so important that I could take a life just because I was annoyed?

"Nothing."

In effect, my life was no more important than the fly I had just destroyed. Or perhaps I should say that my life was just as important as the fly I had destroyed. My reason for destroying it was petty. I was arrogant. My comfort had taken precedence over the fly's existence. How hard would it have been to catch the fly and release it outside? Hard maybe, but not much harder than the skill to crush a fly with the edge of a door hinge.

Another fly buzzed by my ear. "Yes, you are right," I mentally replied. "I have sinned." The old religious mantra pressed forward in my mind, and I looked up into the clear blue sky to atone for my crime. "Forgive me, for I have sinned," I said.

But was it enough? Was it a fair exchange, realizing my wrongness at the cost of a fly's life? Had the wrong life form died that morning? Was the value of the universe diminished by my stupid actions? Was I worthy of the life I was gifted?

There are men this morning directing bombs onto communities in Syria just because they are annoyed with the leader Syrians support. Are the wrong lives being snuffed out this morning? Is the value of the universe diminished by the stupid actions of these men? Are they worthy of the life they have been gifted?

Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:34 pm
Site Admin

Here's another example of empathy in action -- Ken O'Keefe explains exactly why he gave up eating meat, and empathy is center-stage in his arguments.

I told you he was on the saint side of the bell curve.

KEN O'KEEFE SPONTANEOUS VEGETARIAN RANT

December 23, 2017: Video censored, other copies here ( 1 2 )

Quote:
That decision had such a profound impact on my life, I cannot tell you. The implications of making a decision which runs completely contrary to your own self-interest, something that you enjoy so seriously, and you give that up because you acknowledge the fact that it is inconsistent with a moral, ethical existence. -- Ken O'Keefe at 2:15 in the video

Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:13 am
Site Admin

Here's yet another example of empathy in action. Non-sociopaths can be incredible people because of the empathy they possess. Next to them, the most incredible sociopaths, often times among the most wealthy people on the planet, are simply emotionally impoverished.

The Future of Free Energy is here now! The end of oil, coal and nuclear pollution!

Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:23 am
Site Admin

Quote:
I often think that America suffers from an empathy gap. We are simply not encouraged to put ourselves in the place of others. For example, how many Americans fancy the idea of a foreign power operating drones in our sovereign skies, launching missiles at gun-toting Americans suspected by this foreign power of being “militants“? Yet we operate drones in places like Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Yemen, killing suspected militants with total impunity. Even when innocent women and children are killed, our emperors and our media don’t encourage us to have compassion for them. We are basically told to think of them as collateral damage, regrettable, perhaps, but otherwise inconsequential. -- source

When sociopaths rule, it is only natural that they will do everything in their power to squelch our empathy. Because it is our empathy that will eventually reveal the truly evil nature of the sociopathic mindset. You can see this in action in the video below, which I recently posted about here. Note that you have to "sign in" to watch the video on the YouTube website, which acts as a subtle form of censorship to discourage general viewing. After all, the ruling sociopaths don't want any feelings of empathy against them to be activated in the public.

'Proud' to be an American - Really?

Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:53 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
In the study, researchers were able to pinpoint an area of the brain involved with empathy and learning.

fMRI scans of people carrying out reinforced learning tasks showed a central brain region called the sgACC was active when they carried out the task when either another person would benefit - an experimental proxy for generosity.

What's more, the level of activity in this region was linked with how fast they could learn to carry out the task and how empathetic they rated themselves as.

The researchers believe the findings could provide new insight into people unable to process empathy, such as psycopaths and those with pathological antisocial behaviour. -- source

fMRI studies consistently show specific and repeatable differences in brain activity between sociopaths and non-sociopaths. This could very well be the best method to date for identifying sociopaths, with a degree of reliability and accuracy never before available to the human race. For the first time in our history, we may have a tool to deal with the problem of sociopaths leading humanity in all the wrong directions.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:41 pm

These are important studies to partner with studies highlighting "low empathy/sociopathic disorder". We know the disease exists, we now have ever expanding "scientific" evidence for it, but we also need supportive "evidence" from the other end of the spectrum as this helps provide a more concrete, cohesive, legitimate framework to work with; a complimentary framework that assists with revealing "answers" for our resistive social bias when the only focus is on the sociopathic data.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:50 am
Site Admin

Gemma wrote:
...we also need supportive "evidence" from the other end of the spectrum as this helps provide a more concrete, cohesive, legitimate framework to work with;

What do you envision this supportive evidence to look like?

Quote:
A teenager who vanished from Myrtle Beach, S.C., in 2009 was repeatedly raped in a gang “stash house” for several days – then she was shot dead and fed to alligators when her disappearance generated too much media attention, the FBI said last week. The shocking new details about the mysterious disappearance of 17-year-old Rochester, N.Y., native Brittanee Drexel came largely from a “jailhouse confession” that was subsequently substantiated by others with “tidbits” and “secondhand information,” FBI Agent Gerrick Munoz testified in a federal court transcript obtained by The Post and Courier. -- source

I would bet money that the perpetrators of this horrific crime were sociopaths, devoid of any empathy for the poor victim. My first reaction to this painful story was to mentally apologize to the spirit of Brittanee Drexel for having encountered such inhumane monsters. That is basically what sociopaths are, "inhumane monsters". Until sociopaths are properly identified and managed, many innocent people like Brittanee and her relatives are going to suffer needlessly. These crimes could be prevented with simple and effective psychological screening on all people starting at a young age. Yet it will not be allowed as long as sociopaths dominate our highest positions of power and control. They know it is not in their best interests, and they couldn't care less about our best interests.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:25 pm

Quote:
What do you envision this supportive evidence to look like?

Evidence that provides another angle to help transition empathic people past a common resistive, knee jerk cognitive dissonance just on the "idea" that we are globally led by "individual and group sociopathic" logic. I have found and observed that in many conversations empathic individuals appear wired to be unable to even consider, let alone investigate and contemplate strategies for removing individuals from positions of power based on examining and testing of psychological data.

A common empathic handicap, the comfort zone to "turn the other cheek, forget about it, and move on", is undoubtedly an incredibly powerful enabler for sociopaths. And I get this in spades for I too have allowed this socially (and psychologically) conditioned ignorance to dominate my own life. For decades I have excessively focussed ONLY on that "little good bit" inside individuals waiting desperately for it to sprout and consume them with the same kumbaya inside me. This only served to create a monumental default blind spot for recognizing repetitive patterns in their behaviors, (as I was always blank slating back to the little good bit), whilst unwittingly endorsing unlimited power for their lack of kumbaya to reign unchallenged. I was also seriously cursed with the belief that sociopaths default to remorse/guilt, the same way an empathic individual feels over negative behaviours that can come when blown off course due to group and social conditioning.

An example of a common "empathic" response: "how awful to want to stereotype individuals into another group only to have them become outcasts in society when we have enough socially discriminated groups already, let alone the potential for eugenic sterilizations!!"- and yet many empathic people have no problem demanding paedophile alerts within their neighbourhoods and support physical castration as a means to protect innocents. So with this inherent safeguard mechanism it is difficult at times to get to the part where solutions for removing sociopathic leadership is not about creating another disconnected "subspecies", nor applying barbaric, primitive lobotomies to individuals . . . it is about giving the "right job to the right people".

Which is why it is encouraging that there are individuals, groups and organizations that are showing a keen interest and active demonstration in using neurological sciences that show empathy markers as tools for awareness and strategy, not only to encourage individuals toward behaviours that enhance the empathy markers, but to prove that when "empathic decision making processes are prioritized" the resulting benefits to our social environments are greatly transitioned and enhanced toward all-inclusive beneficial ethical behaviours and outcomes. (So sad that this "no-brainer" needs so much comprehensive science to prove, but understandable when sociopaths currently control not only how and where empaths are positioned in leadership councils, but how they should think so they can then disseminate this sociopathic thought logic to the populace. It's ironic really, we need sociopaths to be shepherded and audited and yet this is precisely what they do to empaths!)

I therefore believe that supportive evidence of this nature needs to be incorporated into a GAC as it could well be proving to be a fundamental bridge that inspires empaths to have the conversation. Exemplifying recognizable, humane, empathic behaviours via neurological science then becomes a strategic spotlight for comparability to individuals with low empathic markers and their behaviours. It is not about taking the heat of focus off of sociopaths but finding ways to "lead horses to water" so to speak, potentially being an effective way of dealing with sociopathic censorship, disinformation and misinformation about this very topic. I do note that you have been having this "conversation" for years Chico, with some success, which is why I find it very encouraging to have this supportive data/evidence emerging.

Quote:
This could very well be the best method to date for identifying sociopaths, with a degree of reliability and accuracy never before available to the human race.

If science can spotlight empaths it is logical to assume these researchers will inadvertently identify sociopaths and be roused to take this further. I believe this will be an approach that many an empath will prefer to enter and initiate their engagement for GAC discussions as they will unfortunately not be initially comfortable with an idea that some simply see as a "witch hunt for sociopaths", rather than an expose of sociopathic leadership logic and global conformity. So another topic in the GAC proposal will need to be based around this in my opinion; with references and links to the evidence (which I am collecting but will collate further down the track).

Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:18 am
Site Admin

Gemma wrote:
I have found and observed that in many conversations empathic individuals appear wired to be unable to even consider, let alone investigate and contemplate strategies for removing individuals from positions of power based on examining and testing of psychological data.

Yes, that's a huge problem. It's because those empathic individuals haven't made the proper connection between criminal psychology and criminal actions. We are even bombarded with propaganda to prevent us from making such connections. The film "Minority Report" is a slick example designed to discount the idea of "thought crime", a close relative to real crimes initiated by the inherent psychological make-up of the perpetrator (e.g. a psychopath).

Gemma wrote:
A common empathic handicap, the comfort zone to "turn the other cheek, forget about it, and move on", is undoubtedly an incredibly powerful enabler for sociopaths. And I get this in spades for I too have allowed this socially (and psychologically) conditioned ignorance to dominate my own life.

Yes, another huge problem! And yes, once again we are conditioned to behave in a manner that benefits our controllers, the ruling sociopaths.

Gemma wrote:
For decades I have excessively focussed ONLY on that "little good bit" inside individuals waiting desperately for it to sprout and consume them with the same kumbaya inside me. This only served to create a monumental default blind spot for recognizing repetitive patterns in their behaviors, (as I was always blank slating back to the little good bit), whilst unwittingly endorsing unlimited power for their lack of kumbaya to reign unchallenged. I was also seriously cursed with the belief that sociopaths default to remorse/guilt, the same way an empathic individual feels over negative behaviours that can come when blown off course due to group and social conditioning.

In other words, you behaved like a typical non-sociopath, primarily due to believing that sociopaths were basically like you. As non-sociopaths, that is our first hurdle to overcome.

Gemma wrote:
An example of a common "empathic" response: "how awful to want to stereotype individuals into another group only to have them become outcasts in society when we have enough socially discriminated groups already, let alone the potential for eugenic sterilizations!!"

Only it's not a stereotype, but the true situation! And they don't have to become outcasts, they just have to be properly managed. And no one is calling for eugenic sterilizations. You can see how deliberate programming / brainwashing kicks in to sabotage normal common sense!

Gemma wrote:
It's ironic really, we need sociopaths to be shepherded and audited and yet this is precisely what they do to empaths!)

It's mega-irony, all right.

Gemma wrote:
I therefore believe that supportive evidence of this nature needs to be incorporated into a GAC as it could well be proving to be a fundamental bridge that inspires empaths to have the conversation. Exemplifying recognizable, humane, empathic behaviours via neurological science then becomes a strategic spotlight for comparability to individuals with low empathic markers and their behaviours. It is not about taking the heat of focus off of sociopaths but finding ways to "lead horses to water" so to speak, potentially being an effective way of dealing with sociopathic censorship, disinformation and misinformation about this very topic.

So basically you are endorsing education of the differences between normal psychology and sociopathy. Without a doubt, this is critical.

Gemma wrote:
If science can spotlight empaths it is logical to assume these researchers will inadvertently identify sociopaths and be roused to take this further.

And that has already happened. The problem is that the ruling sociopaths can control this process and suppress it. And they have! It's similar to Zook arguing at Inphinet that an algorithm bug invalidates all fMRI results.

Gemma wrote:
I believe this will be an approach that many an empath will prefer to enter and initiate their engagement for GAC discussions as they will unfortunately not be initially comfortable with an idea that some simply see as a "witch hunt for sociopaths", rather than an expose of sociopathic leadership logic and global conformity.

Sociopaths always call it a "witch hunt" anyway, as that is part of their defense strategy. Fighting their lies is the real problem that has to be overcome. That is their primary advantage over the rest of us. They can invent new lies much faster than we can refute them! That is the very strategy David used against me at Inphinet. That is the very strategy the Jewish sociopath leaders have used to support the Holocaust lie for 70 years. That is our real hurdle. Until we can quickly identify sociopaths using science and understand that they are clever and relentless liars that cannot be trusted, they have an unbeatable advantage.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:49 pm

THE EMPATHIC CIVILISATION

RSA ANIMATE: The Empathic Civilisation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7AWnfFRc7g

This vid needs a timely bump.

Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next